Prayer Switching Guide for TzTok-Jad

Dire_Wolf

SirHemen's Updated Prayer Switching Guide for TzTok-Jad

Note: This guide is not a Fight Cave guide, but a prayer switching guide that helps you practicing switching prayers in order to kill TzTok-Jad - the level 702 boss. For a Fight Cave minigame Guide click here.

Welcome to my prayer switching guide for TzTok-Jad. :D This guide will help you practice prayer switching (which is essential) to beat TzTok-Jad. So in other words this guide is all about killing TzTok-Jad ;) .

First to show that i know what i am talking about here is some videos of me killing TzTok-Jad.

[hide=Videos]VIDEO LINKS

210 Damage to TzTok-Jad in 9 seconds

TzTok-Jad Part 1

TzTok-Jad Part 2

Jad

[yt]DTdX00EQRis[/yt]

[yt]2GoXFvOBjjA[/yt]

[yt]e82ohiMxtUY[/yt]

[yt]ZzA8dYM0FZA[/yt]

[yt]I0OrOTbr6As[/yt][/hide]The Monsters

[hide=TzTok-Jad (Level 702)]TzTok-Jad.gif

Hitpoints: 250

Attack Style: Magic,Ranged and Melee.

Max Hit: 97 according to Runescape Wiki

TzTok-Jad is very strong and hits hard. He will use all 3 combat styles which is magic,range and melee if your in his melee ranged, and if you are not he will only use magic and ranged.

Ranged Attack: He lifts his legs up and slams them on floor.

Magic Attack: He leans his head forward and his magic attack shoots from his back.

Melee Attack: He literally punches you fast with his fist-

Here is a video showing his ranged and magic attack. I advice you to get familiar with them, so watch the video until you are.

[/hide][hide=Yt-HurKot (Level 108)]Yt-HurKot.gif

Hitpoints: 60

Attack Style: Melee

Max Damage: 14

When you manage to lower TzTok-Jad to half hitpoints, 4 of these annoying little fellas get summoned by TzTok-Jad. They heal very fast. I damaged TzTok-Jad 210 damage in 9 seconds and still even that couldn't compete with Yt-HurKot's healing. So best and easiest way to stop them from healing TzTok-Jad is to distract them.

Distracting them means that you have to attack each and one of them as they get summoned, and then they will have their attention on you and this stops them from healing TzTok-Jad. Then they attack you, and usually you will have 1-2 of them hitting you so just pray steel skin and keep killing TzTok-Jad. But you can get all four of them on you, so make sure you visit Muggi's Fight Cave Guide in AOW and read his tactics on how to make only 1 of these healers reach you.[/hide]Prayer Switching Training

[hide=Location]To practice prayer switching, you need a altar, and some monsters nearby. Best place for that is Rimmington/Port Sarim Church, which also has rats and goblins nearby. Here is map of it:

Location.jpg[/hide][hide=Equipment and Inventory]200 Bronze bolts if you use Runite crossbow to kill TzTok-Jad

Prayer Equipment

20 Regular Cakes[/hide]OK, now let's get going and start training! Let's start the training with:

[hide=Sound]Using your ears to sense TzTok-Jad magic attack works well, because his magic attack makes a sound just when he launches it. So sound is gonna help you notice/sense TzTok-Jad's magic attack more. His ranged attack does not make sound, but it's very easy to see it coming visually and his magic attack is hard to see visually and easy to hear.

So here's what you should to, go to this video:

From here you get to the part about his magic attack and the sound it makes, and then you memorize that sound. It is very important if you want to melee TzTok-Jad and to kill him easily with ranged. So when you do the next prayer switching trainings which is ranged and melee, use this actively to sense TzTok-Jad's attack.[/hide][hide=Prayer Switching For Ranged]Ranged is very easy and i would say most effective way to kill TzTok-Jad. You keep distance and this makes TzTok-Jad be able to use only two attacks on you, magic and range.

