I'M TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT! WANNA HELP??

Joes_So_Cool

Liposuction fatty?

Haha just kiddin.

Excersises: Push-ups

Sit-ups

Jumping jacks

Jog about 1-5 miles every OTHER day

If you have a treadmill go on that

If you have a BowFlex use that :)

Play BasketBall, BaseBall, FootBall, etc.

Food: Salad with the healthiest sauce you can get (Put in some tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, or fruit in it too)

Water

Orange juice

Apple juice

Gatorade (Only if you work out really hard)

Do this for a while and you'll be in shape :).

I used to be a little plump once, now I'm thinner, but not exactly Mr Muscle. I just tried to get out more and avoided fatty foods. Worked for me, I got gradually thinner.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Whats up dude?!

Ok first things first.

Its not proven, but they say eating late is bad for you, i go off the assumption that eating and than going to sleep shortly after is bad for you. Or eating (somthing bad for you) and not doing anything physical after to work a lil bit of it off, is bad for you.

If you go for runs, make sure they are runs, or fast walks, or what id suggest a jog. And for it to actually work you have to maintain a faster pace than your normal walking speed for over 45 minutes before you start to actually burn calories. (In other words, this is kind of workout is called Cardio)

DONT drink soda, drink water, water water water, maybe some milk here and there, juices, but no soda or sugar filled calorie filled beverages.

Watch what *extras* you put on stuff, like mayonayse on a sandwhich. and remember just because somthing is fat free or whatever, doesnt mean it didnt supplement that *fat free* portion with other garbage (Like diet sodas. they are just as bad as regular sodas)

if you are a *big* dude, than check this out.

Wanna build that bulk into muscle? Get some weights or whatever, and go by this.

More weight, less reps= makes you bigger

Lighter weight, more reps = Tones your body

So if your a big guy, id get some weights, do less weight more reps, turn that big guy stuff into muscle and tone it up. im a big guy, its what i do and it is showing results. (I just need to do it regularly!)

And also, if you got a floppy uperbody, do pushups. check this out bro.

I couldnt do a pushup, i started out with Bit*h pushups, (like, on ur knees doing them, instead of on your toes). a few weeks later and im doing sets of 10. so do some pushups REGULARLY! as in every morning, try to do 3 sets of 10, and in a month or two, sets of 20. gradualy scale up the ammount you do and maybe even the sets.

id also suggest situps, do the same ammount as pushups.

and depending on what you wanted to work on on your uperbody, is depending on what type of pushup you should do. Dropping your arms sideways will work on diffrent areas as opposed to dropping inward. do some of each, why not?

Once you can do regular pushups (or if you already can) you should move on to verticles, throw your feet on somthing to elevate you, and than do them.

Thats all for now, hopefully this will help inspire you and give you a good start :) Goodluck dude! Its easy and since your still young you can do it sooooo damn easy.

I read that post and when it came to the

part, I therefore decide the rest of it is total dribble because that is the most ignorant thing people can say about weightlifting. Muscles are visible because you have mass, you CANNOT shape your muscles, a.k.a tone your muscles, the shape of it is determined by genetics, youll have th same shaped muscle whether you're skinny or huge, just the mass of it changes.

Anyway, do cardio, burn more calories than you take in, and I'm guessing you don't have much muscle to conserve, so don't worry too much about protein intake, just reduce the amount of carbs you eat a day.

Do heavy-[wagon] weights, if you want to be buff, not skinny, search on bodybuilding.com for good workouts.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Whats up dude?!

Ok first things first.

Its not proven, but they say eating late is bad for you, i go off the assumption that eating and than going to sleep shortly after is bad for you. Or eating (somthing bad for you) and not doing anything physical after to work a lil bit of it off, is bad for you.

If you go for runs, make sure they are runs, or fast walks, or what id suggest a jog. And for it to actually work you have to maintain a faster pace than your normal walking speed for over 45 minutes before you start to actually burn calories. (In other words, this is kind of workout is called Cardio)

DONT drink soda, drink water, water water water, maybe some milk here and there, juices, but no soda or sugar filled calorie filled beverages.

