Won't Let Me Delete Trojan Horse.

gahh

Ok, I know I have a Trojan but my antivirus won't let me delete it. (AVG Free edition.) It says access denied when I click heal or move to vault. I found the file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and the file is xnaxiq70.sys. I can't delete it from there because it says the file is in use and to close all programs before I can delete. I can't copy or move it anywhere either. How do I get rid of the virus? Help Please.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

I had a trojann also stored on system32

What I suggest you do, and this worked for me, So I very very highly Recommend it

Download Smitfraudfix

Start your computer in safe mode, I think you press F5 and chose safe mode

Log in, The open up smitfraudfix, use these instructions http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

Heres some instructions, If it dosent work You can come over to my house and kill me

If you have a trojan or virus that your scanner can't remove, it's usually because it's running. I recommend shutting down and restarting in safemode. Your virus scanner won't be running by default but all you need is to start it up and do a scan. It should do the rest.

If this fails you should attempt to manually remove the file in safe mode. Make sure that the file you are deleting is definately the infected file. Editing or deleting any files in the system32 folder could cause your computer to stop working all together.

Again if you can't remove it manually or with the virus scanner you should do a Google search on the particular name of the virus. Most websites like symantec offer free downloadable tools for removing specific virus'.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.