Now below is links to TzTok-Jad fights on Youtube. Choose a video you find best suited for the angle you will be having when you kill TzTok-Jad.

TzTok-Jad Fight 1

<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->

TzTok-Jad Fight 2

<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->

TzTok-Jad Fight 3

<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->

Once you have selected a video, let it load and once it's loaded minimize your Runescape game window and the Youtube video with TzTok-Jad fight so that the Youtube video is on left side of your screen and the Runescape game window is on right side. It should look like this:

Prayer-1.jpg

Now play the video, watch it and switch prayers to it.

Having game sound helps in sensing how fast you react to TzTok-Jad attacks in the video, but know that in real fight with TzTok-Jad his attacks will be even more clear and a bit slower. Remember not to relay so much on sensing his magic attack with your eyes, instead use your ears :shame: .[/hide][hide=Prayer Switching For Melee]Melee is very deadly but at same time so fun! :thumbsup: From my view it is very easy to kill TzTok-Jad with melee because i got maxed melee. :lol: But melee is not far from being as great as ranged, so don't hesitate if you wanna try it. But to do melee, you must have managed to kill TzTok-Jad with ranged. Because if you can't kill him with ranged then i don't think you can kill him with melee. Melee is harder. When you melee him you have to switch between all 3 attacks of TzTok-Jad, though he uses melee alot more than other two.

Here's what you do, first you get a video from "Prayer Switching for Ranged". Then you watch video and switch prayers, but as soon as each attack (Magic or ranged) hits you, you must fast switch your prayer to melee. Ignore fact that the player in video is ranging, your just practicing melee. SENSE (Refer to Sound) TzTok-Jad's magic attack using sound here or it will be very hard on you! TzTok-Jad's melee attack is fast and can not be protected against just like that, so you have to take precautions and do it asap like in the example below.

Example:

TzTok-Jad shoots magic

*SirHemen switches to magic*

*Magic attack hits him*

*SirHemen switches to melee fast (and prepares for his attack)*

TzTok-Jad uses ranged

*SirHemen switches to ranged*

*Ranged attack hits him*

*SirHemen switches to melee fast (and prepares for his next attack)*

*TzTok-Jad melees*

*SirHemen has melee protect on*

*TzTok-Jad melees*

*SirHemen has melee protect on*

*TzTok-Jad uses ranged*

and so on..

After 20 minutes of doing that practice, then you practice to a video with a player meleeing TzTok-Jad. The thing is, it's very hard to find a video with good sound and a player meleeing Tztok-Jad so the best melee video i found is this music one:

But don't worry just use a video with a player ranging (With good sound) and do what i told you in the example and you should do great! :thumbup:[/hide][hide=Prayer Switching For Dealing With Yt-HurKots/Healers]NOTE: This prayer switching applies both for melee and ranging.

Healers appear when you have taken TzTok-Jad to half hitpoints. Here is how you do this practice:

Use video you already used for practicing prayers for meleeing/ranging TzTok-Jad. I recommend bronze bolts for this practice as it's waste of good bolts to use expensive ones. Now play the video, and switch prayers but at same time attack (Using crystal bow/rune crossbow) goblins and rats nearby all the time during video but do not rush it. Switch prayers (Watch TzTok-Jad), then attack and do this steady and slow and now and then change attack style from "Rapid" to "Long range" and other way around.

Do this practice until you got the hang of it and don't do more than 3 mistakes during whole video[/hide][hide=Additional Prayer Switching]Prayer Switching While Moving

Run/Walk but at same time switch prayers to video

Prayer Swithing While Eating

Eat the 20 regular cakes while switching prayers to video[/hide][hide=Lala's tip to deal with magic attack]

One thing about the new Jad is that his range attack is extremely easy to identify, much more so than the magic attack.

So, I have come up with a very successful way of beating him. After you can see him, keep mage prayer on. Only when you see him stomp, switch to range, then switch back after the attack hits. It will surprise you just how easy it is.

