"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Oh perfect. That way she'll have no choice BUt to hold onto you when she's scared. Or it could be other way around, but I think you protecting her would be much more manly then leaving a women to protect you.

NOT that I think women can't protect us, but that's what conclusion some guys jump to on this kind of subject.

im seeing "One Missed Call" its a horror movie

Grab her arm really quickly at the scary parts and make her squeal :XD:

but I think you protecting her would be much more manly

That's why I'm with my partner. He sucks at kissing, he's a tight [wagon], and he couldn't be romantic if his life depended on it but he makes me feel safe. When his arms are around me, nothing can hurt me. No other guy can make me feel that way. I can sit on the back of our motorbike and close my eyes the whole trip, that's how much faith I have in him.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

That's why I'm with my partner. He sucks at kissing, he's a tight [wagon], and he couldn't be romantic if his life depended on it but he makes me feel safe. When his arms are around me, nothing can hurt me. No other guy can make me feel that way. I can sit on the back of our motorbike and close my eyes the whole trip, that's how much faith I have in him.

so the who feeling of protecting and tremendous amount of faith on a person is extremely important? I knew it was important but didn't realize it was so vital. I assume it's because it's one of the qualities of a "real man"?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

so the who feeling of protecting and tremendous amount of faith on a person is extremely important? I knew it was important but didn't realize it was so vital. I assume it's because it's one of the qualities of a "real man"?

Nope, that's just what Goddess looks for in a partner.

Each of us has different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. More often than not, when we find someone else attractive, they have the qualities we ourselves lack.

There are many girls that despise protective guys. It invades their own individuality.

Nope, that's just what Goddess looks for in a partner.

Each of us has different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. More often than not, when we find someone else attractive, they have the qualities we ourselves lack.

There are many girls that despise protective guys. It invades their own individuality

Ok that does make sense but only to a certain extent. What about all the specific qualities that people have like those who are "naturals" at pickup up women. They all seem to work reguardless of the woman's "type" and they all have something to do with confidence. Now I believe that protecting someone (within reason, because obviously anything can be done in excess and be irritating which explains why it would repulse someone) is one of those traits is it not?

Edit: Oh and I highly doubt that Goddess lacks protective qualities :lol: :

Come here and let me test it out. First I'll light you up and then after I'll spray you in the eyes. Maybe, then IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll even combine the two, causing you to be both blind and pretty much ablaze. Sound like a plan? :-k

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

As warrior just hit the nail on the head (usually does, switched on guy :D ) it totally depends on each girls personality.

I seem like a tough biker chick with tattoos and an out spoken opinion but trust me on the inside I'm a marshmallow and would do anything to help someone. Double cross I and throw stones at me though and I'll cast a brick. That's my personality.

I'm over protective; I take to a few people and put them under my wing. If anyone hurt them they would see a side of me, no one thought existed. I don't let anyone degrade me or say anything which means they're better than me. We're equal or I'll deflate your ego to bring you back down to Earth.

I'm stubborn and too proud. That's why I chose one person that is equally (not more and not less) dominant than I, to trust and show the other side of me, no one else gets to. In return I feel protected and connected to him wholly.

He is the only person who gets to see me upset, cry, admit that I've got a problem etc

Funny thing is if I'm down, he's my rock. If he's down, I'm his rock. Even Hercules needed someone to temporarily hold the world on his shoulders before he came back to conquer it.

Sometimes I cry on his shoulder, other days when he's not so proud, he cries on mine. He never lets anyone else see him down. I love that he makes me feel safe and I also love that he needs me too.

If I yell at him and try to walk on him, he'll deflate my ego and bring me back down to an equal with him, just as I do. If I demand, he says no, just as I do.

It balances out pretty smoothly, I have an ego that doesn't want to be ruined and I also have a need for a real man that needs to grow some balls and stick up for me no matter what, equal dominance for the win. Although, contrary to some people's beliefs on this board I believe it comes down to individual needs.

Sensitive jerk comes to mind.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Sensitive jerk comes to mind.

maybe...but something else comes to my mind when you explained your relationship in vague detail: just what a relationship should be.

to me, a relationship is for two people to have companionship and to travel along life's "ladder" and help each other climb it, support one another, and keep on trucking along and stopping when you have to bring them back on the ladder.

if you aren't being bettered as a person and/or you aren't bettering your partner as an individual...then you shouldn't be together, because a relationship is about making each other better people as a whole.

good on ya Goddess with your realization of all that...because a lot of women don't. i feel very bad for them. they feel like they need someone for them to be happy and just don't understand what a relationship should be: the betterment as individuals. my aunt used to tell me stories that in her teens, girls would write down: Mrs. __________...like they had no individuality and were waiting for some guy to come along and give them purpose.

That is true I was just explaining that feeling safe isn't every chicks necessity to Sol.

