You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

<.< i get called a pc noob cause i leveled most of my combat (i think i got to 89) EDIT: 81 combat look at pic VVV : in rsc when there wasnt pc or slayer they think that sence i dont have slayer lvls and have a low hp lvl i pced it.

oh and when your lvl 3 can get into the champ guild ( stat wipe instead of ban anyone)

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<.< i get called a pc noob cause i leveled most of my combat (i think i got to 89) in rsc when there wasnt pc they think that sence i dont have slayer lvls and have a low hp lvl i pced it.

oh and when your lvl 3 can get into the champ guild ( stat wipe instead of ban anyone)

I actually saw a level 3 character in the Legends' Guild, around one or two years ago.

td2sig.jpg

there is me in all my rsc glory, rsc.jpg

yes i hated range, yes those are maxed qp, ( yay qp cape in rsc TOO)

and yes i had agility when it didnt really do to much....

and the change in stats... ( sorry its 1:38 am and im going to bed after this so i didnt crop :XD: :ohnoes: ) statcompair.png

woah lol i have had to many pures. and yes i STILL hate wc.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

satdestit1.jpg

I took that picture after i had done legends quest, and it sure was hard with those stats. Also that guy in varroc who changed skirts to legs and legs to skirts also changed rune plates to rune tops. Only womans were able to wear tops, but they were able to use plates too.

When you got a picture of yourself appearing at server status.

serverstatus.jpg

haha classic, but if i was logged on (seeing as how that was after fishing update) i would have had u beat in combat fishing and cooking :) hehe.

nice picture though, truly oldschool.

And if the right people would hav ebeen one of the first ones to log in at that point, I wouldn't be even at the rrest of the skill \'

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

You know your old school when you know for a fact that the amount of people that claim to be old school is about 10 times the amount of real old school players.

You know your old school when you know for a fact that the amount of people that claim to be old school is about 10 times the amount of real old school players.

That's common knowledge, not being old school :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

When you got a picture of yourself appearing at server status.

serverstatus.jpg

haha classic, but if i was logged on (seeing as how that was after fishing update) i would have had u beat in combat fishing and cooking :) hehe.

nice picture though, truly oldschool.

And if the right people would hav ebeen one of the first ones to log in at that point, I wouldn't be even at the rrest of the skill \'

That picture is so old school that I haven't even heard of it! And half the stuff that people are claiming as 'old-school' is very much not! Castle Wars being released? Hah! I'll put this bluntly: if you saw it happen, its not old school. Which is why I don't claim to be anything but a newbie ;)

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I started this thread to kind of see what experiences people have had which made them realise they're old-school, but it's turning into more of a history lesson of RSC lol :|

Anyhow, enjoying the read. :)

If you can remember when you could walk around the world without hearing n00b, ch00b, and h4x0r all day....oh wait... those days never existed #-o

OT: Probably being around when Dragon first came out...(never saw that myself)

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

<.< i get called a pc noob cause i leveled most of my combat (i think i got to 89) in rsc when there wasnt pc they think that sence i dont have slayer lvls and have a low hp lvl i pced it.

I actually saw a level 3 character in the Legends' Guild, around one or two years ago.

That was a bug in the release of construction, the owner of the house let a player in (for example lvl3), then the player went to legends guild, the lvl 3 then asked to the butler if he could be taken to the owner, and the butler took him inside the legends guild.

Yeah, it's something where alot of people lie about :P.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

You're oldschool if you used knife bug to train your pures :|. OR if you visited black hole.

Well this isn't very "oldschool" but at least you started playing in rsc if you got 60 agility on f2p world 8).

Thats not oldschool to use knife bug, thats just lame and cheating.

=D> Even if it's lame and cheating i still think it's pretty oldschool if you played during that time 8).

oxymoron. pures really werent even "invented" when the knife bug was out.

Holy shit. I must be some sort of genius if i'm smart enought to create account for pking :uhh: .

lmfao i loved that post.

i just ment back when the knife bug was around there wasnt a real hype for pures at all.

Yep, you know you're old school when you realise that most people who say they are old school are lying.

Here's an example from the rants forum..

Ive been playing rs for 8 YEARS...

um runescape just celebrated its 5th birthday....

honestly peoples, Runescape was released in 1999 (Runescape Classic). Runescape 2 was released in 2001. Therefore, sure, he could've played for 8 years.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

errrmm, well idk when i started. but it was b4 canafis, before runecrafting (i think), before drag chain. I onl started noticing updates in that little box afew months after i started anyway though #-o

but im fairly old anyway.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

You're oldschool if you used knife bug to train your pures :|. OR if you visited black hole.

Well this isn't very "oldschool" but at least you started playing in rsc if you got 60 agility on f2p world 8).

Thats not oldschool to use knife bug, thats just lame and cheating.

=D> Even if it's lame and cheating i still think it's pretty oldschool if you played during that time 8).

oxymoron. pures really werent even "invented" when the knife bug was out.

Holy shit. I must be some sort of genius if i'm smart enought to create account for pking :uhh: .

uh people had "pures" before wilderness, and the knife bug got "really" exploited like 3-6 months after wilderness was out.

hell, me and mrsquishynut had pures 4/5 months after the game was released. go around killing miners and random people in banks. -_-

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

errrmm, well idk when i started. but it was b4 canafis, before runecrafting (i think), before drag chain. I onl started noticing updates in that little box afew months after i started anyway though #-o

but im fairly old anyway.

runecrafting was released along side rs2 so you probably played rsc if you started before runecrafting

honduras.gif

varrock sewers :x red spiders, moss giants. i remember a friend saying *dude, u cant kill a moss giant with no armor and wepns!* and i was like *yeah i can!*

haha so i went down there, and did it. that made me happy. go in there with my apple pies (cooking guild, when it had a purpose) and pwn a moss giant. if im correct, i didnt have to eat during the fight, just had to after, those red spiders, even tho most ofem were dead (robin hood was always down there) going with no armor u get hit a lil bit back than.

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

You know you're old school:

When you know you changed password and recovery question in the game itsself

When you know about catching (pk wise)

When you remember the hourly messages on holidays

When you know people could play with shemales

When you couldn't move your view up so you couldn't see giants' hitpoints

When you remember the big dupe

When you remember seeing no one beg and having everybody help you (I miss the friendly community of classic :cry: )

When you know what someone means with a "large"

When you know almost every pure was a melee pure with 1 def, 40 att and str as high as possible

When you remember being not able to wear picks and wc axes

When you remember dragon slayer as a very VERY hard quest

When you saw people training combat hardcore at red spiders

All I can think of for now, also I wasn't member so I know nothing about that