Enex [Complete!]

Erichermit

This looks freakin' sweet. :D

I'd love to play it when it comes out.

By the way, if you don't mind my asking, what language did you use to program the game?

It uses an "Event Code" Interface that you use to create the game. This is scripted in Ruby, which I am not literate in.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

That looks freakin' amazing.

It reminds me of the good ol days of Earthbound, Golden Sun and just has that 'cartoony' feel, which I love. The screen shots you provided look amazing. They just look so rich and deep. :D

I can't wait for this to come out! You say the game is 90% done, any projected time when the game will be completed?

Edit: Ah, around summer time. I hope it gets completed before then, bug-tested and all that too. Enex2 makes my anticipated games list of 2008. :D

Thank you life mage and Pkmastachaos for your wonderful comments. Hearing that my game looks great makes me feel ever so good =)

I can only pray that it meets everyones expectations

Making a demo, I have found, would be a bad idea because I am constantly unsatisfied with parts of the game I have already completed and I keep going back and making massive changes. There once was a demo on the net and the game has changed immensely since then, and who knows how I may update the beginning in the future.

When I really get down to it and work, I can get get stuff down REALLY fast, so hopefully I can make it done before Summer, but if not, Very Early summer seems a very good estimate.

Until then, I'll keep posting Screenshots and the sort to keep interest in the game rolling ;)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• 5 weeks later...

Also pm'ed you the same application

Hello, I'm interested in beta testing the new game.

1. Will you be able to not simply play the game, but seek out every corner of the game for bugs and mapping errors?

I would try my best to find and seek out errors as well as play.

2. Will you be able to check the dialogue for spelling and grammar errors? (you must be fairly good at spelling and grammar to do this.)

Now grammar isn't my best subject but I suppose I am a somewhat good speller.

3. Will you be able to devote a lot of time into this game, which is likely to take over 20 hours to play on a normal playthrough and perhaps more than 25-30+ on a betatesting playthrough?

Yes, I'll most likely have 20+ hours a week depending on my schoolwork.

4. Will you talk to every NPC and take every fork of every dungeon?

Every NCP I find will be talked with and the dungeons will be looked at.

5. Will you check the FAQ/Walkthrough for verity?

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

6. Will you rate the game's areas on fun factor so that I know which areas must be changed?

Definitely will.

7. Will you rate the game's areas on difficult so that I know which areas to increase or decrease the difficulty level?

Same, definitely will.

8. List anything else you would like to say, such as reasons why you would like to betatester or why you think I should choose you over the other applicants etc. if you so desire here.

I desire to be a betatester because I don't have anything else to do really. I think I would be a good betatester because I have alot of time on my hands and I would devote more time to helping you improve the game for other players/people to have fun instead of me just playing.

9. Having an AIM/MSN is extremely helpful. Do you have one? If so, what is it?

My MSN is [email protected]

Thank you for considering meh. <3:

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2

Yeah. That Pheonix is very good at reviving himself! Im betting that after the first form you were like "You're kidding me. THIS easy?!"

I don't fully remember what youre supposed to do for the water one but I think if you talk to everyone they should give you hints as to where to go. I do know that part of it requires sailing out to the ocean to find something.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Wait. I'm confused...

Questions:

Have you finished this game yet? If you have, where can I find it? If you haven't you're planning on Summer '08, right?

What program did you use, RPGMaker I heard you say? Where can I get it?

Sorry...

• 3 months later...

Ohh... Dang I lost a lot of pages here.

Thankfully, at least the Original Post is still intact :)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Yeah.

Anyway, Ive also been working on the game again! You may have missed my post on the matter, but life_mage is pretty much the reason that I decided to pick up the dusty old thing.

And this time I dont plan on stopping 'till it's done!

Thats right, and within a few weeks, you just might hear about a completed Enex2 (most likely from the betatesters. And after theyre done.. You'll play it!)

Time to add some more screenshots of thigns I've been adding =)

voidreapersambushhk7.png

Please note that void reapers are completely different from Runescape's Void Knights and have absolutely nothing in common. In this screenshot, Eric and friends

run into a little bit of trouble in the Lunis Caves...

lightrealm2zb3.png

lightrealmwq3.png

As this is the last dungeon in the game, I can't comment much on what exactly this is, but it is an ethereal holy dungeon.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Ethereal holy dungeon? Are you kidding me? Unless the final boss is a head Angel or something (please don't let it come to that!) this really makes little sense to me...

Also, I've never heard of any holy dungeon with lava in it. Even less sense to make of it...

This is either going to hurt, or going to be very, VERY intresting...

Need a new signature....perhaps...

The dungeon itself is like a giant spread of the different dungeons throughout the game. There's a Forest Room, a Water Cave Room, and a Fire Cave room.

