You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

When you come back to the game after a 6 month break and go "Wtf? Rune 2-handers are only 50k now?" :P

And maybe having posted on the first official forums counts too? (For the record, initially, the game had some small cozy forum place, which then got closed, to be replaced by the current official forums years later)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldschool lol,

i played beta runescape...

i had like 20 - 30 of all the phats and masks, just because my friends where giving them to me and people didnt care about them all that much at first

i pked so much i was RICH like a mad man but my level was still only 55...

(no exp from pk back them)

vyronf3.png

When Andrew mailed updated high-scores to players. (this was like the first few weeks/months).

Please tell me if i remember that wrong or if this already has been posted.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

-When you had to give Jagex your personal details the first couple times loggin in rsc

-When the Delith was a major foe

-When steel nails were hard to find

-When you could go anywhere because there was no members

-When you picked "Miner" as your class

-When people quit the game because they got stuck in the basement of draynor during "Earnest the Chicken"

-When Top floor of Varrock Museum had tons of drop party where stuff was actually dropped

-After people moved their items to RS 2 and had a humongous drop party in Varrock, P-Hat and mills were dropped ( I got 2mil but my RSC name got locked and i didnt know how to take screenies)

Sig

When adam was the best armor and Jagex was coming out with a new armor called... Rune. Also, Pre-wilderness when you could attack anyone anyplace. :twisted:

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

Nothing in Rs2 is old school, i'm laughing at so many of these posts..

-When Fatigue came out, you could sleep in a sleeping bag or beds, when lobster fishing became SO easy, about a lobster every second, then go to the bed and continue fishing.. Made so much money before they nerfed it.

-When you thought worlds 1-13 were all different maps/games so you tried log onto world 1 all the time..

-when you made people with 9hp. =]

untitled.jpg

-when you can still do this, and when quests were listed in the order they were released.. when you missed legends on rsc due to herblaw being so annoying to level!

old.jpg

-you remember when dragon battleaxes looked suprisingly like bronze battleaxes... and much scamming was to be had.

-when you managed, due to leaving rs for a month and not being on at the day, missing ALL the holiday drops.

-buying a red phat for 300k, and then selling it for 400k thinking i was the richest person ever!... should've kept it..

asrhasrh.jpg

When you remember a time without air running.

My old home world was 16 back when I started, and the air altar was so quiet back then...

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

The Play Game button also used to be one ENORMOUS red circle. But I remember that was an update once, but I can't recall anything else. :-s

Oh my god I remember how it was like that when I started playing. It was so cool. :(

Zezima hadn't gotten 99 Slayer.

...When you still think slayer as a new skill. :anxious:

Oh come on you guys are weaksauce.

How about when herblaw and fishing were new skills, and the best piece of armor in the game was the rune medium helm.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

You remember the old designs of the website. I've known them re do it twice now.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."