Guide to Faster Flax than Seers!

The Real ET

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Ive never really thought about picking at the Gnome Stronghold too much, always seems farther away to me, but I guess I've been thinking of the other bank. I've got about 2k flax to spin I spoze I could get some average times for the Neitzot wheel and the Lumbridge wheel while I'm at it.

morgothsigdu2.jpg

METAL \m/

• 3 weeks later...

i tried the flax at gnomes awhile ago but just couldnt get into it because its so spread out. maybe ill get back into it.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

Excellent guide, you proved my wrong when I thought flax picking would only require a few paragraphs. I love the pictures and I love the information, it's always nice to see a guide like this. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It seems that no one has metioned this...But, Lunar Isle? I know the flax is a bit of a distance shorter than Seers. And you can cut this down with the Lunar Isle teleport too. Have't actually tried it myself, but there is a fair amount there, and it is reletivley close to the bank. The only down side is the Squahs, which, are so slow, that they shouldn't be a problem, especially with Dragon Hide armour.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

You should add a section noting that it's possible to cut wood, pick flax, fletch and string bows, and alch them all in Gnome Stronghold.

This is a flax guide and the only part not mentioned is the wood and alching. That part is something people should just realize if they are ready for real fletching.

It seems that no one has metioned this...But, Lunar Isle? I know the flax is a bit of a distance shorter than Seers. And you can cut this down with the Lunar Isle teleport too. Have't actually tried it myself, but there is a fair amount there, and it is reletivley close to the bank. The only down side is the Squahs, which, are so slow, that they shouldn't be a problem, especially with Dragon Hide armour.

Yeah, but along with a high(ish) level quest required, those Squahs are annoying and with the flax flowers not concentrated, that spot is ineffective. Plus, between the gliders and spirit trees, Grand Tree is very easy to get to.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

heh like it and all just wish i found this thread earlier because i found all this junk out by myself lol..... it stinks you have to edit part of your guide because of the rs update with the bow stringing. as a fletcher i cant complain because my wrist is thanking me.

ALSO ADDITION: lumby cast 2nd floor is a great place to spin flax into bowstrings. the bank is upstares and you can have run on the entire time and not run out of energy due to the commute to and from. you lose less than 20% of your energy and its all regained by the time it takes to spin the flax.

theres barely any one at the elf place because you have to do regicide to go there ::' not really a bad thing you put that in the guide ::'

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

heh like it and all just wish i found this thread earlier because i found all this junk out by myself lol..... it stinks you have to edit part of your guide because of the rs update with the bow stringing. as a fletcher i cant complain because my wrist is thanking me.

ALSO ADDITION: lumby cast 2nd floor is a great place to spin flax into bowstrings. the bank is upstares and you can have run on the entire time and not run out of energy due to the commute to and from. you lose less than 20% of your energy and its all regained by the time it takes to spin the flax.

theres barely any one at the elf place because you have to do regicide to go there ::' not really a bad thing you put that in the guide ::'

dude.. hes said liek 4 times his guide ISNT ABOUT >>SPINNING<< FLAX

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

[hide]

y_anima"]

[/hide]

:oops: oh my bad...

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

[hide]
y_anima"]

[/hide]

:oops: oh my bad...

With everyone telling me about spinning and such, I may just add it it just to keep them quiet. =P

But, the best place to spin is Neitznot, from the Fremmy Isles quest. In low detail you can get between bank and spinning wheel in 1 click, and the bank is a left-click chest bank.

Back in december-January 06 (or was it 05? I know it was the year that they put out scarfs and hats for aholiday rewards). I made 5mil from picking and selling flax in Lyeta. I had 2 choices of what to do with the money, full dharocks or a santa hat (yes they were that cheap back then). I decided to get full dharoks. :lol:

OT: Its nice to see that the secret on this is finally out. My whole time picking flax, the only other people getting it were getting it for personal use, not profit. (Yes, despite the fact that my questing skills were great back then, in the money making department I was a newb)

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

Nice guide, btw I use to go to Lletya alot and never noticed that flax concentation... I'll have to visit it sometime.

I didn't see it either until several people told me it existed. Just walk a few steps away from the bank and you'll see it. =P

i dont know if this has been sugjested for your guide but if you can pick the flax in the elf city then after your done picking as much as you want to pick just go use the lumbrige spinning wheel :)

glad to be a follower of guthix

strength through balance

• 3 weeks later...
i dont know if this has been sugjested for your guide but if you can pick the flax in the elf city then after your done picking as much as you want to pick just go use the lumbrige spinning wheel :)

Yes, but this guide isn't about spinning. >.<

I think I'm going to add it shortly because everyone seems to want it, but Lumbridge is a horrid place to spin. Gnome Stronghold is better for that too, and Neitznot (spelling?) is king town of spinning.

Absolute fastest way:

Pick flax in Lleyta. Spin flax in Lumbridge.

Wrong. If I was a jerk I'd put a "fail" macro here.

Lleyta is fastest for picking, but requires some hard quests to get to. If you read my guide you'd see that I mentioned Lleyta and the other places that everyone can use.

Lumbridge is ungodly slow for spinning though. Neitznot (spelling?) is by far the fastest place to spin. In low detail it's one click to wheel and one click bank.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide ;)

Gnome place seems like there is too much walking/running, even though it saves time.. its too much clicking.. :(

Letvia seems perfect :o

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...