You're right though, gotta be a team 8-) "We ride together, we die together"

igoddessIsig.png

Play a board game and stick a note on one of the pick up cards saying 'will you go out with me?' it will catch her by surprise and even if she says no, just tell her you wanted to make her laugh and you knew it would 8-)

Or a card trick (if you know any that name the last standing card, write it on the piece of paper).

I know it was a while back, but do you remember that suggestion that went something like: Ask ____ to do something (ie movies, etc). Hopefully they'll ask if you mean like a date. Then you tell them if they want it to be. If they say no, you can easily play it off. If they say yes, you just got a date and they feel like it was their idea.

Maybe I butchered it but it all works in my head and I liked it when I saw the original post :P

I went looking for it but can't find it :P

I think it was something like next time she asks you to do something (like the movies, or lunch) ask her playfully if she's asking you out on a date. If she says no, laugh it off (because you said it playfully, it was just flirty fun) and if she says yes, you just scored yourself a date and they actually think it was their idea :P

I can't remember who I gave that advice to but they said it scored them a date and a kiss, so that was pretty cool.

igoddessIsig.png

Now, I know this will be weird for you people here, but I don't want to ask how to get a girlfriend. I really wanted to ask how not to get one.

There is this girl at my school I really like, and I'm pretty sure that she feels me friendly. In fact, I'm quite interested to get to know her better, and I was thinking of inviting her somewhere soon. However, my problem is that I don't really want to get into a love relationship at the moment, and especially not with her, but what I really wanted is to have a friendly relationship with her. Seeing that this happens the other way around, I'd be afraid that she thinks I'm interested in her as a girlfriend, and eventually hurting her feelings. Any advice on this?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Now, I know this will be weird for you people here, but I don't want to ask how to get a girlfriend. I really wanted to ask how not to get one.

There is this girl at my school I really like, and I'm pretty sure that she feels me friendly. In fact, I'm quite interested to get to know her better, and I was thinking of inviting her somewhere soon. However, my problem is that I don't really want to get into a love relationship at the moment, and especially not with her, but what I really wanted is to have a friendly relationship with her. Seeing that this happens the other way around, I'd be afraid that she thinks I'm interested in her as a girlfriend, and eventually hurting her feelings. Any advice on this?

give her advice...especially pertaining to guys, act overly nice, compliment her often, be there around all the time, avoid touching

Tell her exactly what you're looking for. I'd be mad if I was her but I'd appreciate your honesty. If you were never honest with me and lied to protect my feelings, I'd actually be angrier at you for lying/misleading me.

I can't promise you she'll agree to have fun with you though. That really depends on what she wants too. One mistake women do make though is by thinking that if she has fun with you, she can make you fall in love with her. They become emotionally attached after telling you they wouldn't and you are still left with a problem :ohnoes:

really wanted to ask how not to get one

You're better off being blunt but if you really want to scare a chick off, be overly nice, always give in, go shopping with her and hold her bags, watch chick flicks with her and compliment her all the time.

igoddessIsig.png

I went looking for it but can't find it :P

I think it was something like next time she asks you to do something (like the movies, or lunch) ask her playfully if she's asking you out on a date. If she says no, laugh it off (because you said it playfully, it was just flirty fun) and if she says yes, you just scored yourself a date and they actually think it was their idea :P

I can't remember who I gave that advice to but they said it scored them a date and a kiss, so that was pretty cool.

i do that often....especially with girls i've been on dates with before.

like one girl was like just randomlly..."i'm hungry.." *3 minute pause* "i really want some chipoltle but i'm too lazy"

i just playfully said "are you implying you'd like to go out for lunch with me right now dear?"

she of course said "haha...no"...but then i just said "well i'll be over in 20 mins"

works like a charm \'

Alright, where to start...

This schoolyear, I notice that some girls like me. Dont get me wrong, I am not showing off about it to you. Last time I posted here and I said the same, I got called a show off :P . Im not like that at all.

I have always been a quiet person, I never liked to be in the centre of attention. When I was 15 years of age, I wanted to change who I was because I didnt want to be that quiet guy anymore. I wanted to have better social skills, being able to talk to people normally and getting new contacts. I am 16 years old now and things seem to go pretty well, I am alot more confident of myself than I was back then. I like to talk to people I dont know yet, but there is still room for improvement.

Back to the 'girl' thing. It feels good to know that girls seem like you, but I have come to the conclusion that this isnt progressing in any way. 90% of the girls that give me 'looks' and seem to talk about me havent spoken to me, and I havent spoken to them. Simply because we never meet, we only see eachother at school.

There are 3 girls that I could talk to, (and I know they like me) looking at friends/work/church etc/

Girl 1: She goes to the same church as me, and I have known her since I was a baby. We havent talked much yet, but I really want to know more about her. She had a boyfriend for...a month? but she seems to have broken up yesterday.

Girl 2: Sister of a friend of mine. Me, 2 drop out friends, she and her best friend played at the table soccer once, that was long ago. She seems to be a bit more introvert, like me but she seems like a nice girl.

Girl 3: Talked to her a few times at work, she is very open and has alot of friends. We both work on fridays so there are plenty of chances to have a chat. I wonder if we could work out, because she is the only one of these 3 who parties. And I dont party :)

And time is running out, I am in the last year of highschool and I will be studying for my exams in ..April/May. It would be such a shame if I would let this pass by. #-o

Could someone help me with this situation, I am quite new to this. And the plan is to get a girlfriend sooner than my dad in his teenager years, he was 20 when he got his first girlfriend :P My mom. :)

Feel free to ask me anything I forgot to tell, its 22:35 and I need to go to school tomorrow so Im going to sleep now.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

This schoolyear, I notice that some girls like me. Dont get me wrong, I am not showing off about it to you. Last time I posted here and I said the same, I got called a show off. Im not like that at all.

I have always been a quiet person, I never liked to be in the centre of attention. When I was 15 years of age, I wanted to change who I was because I didnt want to be that quiet guy anymore. I wanted to have better social skills, being able to talk to people normally and getting new contacts. I am 16 years old now and things seem to go pretty well, I am alot more confident of myself than I was back then. I like to talk to people I dont know yet, but there is still room for improvement.

Back to the 'girl' thing

Ok this is going to be no help at all but I have done almost exactly the same thing. From being the quiet "normal" (and geeky in my case) guy that's just "there" and doesn't try to get too much attention to the outgoing warm confident and social party-goer who improvises his own dance moves. I believe that, actually, it's not necessarily about changing your personality or who you are, it's just that you're maturing as a person.

One of the times where I really changed was when I went to high-school prom. I went just because I didn't want to miss out on the experience but none of my close friends were going so I was kinda stranded. That really put my social skills to the test and all of a sudden I had people asking me "hey, how come I don't see you going out much" or "I didn't know you were a party person". Felt great. Then, this past fall I went to various social events at school and started going out to bars. Relationships and dating is the obvious next step. So anyways, moral of the story is that social gatherings of ANY kind (not limited to clubs/bars) open you up socially.

Now let's see if I can provide something useful:

It feels good to know that girls seem like you, but I have come to the conclusion that this isnt progressing in any way. 90% of the girls that give me 'looks' and seem to talk about me havent spoken to me, and I havent spoken to them. Simply because we never meet, we only see eachother at school.

What I've noticed about school is that people are constantly weighed down by schoolwork and assignments. Now a lot of people and mostly girls seem to be (in my experience) not too social during the schoolday. It's not like they don't talk but they are less open. Where this changes is at parties or bars where everyone doesn't care about school/work, have no more pressure and simply want to have fun. Wanna socialize more with girls? Go out to parties or any activities when they aren't burdened by work.

Girl 1: She goes to the same church as me, and I have known her since I was a baby. We havent talked much yet, but I really want to know more about her. She had a boyfriend for...a month? but she seems to have broken up yesterday.

Depending on circumstances she might not be ready for a relationship right away.

Girl 2: Sister of a friend of mine. Me, 2 drop out friends, she and her best friend played at the table soccer once, that was long ago. She seems to be a bit more introvert, like me but she seems like a nice girl.

Ask her out. The only difficulty would be the awkwardness around your friend.

Girl 3: Talked to her a few times at work, she is very open and has alot of friends. We both work on fridays so there are plenty of chances to have a chat. I wonder if we could work out, because she is the only one of these 3 who parties. And I dont party

Now out of the 3 it sounds like she would be the ideal. Try and go out to parties where she is

BlueSig6.jpg

Give a different guy to chase after. Kind of like throwing someone else into the line of fire to save yourself. If she's interested in some one else, chances are she won't think of you as a potential boyfriend.

This schoolyear, I notice that some girls like me. Dont get me wrong, I am not showing off about it to you. Last time I posted here and I said the same, I got called a show off . Im not like that at all.

Back to the 'girl' thing. It feels good to know that girls seem like you, but I have come to the conclusion that this isnt progressing in any way. 90% of the girls that give me 'looks' and seem to talk about me havent spoken to me, and I havent spoken to them. Simply because we never meet, we only see eachother at school.

There are 3 girls that I could talk to, (and I know they like me) looking at friends/work/church etc/

Girl 3: Talked to her a few times at work, she is very open and has alot of friends. We both work on fridays so there are plenty of chances to have a chat. I wonder if we could work out, because she is the only one of these 3 who parties. And I dont party

And time is running out, I am in the last year of highschool and I will be studying for my exams in ..April/May. It would be such a shame if I would let this pass by.