Watch what *extras* you put on stuff, like mayonayse on a sandwhich. and remember just because somthing is fat free or whatever, doesnt mean it didnt supplement that *fat free* portion with other garbage (Like diet sodas. they are just as bad as regular sodas)

if you are a *big* dude, than check this out.

Wanna build that bulk into muscle? Get some weights or whatever, and go by this.

So if your a big guy, id get some weights, do less weight more reps, turn that big guy stuff into muscle and tone it up. im a big guy, its what i do and it is showing results. (I just need to do it regularly!)

And also, if you got a floppy uperbody, do pushups. check this out bro.

I couldnt do a pushup, i started out with Bit*h pushups, (like, on ur knees doing them, instead of on your toes). a few weeks later and im doing sets of 10. so do some pushups REGULARLY! as in every morning, try to do 3 sets of 10, and in a month or two, sets of 20. gradualy scale up the ammount you do and maybe even the sets.

id also suggest situps, do the same ammount as pushups.

and depending on what you wanted to work on on your uperbody, is depending on what type of pushup you should do. Dropping your arms sideways will work on diffrent areas as opposed to dropping inward. do some of each, why not?

Once you can do regular pushups (or if you already can) you should move on to verticles, throw your feet on somthing to elevate you, and than do them.

Thats all for now, hopefully this will help inspire you and give you a good start :) Goodluck dude! Its easy and since your still young you can do it sooooo damn easy.

Surprisignly this post has a lot of accurate information. :) Except

Wanna build that bulk into muscle?

Well you can't exactly do that.. But you can burn fat while building muscle mass. Just don't believe ridiculous fairytales about "turning fat into muscle".

You want to get rid of your "man boobs"? So I'll start from the assumption you don't really want to bodybuild or anything, yet. Your options are liposection (don't.. Go for this option.. Unless it's a last resort and you tried everything and your genes are unfit for losing weight which is very unlikely)

The other is losing general weight. Contrary to what you might believe it's not possible to use one of those 'weight losing belts' and lose weight only in a certain area of your body. You can't have 1 sagging hand and the other with a rock hard bicep.

I wrote so many detailed diets and programs on so many forums.. It's pretty much a waste. You don't need to read through 500, 100, 10, heck even 5 pages of text on "how to lose weight". You must consume more energy in a day than what you take in.

Try this web based calculator: http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/calories.shtml

As your goal is only losing weight, that calculator can be extremely useful for you. Keep in mind your base calorie consumption per day (even if you don't do anything, merely sleeping and existing) is pretty high, it's directly proportional to your weight.

1 pound of fat= 3500 calories. Your daily required healthy food intake (you said you weight 175 pounds): About 2465 calories.

So if you wanted to take off just 1 pound of weight every week (without even excercising), you'd need to eat 500 less calories per day. For example a 20 ounce coke bottle has 500 calories.

Walking for 2 to 3 miles will also burn about 200-300 calories. If you started dropping off that 1 bottle of coke and running/walking a few miles daily, you'd lose 1 to 2 pounds of weight per week.

The more general weight you'll lose (you'll still be healthy without those 500 calories you'd ingest otherwise), the less you will notice your 'man boobs', and they will eventually disappear.

Keep in mind though, at your age a male person's testosterone and estrogen levels are not in balance yet. You could even be otherwise pretty slim but still have "man boobs". There's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent that from happening even if you have a healthy diet. They will disappear most often by age 16-20 completely.

http://www.tesh.com/ittrium/visit?path= ... x2425x1x9b

love that sight, usaly has helpfull tips... and usaly crunches and that exersize dosnt help, but gains more waight(mustles) try fats like unsaturated(olive oil) not saturated, im not going to define them for you. and walk around the block a few times(30 mins of excersize a day)!

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

Well, I'm almost 16 now, and I've weighted the same for almost 5 years now (yes, that means I've gotten much thinner by now).

Just some quick tips that help a lot:

Drop Coke. This type of beverage in general.

Drop white bread and cookies.

Drink more water, and more fruit juice (of the real one, not the "add water, mix and serve" powder type).

