Forum Info

MageUK

Hello and welcome to this forum!

This forum is where tools will be posted to attempt to clean a system infected with a keylogger. Every time a keylogger is posted on Tip.It Forums, I will attempt to post tools here to remove that specific keylogger, along with instructions on how to use them, so anyone who downloaded the file, and is worried about infection can remove the keylogger.

You will also noticed a stickied topic called "Check a topic", where you can post links to topics that you suspect may contain keyloggers, please read the main post within that sticky for some rules.

I will also accept submissions of keyloggers via e-mail if you're worried about something that wasn't obtained on Tip.It, I will check it out. However there are a few rules on this :

1) I will NOT check out any e-mail received unless there is an accompanying Private Message from your TIF Username on this forum, stating your E-Mail and the name of the file you sent me. This is to help prevent people trying to spread viruses and for other reasons.

2) All messages that are not accompanied by a PM within 24 hours of sending, will be deleted from the inbox.

That is all, and now the key of how things will look on the forum.

New topics will be created for every (suspect) keylogger found. The topics will be named like this :

[LOCATION] filename

So, if I've checked a ZIP file on the forum called "dogs", then it will be named like this. :

[FORUM] dogs.zip

Inside the topic, will be results of whether or not it is a keylogger, and if is, instructions on how to remove it.

The other keys are as follows :

[iRC] filename

[sUBMIT] filename

IRC is for files posted on the IRC server that Tip.It runs, and SUBMIT is for submissions of files received via E-Mail.

Users in this forum are allowed to reply to topics, but not create new ones, when you are viewing a topic, do not download anything stating it's a tool or similar unless posted by myself, as this could be another attempt to infect your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER : The tools that will be posted on this forum will modify the registry and in most cases also delete folders/files to clean the system. While these tools have been fully tested, messing with the registry and file system can be dangerous, and hence Tip.It nor I accept any responsibility should anything happen to your system after running the tools included here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to post your comments about this here, but bear in mind this topic will be locked if spammed.

This new subforum sounds awesome, many thanks to whoever thought of this idea and gave feedback. :thumbsup:

By the way I started posting daily "security tips" in my signature yesterday. I'll try to keep it up as long as I have a good flow of fresh tips. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .