Lock please

bubbyjoe2

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the technology described is too modern for this type of game.

Railroads already exist to a certain extent with the dwarfen mines and the coal mining facility west of Seers. I guess they could expand this network further.

Nobody really uses the coal mining facility... for a good reason. It only moves coal and its use is very limited.

Is that a support or a non-support?

I guess this would be sort of cool to see but we won't see it.

As Harrington said, the technology is just too much for this game, also it would be pretty much massive lag having the moving trains, and the amounts of people there that the game would probably crash.

I guess I'm neutral on this one.

Lord_Malace1.png

I like the idea overall, but its kinda complicated in my head right now and is way too late to think XD.

Atm, I'll say support...but imo, some of the smithing req is too high, almost no trains will be around =/

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

umm is everyone forgetting the railway in another slice of ham?

Yes, but you don't actually get to see the entire ride on the train.

I can see this update, were it implemented, being a try it and drop it, one of those things where people try it once, say "nice concept, but too inconvenient", then stop using it creating a barren wasteland wherever the update was.

Trains, if made somewhat similar to real life, would be too resource consuming to make them a useful form of transportation, as opposed to say teleportation which works fine.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

umm is everyone forgetting the railway in another slice of ham?

Yes, but you don't actually get to see the entire ride on the train.

I can see this update, were it implemented, being a try it and drop it, one of those things where people try it once, say "nice concept, but too inconvenient", then stop using it creating a barren wasteland wherever the update was.

Trains, if made somewhat similar to real life, would be too resource consuming to make them a useful form of transportation, as opposed to say teleportation which works fine.

I'm sure that the high demand for food in F2P would keep people using the trains, especially from Port Sarim to Draynor. And the skillers don't want to raise their magic to teleport. Some non-magic pures may also like this update because the track runs from Lumbridge to Edgeville, giving them a quick and cheap ticket to the Wilderness.

Simple suggestion from a f2per, I thought that if the dwarfs have the tech, why not have a quest there that you help construct the roundhouse and have to fix a problem at each place where it goes. It will all go underground so as not to cause the lag from it going across normal, non-changing landscape. Simply solving most of the problems. I like the idea, kinda goes with some of my more futuristic ideas in clan construction. (player owned boats) only this is a more practical instead of fun suggestion.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

Simple suggestion from a f2per, I thought that if the dwarfs have the tech, why not have a quest there that you help construct the roundhouse and have to fix a problem at each place where it goes. It will all go underground so as not to cause the lag from it going across normal, non-changing landscape. Simply solving most of the problems. I like the idea, kinda goes with some of my more futuristic ideas in clan construction. (player owned boats) only this is a more practical instead of fun suggestion.

About lag....

Lag occurs when many players are all jammed into one area. The trains would spread out the Runescape population, so lag won't be much of a problem.

I'll also take this as a support.

There is already an electric train that runs back and forth between Keldagrim and Dorges-Khaan.

Such a train could be implemented though but not past all the towns you mention, i'd be too much of a benefit.

A track could be laid down, though it'd have to be underground and as with the electric train, you wont actually see it running. Something similar is found in Barbarian Assault to use for a passenger list. The train you built determines the ammount of people that can be on that list, that is a good one.

On the top of my head I can think of 2 tracks:

Keldagrim (at their train station) - Rellekka (anywhere udnerground) - Seers Village (running past the Elemental Workshop) - Ardougne (in its sewers) - Yanille (anywhere underground)

And:

Falador (inside the Dwarven Mines) - Draynor (in its sewers) - Lumbridge/Dorges-Khaan (inside de Dorgeshuun mines' middle stop, form where HAM tried to flood the entire city) - Varrock/Edgeville (hey whats that hidden trapdoor at the GE again?)

These are reasonable tracks instead of one that goes through ALL of runescape.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

There is already an electric train that runs back and forth between Keldagrim and Dorges-Khaan.

Such a train could be implemented though but not past all the towns you mention, i'd be too much of a benefit.

A track could be laid down, though it'd have to be underground and as with the electric train, you wont actually see it running. Something similar is found in Barbarian Assault to use for a passenger list. The train you built determines the ammount of people that can be on that list, that is a good one.

On the top of my head I can think of 2 tracks:

Keldagrim (at their train station) - Rellekka (anywhere udnerground) - Seers Village (running past the Elemental Workshop) - Ardougne (in its sewers) - Yanille (anywhere underground)

And:

Falador (inside the Dwarven Mines) - Draynor (in its sewers) - Lumbridge/Dorges-Khaan (inside de Dorgeshuun mines' middle stop, form where HAM tried to flood the entire city) - Varrock/Edgeville (hey whats that hidden trapdoor at the GE again?)

These are reasonable tracks instead of one that goes through ALL of runescape.

It can't be underground, because then people wouldn't be able to jump from the train. That's to use, if say, you were riding a train from Draynor to Rimmington, and you needed to get to the mine, you could jump off next to the mine, fill up on ores, head back to the train at Rimmington to take you back to the bank.

Again, why would it need to go to most of those member areas? Members aren't going to need this update as they already have far more methods of transportation. The reason I added Ardougne and Seers Village to the list is to throw in something for members. F2P needs this more as a means of mass transit.

You forgot something: What if players stand in the tracks :lol: ? How about people who get hit by a train get teleported to Port Sarim? Another way to teleport, although a stupid and suicidal way.

I support. It seems a nice way to transport. My only teleport is Lumbridge Home tele <.< , so it's easy for me to agree here.

You forgot something: What if players stand in the tracks :lol: ? How about people who get hit by a train get teleported to Port Sarim? Another way to teleport, although a stupid and suicidal way.

I support. It seems a nice way to transport. My only teleport is Lumbridge Home tele <.< , so it's easy for me to agree here.

I can see the rants...

"z0mg K0 by train!!!1!"

"Trains Overpowered!!!!"

Maybe you shouldn't be able to stand on the tracks.

And thanks for the support!

I can see the rants...

"z0mg K0 by train!!!1!"

"Trains Overpowered!!!!"

Well, it could be made that anyone standing in the tracks that gets hit is teleported to somewhere such as Port Sarim (Oh no! You get hit by the train and end up flying! However, you land at Port Sarim, magically unharmed). So that's RS's first stupid and suicidal teleport. If it killed, that's a new way of luring (Lure into the tracks, then SPLAT! Would be awfully funny the lurer getting killed too.)

I can see the rants...

"z0mg K0 by train!!!1!"

"Trains Overpowered!!!!"

Well, it could be made that anyone standing in the tracks that gets hit is teleported to somewhere such as Port Sarim (Oh no! You get hit by the train and end up flying! However, you land at Port Sarim, magically unharmed). So that's RS's first stupid and suicidal teleport. If it killed, that's a new way of luring (Lure into the tracks, then SPLAT! Would be awfully funny the lurer getting killed too.)

I made it so you cannot stand on the tracks, but able to jump over them when a train isn't nearby.

Problem solved. ::'

Ummm, well, a nicely thought out idea, although i doubt you'll ever see it happen, sorry. It would be kinda cool to see this, but there would be way too many trains on the tracks. Also, F2Pers don't really have that long of distances to go, so I don't think we need a way to travel faster (I'm F2P by the way). And, Jagex would never give us something this big, no offense Jagex :) . Like I said, It'd be pretty cool, but I don't think it's nessecary.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....