Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[FORUM] shockwave2_0_1.exe

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,909 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Seaoh
  • RSN2:Haseo_8492ed
  • Clan:None
Yeah i opened the file... i dont know what i was thinking. Now i paying the price with over 2mill in items lost, hopefully with theses instructions i can get rid of the keylogger.

15945_s.gif
Signature made by the awesome Stevepole!

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Bac_Talan
[ Display Name History ]

Bac_Talan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • RSN:Bac Talan
After something like that, I would just go to an uninfected computer and change my password..and not use the potentially infected computer until it was confirmed whether or not the file was a keylogger. Highly recommended advice by the way... :wink:

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I hate my generation.

hippomchippo
[ Display Name History ]

hippomchippo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

sorry guys, i got the keylogger. i have already contacted mods and sent apologies to all people he sent the video to.

Never sent me an apology =p
SKIMMYSTROWN AND BETTER THAN YOU.
http://forum.tip.it/...ic.php?t=703695

Assassin1357
[ Display Name History ]

Assassin1357

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
i have

update[Caution: Executable File].manifest and

update[Caution: Executable File].ref

are either of those part of the keylogger? if not then i should be safe
Posted Image

Returned3
[ Display Name History ]

Returned3

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Legend of R3
  • RSN2:R3 Trilogy
Dammit Assasin1357, it was you who sent the freakin email, i hope lifeless people like you would burn in heck.

Btw ive downloaded anti-virus and removed the keylogger, do i still need to do those following procedures?
00:00:05
00:00:04
00:00:03
00:00:02
00:00:01
00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1

Dammit Assasin1357, it was you who sent the freakin email, i hope lifeless people like you would burn in heck.

Btw ive downloaded anti-virus and removed the keylogger, do i still need to do those following procedures?

Can't you even read? He already apologized.

Ot: haven't got the pm yet O:)

MageUK
[ Display Name History ]

MageUK

Behind You

• Administrators
  • 2,369 posts
  • RSN:Pure_MageUK

Assassin got keylogged and the guy who originally sent the keylogger around used his account to forward more links. The actual account owner of Assassin1357 did nothing wrong.

blosssom2581
[ Display Name History ]

blosssom2581

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 257 posts
Seems that hackers are constantly monitoring this forum

A safe tip: This update concerns a Shockwave plugin of a browser with a hidden keylogger, similar to soldiers camouflaged and hidden within the Trojan Horse .

So, next time, when you need a update of a software, GO TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITES to download the CLEAN versions of them :lol: . Don't download them directly from the giving link as it may be a modified version. Make sure than woeful hackers DON'T PAY

That pathetic guy should be banned. :shame:
Currently taking a break from Runescape

yaff2
[ Display Name History ]

yaff2

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • RSN:yaff2
  • Clan:N/A

he said he was a victim in this! he got logged, and then someone came on his acc, and then gave it to others, pay attention, and be nicer.
Posted Image
Posted Image
1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,909 posts
  • RSN:Seaoh
  • RSN2:Haseo_8492ed

he said he was a victim in this! he got logged, and then someone came on his acc, and then gave it to others, pay attention, and be nicer.

+1, man if your going to read the forums thats ok, but make sure you read all the post frist <.<

On topic: i did the instructions and i got no more keylogger, so i should be ok to play runescpe in a few days.

Thank you Pure_MageUK for telling me on how to get rid of the keylogger.

15945_s.gif
Signature made by the awesome Stevepole!

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Mamong
[ Display Name History ]

Mamong

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
If you were also unsure and had sense, you would see it was "Shockwave 2.0.1" when the current version is 10.(something).

Just a little tidbit, the guy didn't make his keylogger that convincing.

As a general rule of thumb, you should check ANY files you download with your virus scanner, just to be sure. The few seconds it takes to scan the file is much better than just opening any random file off the internet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Jard_Y_Dooku
[ Display Name History ]

Jard_Y_Dooku

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Jard Y Dooku
What you should do is use Linux, not Windows. Then you are invincible to viruses and keyloggers.
  • Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

blosssom2581
[ Display Name History ]

blosssom2581

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 257 posts

What you should do is use Linux, not Windows. Then you are invincible to viruses and keyloggers.

it's only 90% correct. We do have virus on linux. However, they are much less severe as linux is not a common operation system used at home. They are most likely employed by servers.

However, as servers uses them, some hackers create virus to attack them, revealing the hidden datas within (like password or account details)

So, using linux IS NOT invulnerable. It only means that you are less likely to be affected. A virus scanner and firewall is still necessary.
Currently taking a break from Runescape

hard_owned
[ Display Name History ]

hard_owned

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • RSN:Hard_Owned
wow could you not scan your computer instend of all that?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users