Could someone help me with this situation, I am quite new to this. And the plan is to get a girlfriend sooner than my dad in his teenager years, he was 20 when he got his first girlfriend My mom.

Feel free to ask me anything I forgot to tell, its 22:35 and I need to go to school tomorrow so Im going to sleep now.

Well, I'm really no good in these kind of situations, but if you really want my input:

Girl 1: she's religious, and since you've known her for so long, you may want to hold off for a real relationship with her. You seem to be looking for a short term thing

Girl 2: Sister of a friend? don't go there. If things get gly between you two at some point, it will get ugly between you and a lot of other people. Not a road you really want to go down, unless you really like her.

Girl 3: Party girl? sweet. They're loads of fun, even if you're not usually a party person. If you're looking for some short term fun; go for this girl.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

*sigh*

That girl I like (let's call her Sarah) got back from a band trip to London. I sent her message, and, well, I haven't heard from her since. I'm at that point where I'm trying to give myself hope but at the same time creating a safe "pillow" of other things to fall back onto if it all goes awry.

Known her 5 months (about), we ran together a couple times, she seems affectionate around me, don't know if she likes me or not. I'm also one of those guys you is "no push." I don't want to make someone do something they don't want to do.

I just want this to go somewhere, 'cause last winter I was having some trouble/was depressed, etc. and I don't want to go there again.

I'd appreciate any advice that you good people would be willing to offer. :)

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

*sigh*

That girl I like (let's call her Sarah) got back from a band trip to London. I sent her message, and, well, I haven't heard from her since. I'm at that point where I'm trying to give myself hope but at the same time creating a safe "pillow" of other things to fall back onto if it all goes awry.

Known her 5 months (about), we ran together a couple times, she seems affectionate around me, don't know if she likes me or not. I'm also one of those guys you is "no push." I don't want to make someone do something they don't want to do.

I just want this to go somewhere, 'cause last winter I was having some trouble/was depressed, etc. and I don't want to go there again.

Send her another message, give her a call, just get ahold of her somehow. Don't let what could be a good thing go down the drain ;)

Thanks for the replies. Ill keep this in mind.

Depending on circumstances she might not be ready for a relationship right away.

Thats the thing, she didnt show interest in me (and reversed) because she was dating. And 2 days ago, she started acting like she did before the relationship with that other guy. She was online at MSN the same day, and I didnt see any kind of 'I love you [name]' in her screenname. But Ill try to check indeed if its really over between them.

Ask her out. The only difficulty would be the awkwardness around your friend.

Like I said before, she isnt the 'party type' at all. So asking her out would be out of the question :P . Funny thing is, One of the 2 friends that i had played that soccer game with told our group of friends that the other friend that I played the soccer game with seems to like Girl 2 too, but I dont think he will stand a chance to be honest. :)

Now out of the 3 it sounds like she would be the ideal. Try and go out to parties where she is

K, thanks.

@RpgGamer:

Well, I'm really no good in these kind of situations, but if you really want my input:

Girl 1: she's religious, and since you've known her for so long, you may want to hold off for a real relationship with her. You seem to be looking for a short term thing

Im not really looking for the short term thing, I just fear that 'if something would happen' we wouldnt be able to see eachother because I would be studying for my exams. But thats something I have to deal with.

Girl 2: Sister of a friend? don't go there. If things get gly between you two at some point, it will get ugly between you and a lot of other people. Not a road you really want to go down, unless you really like her.

I dont really talk that much to him, he is alot more quiet than I am. I dont think he would mind that I would date his sister.

Girl 3: Party girl? sweet. They're loads of fun, even if you're not usually a party person. If you're looking for some short term fun; go for this girl.

Alright, thanks.

Keep the replies coming, I could use any help. :-w

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I just want to befriend this girl but not as a girlfriend (I simply don't want to get a girlfriend at the moment). I'm asking how I should approach her without having the 'risk' of her falling in love with me.

[Edit] Ha. And to think I was actually gay, and that was the reason I just wanted to befriend the girl. It's funny. And why are you reading this? Don't stalk me.

Edited by meol

This signature is intentionally left blank.

*sigh*

Send her another message, give her a call, just get ahold of her somehow. Don't let what could be a good thing go down the drain ;)

Yeah, but I don't want to seem overprotective/obsessive of her. Also, she goes to another school, so I don't see her than often (which is good...?) but yeah, I could probably do that. Yeah, I really don't want to lose her...

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

No, I'm not gay if that's what you were implying. :wink:

I just want to befriend this girl but not as a girlfriend (I simply don't want to get a girlfriend at the moment). I'm asking how I should approach her without having the 'risk' of her falling in love with me.

Just hang out with her like any friend of yours. If she thinks you want to go out with her, and you don't, kindly tell her that you just want to be friends. It's much better to tell the truth than to end up having her find out you didn't want to be her boyfriend while you are dating.