TzHaar Killing for Profit

Mu7

Hey, spent around 7 hours game time give or take and managed to get enough maul, shield and cape drops to give me 260k for the onyx. That seems to be the average for what everyone is saying and it held true for me as well, no lies in this thread.

If you have a fast method of killing Kets I would suggest just killing those and ignoring the rest. I happen to have one which involves prayer switching (turning prayer on right before it hits and off again a split second later). It really saves a lot of prayer and with 63 prayer I had 23 points left by the time I got all my drops.

If you are getting a fast rate of kill then I would suggest just keeping your cape drops since they sell for the most there, but I do see how selling for mauls would in the end run net you more of a tokkul gain. Honestly I can't disagree with anything in this thread as it worked for me like a magic charm, even though you may walk out hours later hating that place.

On a lucky streak my drop rates where technically earning me more then crafting natures per hour, and on a slow unlucky rate the average still kept me on par of above crafting nats for cash.

Nice guide mate, I'm all with you.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

I just spent over three hours fighting nothing but TzHaar-Ket and I got a total of:

5- saphires

1- Ruby

2- Emeralds

5169- tokkuls ( now some of them from the other a day and i sold some rings i got then also)

I killed over 120 Ket's ( I was Traing def and keeping track)

unforunately some of the gems came from randoms :( . Is there a Better world for drops is there a better location i was over by the gem merchant I smacked my ring of wealth on the wall a couple of times i think its broke. But i am getting tired of reading about 3 and 4 drops an hour then i spend 3 and 4 hours and not see a darn one you can't tell me i'm the one doing something wrong are you sure your not padding your results just a little?

Has anybody recreated the drop precentage claimed by the original poster?

Like i said i Dragon Hally'd them on fiend for 4 hours and got nothing.

Why do posters have to make stuff up like that whats the reasonin can some on tell me and if you can prove it im in the game and i'll come watch ok

Just a rant about padded drops :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

Nothing like a trail of blood

To find your way back to the bank

So, let me get this straight.

You kill the TzHaar for Tokkul and Obsidian items. You sell any Capes, Shields, Rings, Knives, etc. you get for real gp. Then you buy mauls with the gp you earned. You then sell the mauls for Tokkul and buy an Onyx with the Tokkul, which you trade for a Fury. Sounds great!!!

I'm level 87 without Guthan's. Can I survive down there?

kingtut3.png

Can I safespot Ket's with 1 defence/44 prayer??

If i get hit i'll just turn on prayer. Do the Ket's have good range defence??Will I hit constant with mage short/ iron arrows and 75 range?? Or should I bring C'bow and bronze-mith bolts. I'll bring a couple of p-pots.

I would like to maximize my profits so the iron arrows will probably b my choice. Some pics of the safespots owuld be extremely helpful. As well as a link to getting karamja gloves. Do you need defence for the gloves??

I'm trying to stay 1 defence btw... Sorry for so many questions but he, wut'd you expect?? 7/10 for this guide. Just needs some add-ons.

n0va_eagle_0.png

Hmm, might be coincidence, but I saw the exact same "What to ware" armour chart on the How to get Tokkul guide...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

It's very nice guild but picture are ownage :)

Have you heard of the rune ore for tokul thing?

Maybe post that on here too

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Very nice guide.

I'd rate 7/10, but that only cause I like pics. With pics, 10/10, and with record of drops, 11/10! :anxious:

I got so exited about trying this, that I sold about 250k worth of stuff to get a rune halberd (I'm level 72 :( ) So far, no drops, but LOTS of money! :D I recon that if this had some pics, it could make it to AOW :!:

elliot33333.png

to help me out, could you please click the link below?

http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114315353

If you have a fast method of killing Kets I would suggest just killing those and ignoring the rest. I happen to have one which involves prayer switching (turning prayer on right before it hits and off again a split second later). It really saves a lot of prayer and with 63 prayer I had 23 points left by the time I got all my drops.

That doesn't work any more, Jagex changed it so it'll drain prayer now anyway.

OT: Very nice guide. Well written, original topic and -best of all- useful.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

It's very nice guild but picture are ownage :)

Have you heard of the rune ore for tokul thing?

Maybe post that on here too

What is the "rune ore for tokul thing"?

Selling rune ore to the shop for tukkul.

But anyways, its not a good idea. You only get like 100 for a 10k ore...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 3 weeks later...

That doesn't work any more, Jagex changed it so it'll drain prayer now anyway.

OT: Very nice guide. Well written, original topic and -best of all- useful.

It still works ... works like a charm to be exact. Just filmed this not that long ago.

st+tyrael.png

Does the selling price only increase with the gloves? I have no gloves at the moment and capes sell for only 9k tokkul (didn't sell them to the store, I'm not stupid); the author of the other thread about how to earn tokkul said something like they shouldn't affect the price.

RSN: Manaleak

With the gloves on, the selling price will lower and the buying price will raise. This only works at the weapon/armor shop and the gem shop though and not the rune shop. The selling price for runes will always be the same (from what I remember).

While wearing the Karamja gloves, an onyx will cost you 260k tokkul instead of the normal 300k. If you sell an obsidian cape with the gloves on, you will get slightly over 20k tokkul.

st+tyrael.png

• 2 months later...

The drop rate described in this guide seems to be purely luck, as I have been here over a week, and only got two capes... The drop rate seemse to be pathetic for me. Might as well go for a visage....

Okay, well, a visage may be a bit to uncommon... But dragon legs then.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

About the part of mage/range...

Magic is actually very good down there.

You need 70 magic + Ancients unlocked + lots of ice burst runes. Go there and attack a couple of tzhaars and make them crowd next to you. Then ancient them down with ice burst.

If you still didn't get why do this : You kill multiple tzhaars simultaneously = More drops in same time with which you can pay for the runes. Result : Excellent rate of magic and hitpoints experience and make profit out with it (unless you're very unlucky)

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]