It helps to eat less with each food, and more often. If you are doing this, try to avoid eating junk food between foods. Fruits and vegetables are fine.

Eat a bit more salad.

Avoid read meats, eat more chicken and fish instead. (it's not that fish helps when losing weight, but it gives the same proteins with less fat)

If you get to go to the gym, don't be scared if you gain some weight instead of losing it, muscle is heavier than fat.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

http://www.tesh.com/ittrium/visit?path=A1x97x1y1xa5x1x76y1x2425x1x9b

love that sight, usaly has helpfull tips... and usaly crunches and that exersize dosnt help, but gains more waight(mustles) try fats like unsaturated(olive oil) not saturated, im not going to define them for you. and walk around the block a few times(30 mins of excersize a day)!

Uhh, crunches burn fat and add muscle, but they do more of the former. Basically, eat salads, and healthy foods. Healthy meaning low fat, no soda, whole wheat, no preservatives, etc. Oh, and no seconds. Just try to eat 3 times a day, with smaller proportions that you're used to. As for exercises, crunches and jogging are the best you can do. You're welcome. Good luck. :)
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Hey! I am almost exacltly the same height and weight!!! (5'8 and 173 lbs) and I am going into my freshman year and have man boobs and a bit of a pot belly too!!! Over the summer I have lost a few lbs and eaten very healthily but I am also looking for some help like good foods and exercieses to loose a few more lbs (5-10) over the course of a few months. Here are some things that have helped me so far:

-South beach diet wraps---lots of fiber to keep u filled and a good taste too.

-Gum---when you are feeling like eating but not really hungry, chew gum!

-Jogging or biking---good workout and fun when you get used to it.

-Curlups---not the most enjoyable fun in the world but helps to get better muscles under your belly fat and muscles burn fat (i think)

I too need suggestions, also- given my height (5'8) and weight (173 lbs), I would like to loose belly fat and 5 or 10 lbs

My Music Is My Life

I love all of you

Hurt by the cold

So hard and lonely too

When you don't know yourself

Thank you but i'm not looking for a six pack, basically looking to loose my man boobs. Any ideas on how to do that?

cut 'em off :shock: . But no, really: Tai Bo. seriously. It is awesome. Or Billy's Bootcamp, which is the guy who does tai Bo, noly doing other types of excercise.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

im glad you feel ready to lose wait...its really shameful when people need to lose wait and then have the "meh; ill do it later" attitude.

my suggestion is to eat really low fat foods (such as oatmeal)

and 6 days a week do an hour worth of squat runs (ill explain what they are in a sec)

first you wanna build up your exercise, don't start out going hours at a time. week 1 you may only have to do about 15min, but by week 4 you shuold be up to about an hour. If you don't keep that in mind you'll end up doing more damage then aid to your body.

now onto my explanation -

squat run - jog in place, count to 15, once on 15 squat, thrust your legs back, then do a puch up. then jump back in to a squat, stand up and keep runnnig in place. its rough but, its real good for your overall body (except maybe your knees)

of course, diong that really hard for just a few minutes can be exahausting, so during the first week or so, take it easy

and remember to stretch for atleast 10min before you exercise

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Who neeeds water??

Drop white bread and cookies.

Whole weat helps

Drink more water, and more fruit juice (of the real one, not the "add water, mix and serve" powder type).

Thought u said some thing about beverages?

It helps to eat less with each food, and less often. If you are doing this, try to avoid eating junk food between foods. Fruits and vegetables are fine.

Bolemic, anerexic, can u help me with the spelling, those relly help you looooose waight

Eat a bit more salad.

I finaly agree

Avoid read meats, eat more chicken and fish instead. (it's not that fish helps when losing weight, but it gives the same proteins with less fat)

Paultry skins are bad fattyniss

If you get to go to the gym, don't be scared if you gain some weight instead of losing it, muscle is heavier than fat.

I like~ your thinking...

