Grand Exchange Your Pros and Cons

Aaron888

Pro: Buying and selling in bulk just got waaaaay easy.

Con: This stupid thing keeps changing my prices! For instance I've got a bunch of addy scimmys in there for 4k each - and it keeps resetting the price to 4060! What's up with that?

And another con - you can't create armor sets from notes, and you have to create them one at a time. Feh.

Pros: great way to buy things without having to waste time. Great for obscure items needed for quests and clue scrolls which sometimes take a while to buy or make otherwise.

Cons: the price range is too narrow, and some of the prices are just off.

The people at the GE yelling "Selling x of item in GE", it's not like we can choose who we buy from, so who cares what you have in there.

mak_1027.png

Pros - Easy to sell/buy stuff, especially for clues.

Cons - NO [cabbage] PIN ON IT! I got hacked for like 2.5m cause of that -.-

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Pros - Easy to sell/buy stuff, especially for clues.

Cons - NO [cabbage] PIN ON IT! I got hacked for like 2.5m cause of that -.-

The con isnt no pin,more like you have low security on ur computer, or no clue how to protect urself or perhaps no clue how to make a good password.

Pros - saves an ungodly amount of time. During my 99 rc project, the part I hated the most was when I had to spend literally HOURS on the forums selling my 550k nats. Now, I no longer have to worry about the selling time.

there's tons more pros

Cons - So many misconceptions!! People wrongly assuming that merchanting is dead, people wrongly assuming that the maximum and minimum prices will "control" the current price of the item.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Pros:

Insanely fast buying

Able to offload all the random things I've had for ages but couldn't be bothered to stand around selling (such as TT rewards, slayer drops, etc)

Very easy to buy in bulk at the exact amounts you need.

Cons:

Prices seem to be dropping rapidly as everyone sells at the lowest price in order to get the quickest deal.

The ease of buying is making me buy things I normally wouldn't, such as raw materials I don't particularly need (pure ess) and a dragon axe.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Cons:

Prices seem to be dropping rapidly as everyone sells at the lowest price in order to get the quickest deal.

Thats a con ?

I'll have u know that iron cost 50 gp once and coal 100 ea. The prices have been overly expensive for too long, the GE is handling this.

Cons:

Thats a con ?

I'll have u know that iron cost 50 gp once and coal 100 ea. The prices have been overly expensive for too long, the GE is handling this.

This is true. I can remember selling iron ores for 50 each and being excited because normal price was 35.

OG f2p'er for life. 11th Person to Rune Mining.

fusion7.png

Always accepting burnt Lobs!

Pros - Sold over 15m worth of junk in my bank so far :D , Bought a whole ton of skilling Item's I need in almost no time at all at 20gp under the street price (when you're talking in large numbers this saves me a good 5m or so). Bought a ton of tree seeds at 20k or more under what I was buying for before :)

Cons - alot of the prices are not currently stable, but they will be in time, itll take a while though.

Pros:

Helps legal player to do merchanting without having to compete against auto-typers and merchanting bots.

No time wasted buying and selling, more time playing the game :)

Easier for jagex to monitor the now less regular trades, so RWT are getting their ban as they should.

6 More bank space

Armor boxes to save bank space

Harder to do price manipulation

Con's

Loss of a serene forest.

Initial prices were pretty poor (item was too expensive or too cheap, some still are)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Pros:

.Much easier to sell slightly rarer items

.You can sell almost anything

.The price ranges are for the most part what they were on price guides

Cons:

.Some more common items are hard to sell (runes/ores/potions)

.Some of the price ranges were and still are completely off

I still think it was an excellent update and I wager that most people have been spending a lot of their time buying and selling at the GE over the last couple of days.

Good merchant or not, it's near imposible to sell anything other people are selling, now.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Pros: Dosn't slow you down trying to sell things, you can get on with other things.

Cons: Very limited ways to make money in f2p now, can't make any money by selling items as people will always want to buy for the least amount and sell for the most.

k9999-crazyarm.gif