No, this isn't a game where holiness turns out to be evil. But trust me, it makes sense when you get there.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

The dungeon itself is like a giant spread of the different dungeons throughout the game. There's a Forest Room, a Water Cave Room, and a Fire Cave room.

No, this isn't a game where holiness turns out to be evil. But trust me, it makes sense when you get there.

It better, or I will be very, very....upset...

So, it's basicly a mish-mosh of the best (or worst, take your pick) of every other dungeon? Where have I seen this before...ah well, no use thinking about it now.

Well, It's actually not anything like the other dungeons you encounter in the game. It's just like, a big mash of all the different TYPES, if you will.

If you recall Shadow Realm, it was pretty random. Well, this is Light Realm (still not too bad of a spoiler). As such, it is extradimensional and can be a bit random.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Random is random, circles within circles.

Extra-planer relems are not good for your health.

And if I re-call right, Shadowland was set in a photo-negative lighting. At least this looks normal....or is it...?

Well, we can only wait....or can we...*looks thoughtful*...No, nevermind...

metalcraftingorerefininww4.png

Metal Crafting Minigame and Interface! Metal Crafting is done by first extracting ores from the nearby Bronzed Mine of Rolam. After doing a sidequest where help out the forger acquire a Scorpion Egg, you will be allowed to utilize his furnace to refine the ore. You can obtain either Bronze Alloy Ore or Iron Ore. (I know there is not such a thing as naturally occurring Bronze Ore. That is why I have named is Bronze Alloy Ore, and as this is a fantasy game, I have decided to allow the alloy to naturally form in this mine. If you have a problem.. bite me?) Bronze Alloy is much more common. The refining minigame requires you to run around a furnace switching on levers which unswitch themselves every so often to keep the gas flowing to make sure the heat stays at optimal temperature. Don't let your ore be ruined!

I am aware mapping is left bland in the ore refining room. If I stuck a bunch of objects in there, it'd be impossible to reach the other levers in time.

metalcraftinginterfacesdg1.png

You can take these bars to the Anvil near the miner who you helped in the sidequest to craft into weapons and armor. the [number] states how many bars of refined ore are necessary for each piece. The left and right keys switch between Bronze and Iron smithing. While smithing Bronze, the list of Iron items darkens. While smithing Iron, the list of bronze items darkens.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Nice take on the Blast Furnace! =D>

Plus, it's your game, you can do what you want with it (to the majority of extent.). If "They" have a probelm with, don't give them the link. :lol:

Also, how "good" are iron items supposed to be? :geek: :XD: :shock:

Looks good, I'm sure those Beta-testers will get their mitts on this within a few weeks....Assuming I can keep you properly motivated...*taps hammer*

(Just kidding on that last part #-o )

Actually, that furnace game was made before the blast furnace came out. I just haven't made a screenshot of it yet =P Which means Runescape copied Meee! But they didn't, but I didn't copy their blast furnace.

The Metal Crafting interface is based on Runescape's smithing interface though, as are the various types of equipment.

Shortsword= Sword. Longsword= Longsword. Medium Plate = Chainbody. Full Plate = Platebody.

Well, I'd be getting it faster if I werent adding interfaces like this. It used to just be a "What would you like to make?" and then gave you some choices in the message system, which was a hassle to navigate and not eye appealing at all. =P I have to make this game good!

For an example of how good the items you have are this point are:

best helmet: Bronze Helmet

best armor: Bronze Medium Plate

best sword: Bronze Longsword

best shield: Bronze Shield

Which means most bronze items aren't actually worth making, except for selling or so that you don't have to actually buy it. The Iron items are fantastic at this point in the game though.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Actually, that furnace game was made before the blast furnace came out. I just haven't made a screenshot of it yet =P

You're going to have a hard time proving that...

For an example of how good the items you have are this point are:

Oh, I see. This is an early minigame. A way to equip yourself for free, if you will.

I don't need to prove it isn't based on the blast furnace because I said I didn't. I'm not a liar. The actual idea of metal crafting, wood crafting, leather crafting, and fishing minigames are based off the fact that runescape has a mining/smithing, woodcut/fletching, crafting, and fletching skill.

However, the actually way these minigame-skills are actually very different from how it is done in Runescape, and none of the minigames themselves are based off anything done in Runescape.

I've never even played the Blast Furnace. If you want, I can log onto Runescape and show you how I have yet to unlock "Have A Blast" music track =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Name one word in that post which states that I doubted you.

*begins to whack erichermit with a giant [bleep]y hammer.*

There you go, now I'm mad. Good job... -.- :evil:

*final blow from the hammer pounds erichermit in the ground*

... -.-