My pure's stats:

want to know how i lost 20 pounds safly in 15 days? read on...

start a food eating plan. stay away fom pop or sugar drinks.. i drink 100 percent juice or water with alittle lime squeezed in it.

also.. eat 4-6 small portion meals instead or 3 large so it gives your stomach time to digest the food .

make a "contract" with someone you trust saying you will give 20 dollars if you give up

develop good exercise habits. do 10 jumping jacks, crunches/situps, and push ups every morninign b4 and after school and b4 bed. so 30 a day.

go to a local gym and work out 20 mins a day 3 times a week.. or get bowflex which really works.

hoped i helped

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Eat local foods, they are usaly better for you, unless... they are all GMOs, also run up and down stairs and less computer@@@ honestly i bike 6 miles a day+, 30 miles a week+, and 240 miles just 2 and from work this summer alone.

Excersize dosnt have to be that way1(40 hours in all this summer, just biking alone)...DONT KILL YOUR SELF...

My pure's stats:

your diet is the biggest thing you have to worry about. If you work out like a mad man and don't have a good diet it won't help you very much.

first of all remove all fast foods, sugary candies and pop from your diet, those are what usually cause people to gain weight. Salads aren't the only thing you have to eat and you don't have to starve your self.

Do a bit of research and try out diffrent foods, you can have junk food once or twice a month but more than that and it can put on a lot of pounds.

-edit and FYI 3500 calories make up 1 pound sounds like a lot but just cutting out 200 calories ( about 1.5 choco bars) a day can help you lose about 1.7 punds a month.

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

Just stay away from products that have trans fat in them and do some sit ups. Might want to start going by what the FDA recomends too.

Don't do anything the FDA recommends. They're not there to help you. I'm pretty sure they recommend drinking like 4 glasses of milk everyday, and milk is full of growth hormones they give to cows to make them fat. But anyways...

Use being overweight to your advantage. Start lifting weights. Fat converts to muscle, and people who are fat and then work out can get absolutely ripped really fast. Go all-out and get a gym membership if you have to, just make sure you use it.

Stay away from soda. Never drink it again. Avoid processed/prepackaged foods.

Don't starve yourself. It's the worst thing you can do.

Never eat after 6 PM.

Etc etc.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Just stay away from products that have trans fat in them and do some sit ups. Might want to start going by what the FDA recomends too.

Don't do anything the FDA recommends. They're not there to help you. I'm pretty sure they recommend drinking like 4 glasses of milk everyday, and milk is full of growth hormones they give to cows to make them fat. But anyways...

Use being overweight to your advantage. Start lifting weights. Fat converts to muscle, and people who are fat and then work out can get absolutely ripped really fast. Go all-out and get a gym membership if you have to, just make sure you use it.

Never eat after 6 PM.

Etc etc.

I mean start reading the nutrition labels on the back where it has all those percantages...and i thought he wanted to lose weight, not become super-ripped?

Never eat after 6 PM.

Etc etc.

I mean start reading the nutrition labels on the back where it has all those percantages...and i thought he wanted to lose weight, not become super-ripped?

If you want to lose fat and gain nothing, you're quite the "special" person. It recommended he lift weights because he'll lose fat much faster, and he'll get the benefits of muscles. So, why not?

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

:D Ello!

I can suggest a thing or 2. :mrgreen:

Only eat when you're hungry.

When you're hungry, only eat enough so that you're not hungry anymore. Eat healthy! No white bread - I wouldn't suggest any bread at all actually, Fruits good(Wouldn't suggest bananas.) and vegetables are great too (Wouldn't suggest potatos) . NEVER eat until you feel sick, Duh. o.O; What you need to do is shrink your stomach.. so you wont need to eat as much to feel full. If you eat less, your body'll get used to it. Don't drink any soft drink or alchoholic drinks. Water and Milk are best. Don't drink to much milk though. And don't add things to it. Hmm what else.. >.> ah yes. Someone suggested eating chicken? :-s .. You wanna lose the man-boobs - don't eat chicken!

Eating while watching T.V or being on the computer at the same time is a bad thing to do if you're having weight issues. It can become a habit - a normal thing to do, whenever you're watching t.v or on the computer you're naturally gonna wanna be eating something :uhh: . Try and eat at the table. Good luck! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Life sucks, then you die.