Runescape Night-Day mode + You think Jagex planning this?

Dire_Wolf

I notice how nice the Campfire at Rimmington near Chemist was (Adjusted brightness to lowest) It looks like evening..

23ta7.png

Then it how nicer that Campfire would be, if it was dark in runescape as in : Night...

Now the thing is there is no "Night" and "Day" in Rs. Some adjust their "brightness" to get a kinda night looking effect...

But it fully dosn't give the effect as a real "Night" should.

Timezone difference is not hard to deal with, so that is very easy to arrange so that everyone experiences Day-Night mode.

TIMEZONE SOLUTIONS:

it wouldnt have real time effects though, it would most likely use a Runescape Standard Time (RST) which goes about 3x or 4x as fast as normal time? each day lasts about 6 hours maybe? 3 hours light 3 hours dark? that way everyone could experience both day and night :P

a rather intruiging idea indeed, and i think ive got a solution fot the whole timezone problem: Make a whole day last 2 -4 hours (2 i think is teh best) so anyone who plays longer could see morning , evening, day and night pass. Similiar thing has been introduced into soem other mmo games. and of course they could make servers that are "normal" with only everlasting day , like now.

These are pictures posted by me and other players! NIGHT Would and should be better than this when Jagex makes it!

EDIT: Here's how "Night" would be, but this is a picture i have made! and it's not so great.

2121312sk8.png

Picture: Of another "Night" , but this is to dark. And it should be "Blue" instead of dark. (Well done , whoever made it)

rsuplc9.jpg

What do you think? Do you want Runescape to have a Night and Day thing?

I do :lol: this way the atmosphere will be nice. ;)

Also here's solution if Players find Night to dark:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=751852

But Jagex can make "Night" better.

But, its hard with the timezones as you wouldn't always want to log in when it's "night" or not be on long enough to see the difference.

The Night and Day can be adjusted based on servers/worlds? So that, if your in Canada...you use a Canadian Server...and you see the night+day and the change..

Also here's how the atmposhere will be, when it comes to campfires at night.

23hw1.png

But, its hard with the timezones as you wouldn't always want to log in when it's "night" or not be on long enough to see the difference.

The Night and Day can be adjusted based on servers/worlds? So that, if your in Canada...you use a Canadian Server...and you see the night+day and the change..

Also here's how the atmposhere will be, when it comes to campfires at night.

23mp6.png

Good diagram. I like the idea.

-----------------------

Try to think outside of the box here with me.

You could have accelerated days, meaning a day could be twelve hours (or any other incriment of time) so you would be able to notice the difference. Another option would be to have a 22 hour day in order to have a 2 hour offset. With this setup, daytime takes place when it would have been night a week ago, and vice-versa. (This would also work with 11 hour days, so you could notice the passing of an entire day over just the half a day you are awake, and would also have the benefit of the offset day.)

But I have to say, being a WoW player, it is first of all very fun to have day/night cycles, and makes the game much more realistic. (Especially with sunsets and sunrises in Booty Bay in the Eastern Kingdoms. The clouds are great, and make it seem actually tropical when they turn purple and such over the ocean.) Another great thing is we have a specific server to play on, and each server has it's own time. The server I am on happens to have the same time as my local time, so the sun sets when the sun sets here, and the sun rises when it rises here. That also means daytime is during daytime, and night time is during night time, which makes your gameplay much more imersing.

I don't think you're going to get a ton of responses to this just because of the fact everyone has wanted day and night (especially if it's optional) for a very very long time. People are probably too lazy to respond to something so known to be saught after.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I don't think you're going to get a ton of responses to this just because of the fact everyone has wanted day and night (especially if it's optional) for a very very long time. People are probably too lazy to respond to something so known to be saught after.

What kind of responses?

I've played a game (can't think of which one it was) that would have 3 hours of day - 1 hour of night. You wouldn't need the day/night to run on a real time schedule. Personally I wouldn't want to play at night while the game was in night mode the entire time.

Some places like dungeons are too dark even on the brightest setting so having a night mode would cause problems unless they address it properly.

There are items such as lantern , torch, etc... :wall:

Some places like dungeons are too dark even on the brightest setting so having a night mode would cause problems unless they address it properly.

There are items such as lantern , torch, etc... :wall:

Thats what I was going to say.

At night, perhaps every NPC would have a option when you talk to them "What are you doing out here without a torch? Ill sell you one..."

Would be a nice little addon, just another little thing to make the game more appealing.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Heres another drawing i made :D

121rf7.png

nice idea you got. i would like to see it ingame :D but i think it would be best if it where server desided(night in the server when its night in the country) and optional. then it would pwn and people could't complain at all :thumbup: =D>

ps. nice picture :lol:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

That be something, definitly make runescape a little more interesting day to day having to worry about bringing a light source if you want to see extra well.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

I like the idea in theory. The more realism the better.

Although, here's a problem you may not have considered: What if you're in the wilderness, say, during the daytime, and you log out. When you come back hours or days later, you won't know what time it is (this could be solved by a game clock on the main site). You're left with a choice, either go it dangerously into the night, or log out and wait until daylight.

I'd love to see a solution other than carrying a light source with you at all times. I would find that annoying.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I like the idea in theory. The more realism the better.

Although, here's a problem you may not have considered: What if you're in the wilderness, say, during the daytime, and you log out. When you come back hours or days later, you won't know what time it is (this could be solved by a game clock on the main site). You're left with a choice, either go it dangerously into the night, or log out and wait until daylight.

I'd love to see a solution other than carrying a light source with you at all times. I would find that annoying.

Well i was thinking "Night", Not pitch Dark lol. :?

If it was Pitch Dark: all newbies in f2p will get lost rofl.

Not bad, but night has to be blue-ish instead of black-ish because then we don't see anything. Sometimes it's already bad enough with brightness at max.

2480+ total