<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->

In the video here, I use the above method perfectly, only messing up when I couldn't see him.

[/hide]

Other

[hide=Where to stand before TzTok-Jad spawns]The red circles are where TzTok-Jad usually spawns, and the blue is where you should stand for best view of TzTok-Jad and his attacks.

27653129c7b2f804f2d2e7a4bd8bce8c365a3f4.jpg

Standing the blue circle makes the healers get stuck behind Tztok-Jad hopefully, but if it don't you will for sure have only 1 healer hitting you.

Also it's easy to see TzTok-Jad from where you stand, making him not surprise you from distance.[/hide][hide=How to deal with hard waves (Video)]NOTE: This video does not show what to do in every possible situations. But it shows how to 1)Block the level 180s so you can safespot them and 2) What to do normally in a wave with level 360,180 and 90.

[yt]1sLZf2X_gxc[/yt][/hide][hide=F-Buttons]

F-buttons can be used as shortcuts to prayer spellbook, inventory, equipment and so on...so try them out!

F1 = INVENTORY

F2 = EQUIPMENT

F3 = PRAYER SPELLBOOK

F4 = MAGIC SPELLBOOK

F5 = ATTACK STYLE MENU

[/hide]

[hide=Players who used this guide and gotten Fire cape]giby.jpg

great guide, i had tried jad 5 times and had no clue how to switch prayers so i died then i used this guide and then got my cape on the next try thanks!!! :thumbsup:
[/hide]

As final i wanna say that if you liked my guide or gotten Fire cape using it, please give feedback or post screenshot of the result! :pray:

Sources

Runescape Wiki

Tip.it

Guide on Runescape web forum

Muggi's Fight Cave minigame Guide (AOW)

Credit List

Ladycai<3

n00bfiterpk6

salim123

pinguimmaiden

compfreak847

oliboli1992

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the guide I needed.

How I practiced this was taking a friend to the duel arena, and have him act like the Jad. To make him switch quicker, he had a rune crossbow represent range, and a magic shortbow represent mage. It worked quite well, and was a challenge at first.

Only problem is I still haven't gotten around to actually TRYING to get the cape...

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Wow, seems like a great way to train before you fight Jad and possibly lose. I might try... eventually.

Also, don't you have to move to hit the healers? Therefore preacticing moving back to your original position might help practice as well, so Jad doesn't move/melee.

Wow, seems like a great way to train before you fight Jad and possibly lose. I might try... eventually.

Also, don't you have to move to hit the healers? Therefore preacticing moving back to your original position might help practice as well, so Jad doesn't move/melee.

Jad uses mele if your next to him, so i doubt you would move to a spot where he meles you. Further more, this guide is to make players see with clear eyes Jads attacks, therefor it won't be much problem if you can get it in your mind his attacks. :-k With that i mean, you will need 1-4 secs to react on prayer switching leaving you 2-4 secs to move to a spot if nesscary.

I can EASILY get to jad with the correct resources leftover, but I always fail at switching prayers. I was trying to think of an effective way to practice it, other than VS him after the 2 hours of work, this seems to be a great solution.

I'll reply back in the future when I try and get my cape. :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

• 8 months later...

Not bad. It'd be nice if someone actually made an application with jad's animations\protect prayers on the screen that simulated actually fighting - even without hp bars\attacks, it'd be quite good practice. It would probably violate a few copyrights on Jagex's part, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Not bad. It'd be nice if someone actually made an application with jad's animations\protect prayers on the screen that simulated actually fighting - even without hp bars\attacks, it'd be quite good practice. It would probably violate a few copyrights on Jagex's part, though.

You really don't need a application to simulate it.

Here's why:

Prayer Switching: Basic, just switch prayer while watching a TzTok-Jad video.

Prayer Switching+Healers: Switch prayers and attack monsters nearby. When you do correct prayers most of time at the end means you are ready.

Prayer Switching+Potting: Switch prayers and eat cakes at same time. Cakes are 3 doses, brew and super restore potion is 4 doses.

