Runescape Night-Day mode + You think Jagex planning this?

Dire_Wolf

May I sugest you go to visit draynor manor. It looks like nightime there, here's a screenshot, on max brightness and 100% unedited.

nighttime.png

One solution to day-night could be each day being only a few hours long. Eg 3 hours is one 24 hour cycle. But I don't like the solution of having to carry lamps, unless it doesn't take an inventory space, as it could ruin a lot of set ups. On the GTA games, each second of real time is one game minute, which leads to 24 minute days. That would be an interesting idea although the days would be too short. If you were to have 3 hour days, each 7 and a half seconds would be one minute, which seems reasonable. And you could have a clock in one of the corners.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

I am currently working on a Light source suggestion, which solves "It's so dark as it is".

It will defintely bright up the surroundings very nicely ::'

Not bad, but night has to be blue-ish instead of black-ish because then we don't see anything. Sometimes it's already bad enough with brightness at max.

*I agree

There are already areas of the map which are in perminant darkness such as morytania. I think this would be a bad idea

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I guess it could change from night to day and day to night every 3 hours or something, that would be rather cool.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

There are already areas of the map which are in perminant darkness such as morytania. I think this would be a bad idea

There is difference between "Perminant darkness" and "Night":

Night - Full of life and there is light sources lit everywhere

Darkness : Dark as hell :lol:

On some peoples monitors the dark areas in runescape are almost pitch black already. Having a night mode would mean some people wouldnt be able to play RS at all as it would be too dark.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

On some peoples monitors the dark areas in runescape are almost pitch black already. Having a night mode would mean some people wouldnt be able to play RS at all as it would be too dark.

My new suggestion that i am gonna suggest : involves light.

Theres a reason everyone has lights in their house. There's a reason the cities is filled with light when it's night...

THERE also a reason Light sources are made in Runescape: AND I am gonna show you that, ::'

What happens if your light goes out? Or you drop it? Or if you light automaticly how does that work with the canon of Runescape when you need lights for quests?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

What happens if your light goes out? Or you drop it? Or if you light automaticly how does that work with the canon of Runescape when you need lights for quests?

Well the suggestion i am gonna suggest: involves that you can wield Candle, Lantern, Lamps and so on...

It will provide great light wherever you go.

;)

Well the suggestion i am gonna suggest: involves that you can wield Candle, Lantern, Lamps and so on...

It will provide great light wherever you go.

;)

What if it goes out and you don't have a tinderbox? And if it "never" goes out how would quests work around this? What about taking a light into lumbridge swamp caves?...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I don't think much can make a lit candle go out, expect monsters and so on...and if it is that candles go out after a while then Jagex can simply make it last based on "Duration"...

so let's say you got a candle : you use it and it says "Candle: 100%"...meaning it has 100% duration left.

Once it hits 0, it will disappear and you gotta buy a new candle at general shop.

2nd i don't know what u mean by how it will affect quests.

3rd If you go lumby swamps a candle or watever will provide light for you....further more candles is a risk.

I don't think much can make a lit candle go out, expect monsters and so on...and if it is that candles go out after a while then Jagex can simply make it last based on "Duration"...

so let's say you got a candle : you use it and it says "Candle: 100%"...meaning it has 100% duration left.

Once it hits 0, it will disappear and you gotta buy a new candle at general shop.

2nd i don't know what u mean by how it will affect quests.

3rd If you go lumby swamps a candle or watever will provide light for you....further more candles is a risk.

What if the light runs out to 0% while in the wildy and it goes pitch black? "omg jajexx i losted my items in wildy died when light went out give stuff back !!11112oneoen"

In certain quests you need a specific kind of light source to go to relevant areas, how would it work when you have a perminant light source which you weild instead?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

That it being "Night" does not mean you can't see anything, it means it's darker with effects of "Night"...Some guy on thread said it should be "blue" not black and i agree. A blue atmosphere covering the game....with some effects.

So if you go wilderness it will be easy to get around, but it will be a bit darker and gloomy. Also there are ALOT LIGHT SOURCES in Runescape. Example: Mining guild , there is torches (they are not so good but thats a example). So Clearness of game won't change much.

Also, those certain quest you mention is probably "Fist of guthix" and "Lunar Diplomacy"....Sapphire Lantern and Emerald Lantern. For your info, these can also be "USED" to provide LIGHT! So there is serveal choices of light resources. Where candle is poorest. (Emerald and Sapphire lanterns by the way is best choice)

and you can wear one and take it off, just like a weapon.

Here's how i was thinking it will look.. But this is a screenshot i made. Jagex can make it tons better. \'

2121312sk8.png

Those were not the quests i was talking about. Think boots of lightness or haunted mine.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Those were not the quests i was talking about. Think boots of lightness or haunted mine.

What about them??? Dude i'm totally confused....

ANY LIGHT SOURCE works in every dark areas/caves.....!

so tell me, what do you mean with tempel of ikov and haunted mine quest...

The point is that you need to collect a light source in order to light up the area. If you had a wieldable light source for everywhere it would cut out a part of the quest.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The point is that you need to collect a light source in order to light up the area. If you had a wieldable light source for everywhere it would cut out a part of the quest.

I don't get what your pointing at...

Then I give up trying to explain. I'm sure other people understand my point I do not need to go into more detail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Then I give up trying to explain. I'm sure other people understand my point I do not need to go into more detail.

From what i remember , u didnt say wht quest exactly + what part ...

i am a "people" who are above the avage iq. but i don't know what the hell you talking about -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Weildable light sources which have a timer (not miners helmet) do not work with the canon (storyline) of runescape. That aside there are technical reasons why its not feasable which I have also explained.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Weildable light sources which have a timer (not miners helmet) do not work with the canon (storyline) of runescape. That aside there are technical reasons why its not feasable which I have also explained.

Dude with all respect can you be more detailed?

What you mean by cannon?