Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

Definitely the Scimitar.

It attacks every 2.5 seconds while the Longsword attacks every 3 seconds.

With all that comparable strength and slash bonuses, it does gives a marginal amount of xp more than the longsword, but that marginal amount adds up over time.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

scimmy better nuff said

Make a good post, please. This is the debate club, not the idiot club. You're supposed to actually debate, not just state your opinion.

Anyways, IMO, scimmy is better. You only lose one hit, and make up for it with three hits to every four (or something of the sort). So it's possible to hit far more with a scimmy. Even the special doesn't make up for that, because you can't do it often enough, although the scimmy's special really sucks. The only place where a long would be better would be fighting a monster with weak stab defence, like the giant mole.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

It's quite close this one, if you have your dagger in your inventory, the dragon scimitar pulls through for there. But the longsword is easy to get, and worth it, its slightly more powerful and has a half decent special attack. Both are as good as each other, I'm going to have to go with the Scimitar for a few reasons:

-Speed is essential.

-Hits around the same range as the dragon longsword.

-Almost everyone has the dragon dagger, for lost city is alot easier than Monkey Madness.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

long sword

the scimitars +1 speed doesnt really give it the edge over the stronger dragon long

the special for the longsword is helpful but the scimitar's special is so-so

plus because of the new knight waves training ground, the dragon long's slash and stab is a better choice to use

I believe not. The scimitar crushes the longsword in terms of fighting ability without the special, but the longsword is superior ONLY WITH the special. In terms of versatility, the longsword owns, but the slash style combined with good stats should be able to defeat most monsters easily, except for those creatures whose defence against slashing is exceptionally high, i.e. dragons.

Personally, I wouldn't use a Dragon Longsword for a Special. I'd use a Dragon Dagger (poisoned would be better)! Use up the whole bar, and your poor opponent is dealt 8 quick stabs with increased attack and strength in his/her/its abdomen.

As I have already said earlier, the scimitar attacks every 2.5 seconds while the longsword attacks every 3, thus resulting in 6 strokes with the scimitar in the space of 15 seconds while the longsword can only manage 5. The disadvantage in stats that the scimitar possesses is offset by its speed.

Of course, as I am F2P, I cannot truly say how the Dragon Scimitar compares against the Dragon Longsword. All I can say is that in my own experience, the Rune Scimitar completely owns the Rune Longsword. It gains a slightly greater amount than the Longsword, that soon adds up to great figures.

Unless you like to take a random slash with a 2-h sword, of course... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

Speed isn't everything. If it is then Dragon Dagger must be the best weapon in the game no arguments or everything thats what your saying to me. But seriously it depends on what you're doing on exp rates I'm afraid D scimmy is the winner. In terms of PvP, bosses, Special, accuracy and Styles of attack the D long is the winner.

I thought I already had said this on this topic, weird, anyway:

If you care about the spec, you will use a baxe or a dragon dagger, so which spec those two weapons have is irrelevant.

The +5 str on the long adds only +1 to max hit, which doesn't even mean that you will hit +1, just that you have the possibility of hitting +1

The scimmy is much better 'nuff said

2480+ total

I will take a longsword over a scimitar any day. The only reason I use either one is the controlled fighting style, and longsword is far better for it. Otherwise, I am a battleaxe guy, myself.
same over here but it would be awesome with a dragon warhammer (best weapon ever)

Thankyou! warhammers are awesome!!! oh but um i'd say use both have d scim in ur invintory while use d long specs then switch to the scim which is faster

Zeinias.png

That pic is soo me lol!

Zeinias.png

Zeinias.png

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Scimitar ftw, but that's only because I used to only use simmies. :thumbsup:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

the dragon scimmy has a not as good spec but is overall better

d long only has a semi-useful spec

nuff said

Semi-useful? Yeah right, if you ever watched 3 Hit U pk, He used a d long and was hitting 40's I think you should rethink that. Even though people don't bring a D long into the wilderness doesn't mean it is a bad weapon.

I will take a longsword over a scimitar any day. The only reason I use either one is the controlled fighting style, and longsword is far better for it. Otherwise, I am a battleaxe guy, myself.
same over here but it would be awesome with a dragon warhammer (best weapon ever)

Thankyou! warhammers are awesome!!! oh but um i'd say use both have d scim in ur invintory while use d long specs then switch to the scim which is faster

War hammers are extremely slow. They are also powerful but not that accurate, much like your spelling.

The longer attack speed from longsword is not worth its rather insignificant differences from the scimitar. Players who have high enough attack to hit accurately enough would go for speed. The +5 str bonus is not useful as well, probably allow the longsword to hit 1-2 damage higher than scimmy.

Assuming scimmy hits 5 times in the time longsword took for 4. The extra 1-2 damage sacrifice for 1 hit can't make up for it.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Why does skimmy own?

D long has a few more str bonus(max hit can ONLY be 1-2 more because of this) and slight accuracy(its too low to be notable) and attacks every 3 seconds

D skimmy can hit 1 less, slightly less accurate, but attacs every 2.5 seconds.

To compare, I don't think you shoud ONLY compare the first hit. Comparing first hit, yeah D long will probably win. I'll compare a actual "battle"

Ill write down the time when it hits.

3|6|9|12|15|18|21|24|27|30

2.5|5|7.5|10|12.5|15|17.5|20|22.5|25||27||30

D skim gets 2 more hits. Considering they all hit, D skimmy would hit much more, even though each of D longs hit's hit more.

Considering stats, we will say d long hits 21, D skimmy 20.

d long damage=210

D Skimmy=240

Besides doing more damage, thee dsamage is delt faster. Considering food, a fight is much longer, allowing its speed to do more and more damage.

Specials:

You don't have infinate specials, D long there is 4. 4 GOOD hits. D skimmy takes away prayer, D long wins of the specials, but D skimmy has better damage per second.

Owned_Nex.png

Well, usually when your training you have a DDS with you, so you would use its special and not D long's.

Plus, overall, scim is better.

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

It is the weapon's ability to deal CONSTANT and GOOD damage over time that proves it to be an effective implement.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Man, I agree with this! All members and F2Pers should think like this!

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Pantim, the scimitar IS dagger speed! And it attacks near longsword power. I say it ROCKS!

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

The abyssal whip hits harder than the longsword, has the speed of BOTH the scimitar and the dagger, and looks like a string of sausages. How fashionable when you whack the Moss Giant in front of you. Only bad thing is that it costs millions.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

NO. I CHOOSE THE DRAGON SCIMITAR. (OR THE ABYSSAL WHIP.)

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

War hammers are extremely slow. They are also powerful but not that accurate, much like your spelling.

LOL. Dragon warhammers haven't been released yet!

Zeinias, please improve your -bleep- spelling!

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

Hmm well I would have to say scimitar because It kinda shows how experienced you are. [because you've completed MM]

But if I had a dragon scimmy and long I would probably use the long for specs because it is powerful and there are 4 specs. Dragon Scimmy's special attack is mostly useless. Infact, I swear I hit worse with it than without using the spec.. :|

yay someone agrees with me... lol

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

Owned_Nex.png

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

Owned_Nex.png

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

D mace - Hit a 40+ or miss, eh? Then explain how after 4 specials, WITH piety, I hit a grand total of 3 :oops:

Back on topic, I combat-wise prefer the Dragon Scimitar simply because of speed, yet my heart lies with the Longsword *RSC Product*

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.