What should I do?? PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crushpker

Hi, I am currently fighting a fierce battle with one stinking hacker.

I have a high-level account and high-level accounts usually attract a lot of attention. So on Tuesday, 7th August 2007, my account was hacked. I had been hacked many times, so I knew all I have to do is to send a password recovery to Jagex and the problem will be solved. Yep, it was done and I recovered my account, realising that my bank PIN has been changed and I can no longer access to my bank. Now the problem is on Wednesday, the password as well as my recoveries were chaged again, and I sent in another successful recovery. Upon once recovering my account again, I realised I should scan my computer for viruses. Silly me, I could have done that sooner, I thought. So I scanned, and found an Adware, which as I was informed would not steal passwords and is merely irritating. I deleted the virus, thinking that the trouble would end. Little did I know that my password and recoveries were changed again today.

I was scared, so I used Symantec Ghost 8.3 to reformat and restore my computer, which should have cleaned out all the viruses. But the hacker got my account again.

Now here are the questions which puzzle me:

1. How on earth did the hacker change my bank PIN so fast on Tuesday? I logged in on Monday, used the bank, and if the hacker did change my cancel and change my PIN before Monday, by using the bank I would have stopped the cancellation of my PIN eh?

2. How on earth did the hacker obtain my password? Keylogger? But I don't remember receiving any suspicious files. Are there any other ways of getting a keylogger? I don't remember pressing any suspicious links too.

3. Does the hacker know my recovery information? Like past passwords? He technically should know if he sent me a keylogger or a trojan, right?

Please, I need my questions answered. And fell free to give me any other advices! I am tired of playing this game with the hacker. No matter how many times I recovered my aco[bleep], he will get it back again.

1. Using your bank doesn't stop cancellation of PIN. Maybe you typed it somewhere?

2. You don't always know if you're receiving suspicious files. They can secretly get on your computer just by going to sites

3. If you had a keylogger he would know

My advice is try changing everything one last time now that you cleared your computer

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

i recommend that you change your recovery questions and write them down somewhere.. save them in your phone or pda or somewhere unrelated to the computer you use to play runescape. and please do not name it as runescape password or something like that.

and try to look at the details of your last login every time you start playing. if its different than what you normally see, send it to jagex or something.

To Italian:No no no no...you dont understand. I can aways change my recoveries qns, but I suspect the hacker knows my recovery info, like membership transaction ID and past passwords. What should I do in this case? the hacker can get my acc using those info any time.

To Italian:No no no no...you dont understand. I can aways change my recoveries qns, but I suspect the hacker knows my recovery info, like membership transaction ID and past passwords. What should I do in this case? the hacker can get my acc using those info any time.

Under "account recovery", select recover a lost password. On the next screen, enter your RS name and select, "someone else knows my recovery questions". On the next screen, enter all of the information requested.

If things go well, you will get a note from Jagex saying that the password has been changed to the one you picked. The "hacker" will no longer be able to just change it back. Immediately after you get the letter from Jagex, set all new recovery questions.

Perhaps you should do all of the steps mentioned above from a computer other than your own.

As for your pin, I don't know what will happen with that.

The situation you described happened to my son and the above steps are what we did to resolve the situation. The "hacker" hadn't set a pin on his bank so I don't know what Jagex will do to resolve that in your case.

One last thing.. I watched my son log in one day and saw the hacker's ip address. When I helped my son do the password recovery, I mentioned this ip address in the "additional information" box. I also payed for a membership for his account at one point and I mentioned the email address I used when signing him up for that.

viral_wulf.png