So you really don't need a application, but i would say it would be easier to do it with a application: but it's not necessary.

Also all you need is a good TzTok-Jad video with the angle of the game camera that you will be using :)

One thing about the new Jad is that his range attack is extremely easy to identify, much more so than the magic attack.

So, I have come up with a very successful way of beating him. After you can see him, keep mage prayer on. Only when you see him stomp, switch to range, then switch back after the attack hits. It will surprise you just how easy it is.

In the video here, I use the above method perfectly, only messing up when I couldn't see him.

lalalasig2.png

Eek you misinterpreted a little bit.

When you start, it's a given that you need to pray range (it is silent, and his magic has a sound).

Now, when you see him, the strategy changes. He has two animations: range and mage. Range is an obvious stomp, and mage is a more subtle head-roll. Because of the fact that the headroll is sometimes harder to notice, keep mage prayer on during the fight. When he stomps (it is VERY easy to notice), switch to range, then after the attack splashes, immediately switch back to mage prayer. When he uses a magic attack, use the time to drink pots or whatever.

lalalasig2.png

When you start, it's a given that you need to pray range (it is silent, and his magic has a sound).

Now, when you see him, the strategy changes. He has two animations: range and mage. Range is an obvious stomp, and mage is a more subtle head-roll. Because of the fact that the headroll is sometimes harder to notice, keep mage prayer on during the fight. When he stomps (it is VERY easy to notice), switch to range, then after the attack splashes, immediately switch back to mage prayer. When he uses a magic attack, use the time to drink pots or whatever.

Incredible, you sure are a genius person :P Give me high five <3

Sorry for misinterpreting, and i will update your tip :thumbup:

Thanks so much for contributing. <3: Your tip is actually very good one. :thumbup:

Incredible, you sure are a genius person :P Give me high five <3

Sorry for misinterpreting, and i will update your tip :thumbup:

Thanks so much for contributing. <3: Your tip is actually very good one. :thumbup:

(This is no bias against you, SirHemen)

I would actually not recommend this. Although his mage attack may be harder to notice, it is extremely hard to prayer switch twice consistantly. Although it is probably easy for lalala, me, or you, SirHemen, this is actually alot harder for a beginner to prayer switching. If all you're doing is paying attention to Jad (What else are you going to do?) being able to find the difference between his range and magic shouldn't be that hard.

Well, I hope you don't hate me. (I don't...) I can get quite competetive at times, and I apologize. Our other intense discussion can just stay at that, a discussion.

Hope I didn't lose a potential friend.

~Kent

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

No worries: but my points are not stupid. Sure i can be stupid sometimes, but hearing that my points are stupid are kinda saying that you dislike me which is common sense. Cause i have posted alot things that is very decent and i have done stupid mistakes that was just stupid lol. But judging me based on last is not right.

Anyhow i know Kent, i actually believe it can be hard. But i think it will work for me as i hate the magic attack. But i am unsure if it will work when healers come.

Healers come (1 focus)+Switching from range to mage(2 focus)=3

So i think at healers it can make it pretty hard for me.

But i think that before healers it can be decent. Anyhow i saw a guy use dragon halberd and he really pwned Jad (He did). I am thinking to range my way to Jad myself and then use Halberd.

Afterall i am maxed melee :D To be honest i am gonna do it :)

Why is it good?

I will kill Jad before healers come baby.

118 Attack+Strength -Dragon Halberd= 3 spec==Sucess

And boss has 250 hitpoints. But there is some practice to it so i gotta get at it :D

good guide might give it a go sometime :-) :thumbsup:

also this link does not work:

Animation of TzTok-Jad's range and magic attack

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Image:R ... jad.gifurl

or is that just me?

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Nope it's not only you. But seeing as it's a GIF image ( A moving picture) it is big file size and takes usually long time to upload. But i will fix it.

But usually it takes some 1-2 minute before such GIF image is fully function able.

FIXED