lock please

ego_scorpion

Your last 8+ posts here have not been on topic, one which you created.

I suggest you either return to the topic at hand, or request this be closed and take your personal attacks elsewhere.

OT: May I remind you the topic: Will GE ruin Merchanting?

Define merchanting please. I understand it is split into several typers of mercher, so the GE is likely to affect each type differently. Some for the good, some not so good.

Pros of GE imo: Will enable the everyday player, like me, to buy/sell items that traditionally have been hard to get with ease. Will save buying/selling time, hence provide more playing time raising skills etc.

Cons: Merchants will get less profit, as it will essentially open the books. Everyone will see what the mercher has for sale, and is buying at the same time. The buy low, sell high gap will lessen, while at the same time more fluididity will occur in the market. Good merchants will still succeed, while rip-off artists will not.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen up folks there are a few select posters that just have to keep posting to keep the arguement going. Please stop and post only about the subject on hand if you wish to continue to argue amongst yourselfs then feel free to Private message one another but keep it off this thread/forum.

Stay on topic or don't bother posting....

queenvalerie.png

Your last 8+ posts here have not been on topic, one which you created.

I suggest you either return to the topic at hand, or request this be closed and take your personal attacks elsewhere.

OT: May I remind you the topic: Will GE ruin Merchanting?

Define merchanting please. I understand it is split into several typers of mercher, so the GE is likely to affect each type differently. Some for the good, some not so good.

Pros of GE imo: Will enable the everyday player, like me, to buy/sell items that traditionally have been hard to get with ease. Will save buying/selling time, hence provide more playing time raising skills etc.

Cons: Merchants will get less profit, as it will essentially open the books. Everyone will see what the mercher has for sale, and is buying at the same time. The buy low, sell high gap will lessen, while at the same time more fluididity will occur in the market. Good merchants will still succeed, while rip-off artists will not.

Alrgiht, let me spell out what I meant by GE affecting atleast my own personal style of merchanting.

I dont consider world2 merchanting, infact, I avoid that place.

What it will directly affect is my ability to buy supplies I require at the prices I set for my own skillups. Furthermore, I am consdered with the affect on the economy it might have as a whole. With a price decrease accross the board, if it does occur, everyoen will suffer become ... well... ultimately, everyones things will be worth much less.

Lastly, be it buying or selling, neither is hard. Granted you arent selling snow to the eskiomes, you can achieve best results by advertising in crowded banks.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

I see GE as greatly enhancing everyones ability to buy supplies to level skills, at much faster rates than previously possible, with the added bonus of being able to see what others are buying/selling same product for.

Here is my #1 concern.

I buy my things in banks. I type extremely fast so I dont need some idiotic virus infected auto typer. So when im spamming bank on what all im buying and get things cheap there I make my profit.

But if everyone constantly takes all their stuff to the great exchange then the only thing a person can do is constantly scan the exchange in hopes of somebody selling something at a wrong price.

Great exchange will essentialy kill merchanting im afraid.

Will it cause detriment to your style of merchanting? Most likely it will.

Will it be detrimental to the people who used to fuel your type of merhanting? Definitely not.

People who used to buy big bones in W1, and resell W2 for +50% will get far less profit than previously, but its great for the person who actually collected them!

More money for the person who collected a valuable resource and less profit for the middleman must surely be benificial to the game. Merchanters won't like it, but RS is likely to be much better for it.

Will it cause detriment to your style of merchanting? Most likely it will.

Will it be detrimental to the people who used to fuel your type of merhanting? Definitely not.

People who used to buy big bones in W1, and resell W2 for +50% will get far less profit than previously, but its great for the person who actually collected them!

More money for the person who collected a valuable resource and less profit for the middleman must surely be benificial to the game. Merchanters won't like it, but RS is likely to be much better for it.

Thing is, I will buy anything if its cheap. Some things I use, some I resell, it suits my particular play style.

When I skill, i try to buy cheap to conserve $ to accomplish more. Its merchanting perse, becuase if need be I can resell, but I hardly ever do, I mostly resell.

Guess when changees come one has to adopt.

ego_scorpion.png

I believe the Pendulum can swing both ways...but the turkey cannot fly south for the winter...ok forgot that last phrase :?

As was previously mentioned, it could take out the middle man, some profiting more than other now.

But as for the others, i think prices could raise because of harder competition, or they could decrease due to accessibility.

So, will it "kill" merchanting? I dont think so, I think we should be prepared for something to happen though.

I Have Been Stripped of my Own Glory...

dudd_of_all.png

dudd_of_all.png

Cooking Cape EARNED: January 2nd, 2008

34,491st to 99 Attack: June 12th, 2008

I would have been happier with player owned houses :)

Also, I just feel that this change is too big to be introduced that late into the game. Had it been there form start things would have been different at this point, who knows.

ego_scorpion.png

I've got to ask, why isn't this thread locked? this guy is blatantly trolling at this point calling everyone who disagrees with him a hypocrite or stupid.

I'm not going to report it because the mods know its here, I'm not going to get involved with arguing with anyone but this thread is now a flame-bait.

This thread is locked per request of its author.

~turtlefemm-tip.it forum moderator

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle