Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

wait, which version should i be watching first. some vids say 'negima' and some say mahou sensei :?

NEVER, EVER guess on things when it come to anime. EVER.

A lesson I learned the hard way.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

South Park.

You troll better than the French surrender.

Had to fix that a bit.

No, no, the italian one was better suited. That, and it isn't cliche, for what that's worth.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

South Park.

You troll worse than Italians wage war.

epic burn.

from the other thread:

Clannad is one of my favourites of all time, and man you are lucky to have that as your first serious anime. I watched The melancholy first, then Lucky star as a logical progression, then Clannad followed simply because it was what KyoAni were doing that season.

Some of my other personal favourites are fullmetal panic (especially fumoffu) Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Death note, Love Hina, Chobits, Azumanga Daioh, Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Welcome to the NHK, Negima, MY-Hime and to a lesser extent My-Otome and all of its related sequel rubbish

Currently I'm watching

Code geass - Seriously all of you. Watch this, starting from season one. It is the most awesome thing on at the moment. I'm on the edge of my seat all week waiting for the next episode

Spice and wolf - slow paced, but nice plot and good artwork. I'm enjoying it so far.

Zero no tsukaima - Season 3 has just started and its decent. to be honest its pretty mindless fanservice most of the time, but its also damn funny.

Gundam 00 - In b4 LOLOLGUNDAM. Get a grip. Its a good series, the english dubs just raped them. I'm liking this a lot more than the older ones.

D. Gray Man - The only way I can think of describing this is bleach crossed with full metal alchemist. but to be honest, that makes it sound way more awesome than it actually is. Give it a look if you like them though.

And finally, just because I cant post in an anime thread without plugging my 2 favourite shows EVER

The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya

and

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

If you havent watched this, you have. not. lived. Simple as that.

Tk5SF.png

Clannad is one of my favourites of all time, and man you are lucky to have that as your first serious anime. I watched The melancholy first, then Lucky star as a logical progression, then Clannad followed simply because it was what KyoAni were doing that season.

Some of my other personal favourites are fullmetal panic (especially fumoffu) Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Death note, Love Hina, Chobits, Azumanga Daioh, Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Welcome to the NHK, Negima, MY-Hime and to a lesser extent My-Otome and all of its related sequel rubbish

Currently I'm watching

Code geass - Seriously all of you. Watch this, starting from season one. It is the most awesome thing on at the moment. I'm on the edge of my seat all week waiting for the next episode

Spice and wolf - slow paced, but nice plot and good artwork. I'm enjoying it so far.

Zero no tsukaima - Season 3 has just started and its decent. to be honest its pretty mindless fanservice most of the time, but its also damn funny.

Gundam 00 - In b4 LOLOLGUNDAM. Get a grip. Its a good series, the english dubs just raped them. I'm liking this a lot more than the older ones.

D. Gray Man - The only way I can think of describing this is bleach crossed with full metal alchemist. but to be honest, that makes it sound way more awesome than it actually is. Give it a look if you like them though.

And finally, just because I cant post in an anime thread without plugging my 2 favourite shows EVER

The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya

and

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

If you havent watched this, you have. not. lived. Simple as that.

Code Geass - Think Death Note but with robots. I agree its a good show, but not to that extent, you can often tell when something is about to happen thanks to LOLPLOTHAX.

Spice and Wolf - I enjoyed it actually. The artwork was nice and had a different story to the norm. Horo is also incredibly moe~.

ZnT - Yeah, its just fanservice. They veered so far from the actual story line now that they may as well just plow it into some sort of mountain made of boobs.

LOLOL GUNDAM

D. Gray Man - Havent watched it, but from your description of "bleach crossed with full metal alchemist", I think ill definately give it a miss.

Haruhi no Yuutsu - Its alright, a bit of a LOLWUT series if you watch it in the order they aired it in, which you should do, otherwise theres not a lot to it.

TTGL - LOL SUPAAAAAA DURILLUUUUUUU ATAKKUUUUUU

Clannad - I liked Clannad, but then again, I enjoy those soppy stories. Which is odd because I wouldnt go to watch a film or watched a real drama about the same story line.

Lucky Star - Again, I liked it, but probably because I understood a lot of the references and other culture differences. I wouldnt recommend it unless you do know about them, only half the jokes (if that) would make sense if you didnt. But if you do get the jokes, I recommend Hayate no Gotoku.

And incase you didnt know, theres a new series of Mahou Sensei Negima! Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba and Lucky Star starting soon. (15th and 29th of August respectively.)

knkcopy.jpg

hayate no gotoku was [bleep]ing great. All of the side characters were awesome (especially Isumi. Even though she got lost every episode it never ever got less funny.) and the general sillyness of it was just great.

Cad man, you're missing the point of ZnT. The main plot IS boobs, todays episode was entirely based around them fgs.

also, is it just a massive coincidence that louise and nagi, the two most annoyingly tsundere characters ever have the same VA? I think not.

I guess you dont like mecha shows. normally I'm not a fan, but Geass isnt really about the mecha (at least s1 wasnt) and Gurren Lagann is not a mecha show. It just happens to include the most badass one ever.

Tk5SF.png

Watched a few episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's funny, but it's a little pervy, which is why I stopped at like episode 7. If you want to watch it, I definitely recommend the Japanese version with English subtitles, must better voice acting.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Watched a few episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's funny, but it's a little pervy, which is why I stopped at like episode 7. If you want to watch it, I definitely recommend the Japanese version with English subtitles, must better voice acting.

why does it sound like 99% of background music in Japanese sounds like it's straight of of Brawl :?

why does it sound like 99% of background music in Japanese sounds like it's straight of of Brawl :?

Doesn't seem that way 2 me and isn't some of the music from Brawl Italian or something like that?

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

You stopped at episode 7... 1 episode before the MASSIVE twist and the series turns on its head and becomes a ton more awesome.

Tk5SF.png

You stopped at episode 7... 1 episode before the MASSIVE twist and the series turns on its head and becomes a ton more awesome.

I lol'd :lol:

Why does anyone particularly care if it is "pervy"? Oh sweet lord I saw her panties, I must cleanse my eyes in a bath of fire and daggers.

And I would like to call you a filthy liar, sir, and I will do so because of your belief that american VAs can be better than the original seiyu. And I will again, because there is never any time that this statement is true.

knkcopy.jpg

the gundam series is my favorite g gundam or 00 is probably is my favorite of them

cant wait for 00 season 2

digimon 2nd then pokemon

i know i'm a nerd

It's ok a lot of people still like or have liked Pokemon :P

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Well, I hate to say it Jaziek, but I finally did catch up with Geass today. It's pretty good so far [not amazing, but okay] and I have to admit that I am getting into the plot and some of the relationships [Karen and Lelouch, for example, is sadly of interest]. It's finally naturalistic enough for me, so I think I'll keep watching.

It's interesting that everyone compares it to Death Note, and I felt much the same I suppose, in my own mind kind of thinking of it as a forced, okay fusion between that anime and Gundam. A key difference I've found though is that the intellectual combat is a very different kind of intelligience from DN. Code Geass seems to be entirely based upon chess-like mind games. Lelouch wins his battles with a screen in front of him telling him all his teammate and enemy positions, and acts as if playing a chess game. His opponents, namely Cornelia and Scheizel (sp?) are much the same in the way they think when in battles of wits with Lelouche. Apart from the chess aspect they don't seem all that smart, and sometimes even stupid in the way they act.

In DN, not once, ever do you see chess played, nor even a hint of chess-like thought process. It's all just advanced, essentially unemotional detective minds combatting each other, so intellectually speaking, it's better. Code Geass, thus, has the Gundam aspect, as well as the emotional relationships, as, from what I can tell, almost simply a compensation for the lesser intelligience of the show. Oh, and the fanservice. Christ almighty there's a bit much of that [is it just me or have they made that Karen's signature camera angle or something?].

SN: Who else really hates Nina's character? I'm having trouble thinking of a character in anything I've ever read or watched who is more annoying and pathetic than her :S.

Well, I hate to say it Jaziek, but I finally did catch up with Geass today. It's pretty good so far [not amazing, but okay] and I have to admit that I am getting into the plot and some of the relationships [Karen and Lelouch, for example, is sadly of interest]. It's finally naturalistic enough for me, so I think I'll keep watching.

It's interesting that everyone compares it to Death Note, and I felt much the same I suppose, in my own mind kind of thinking of it as a forced, okay fusion between that anime and Gundam. A key difference I've found though is that the intellectual combat is a very different kind of intelligience from DN. Code Geass seems to be entirely based upon chess-like mind games. Lelouch wins his battles with a screen in front of him telling him all his teammate and enemy positions, and acts as if playing a chess game. His opponents, namely Cornelia and Scheizel (sp?) are much the same in the way they think when in battles of wits with Lelouche. Apart from the chess aspect they don't seem all that smart, and sometimes even stupid in the way they act.

In DN, not once, ever do you see chess played, nor even a hint of chess-like thought process. It's all just advanced, essentially unemotional detective minds combatting each other, so intellectually speaking, it's better. Code Geass, thus, has the Gundam aspect, as well as the emotional relationships, as, from what I can tell, almost simply a compensation for the lesser intelligience of the show. Oh, and the fanservice. Christ almighty there's a bit much of that [is it just me or have they made that Karen's signature camera angle or something?].

SN: Who else really hates Nina's character? I'm having trouble thinking of a character in anything I've ever read or watched who is more annoying and pathetic than her :S.

you have no idea how much nina hate there is until you're full up to date with season 2. Yes, that is Kallen's signature angle and to be honest, it doesnt get any smarter, so to speak, as it goes on.

Tk5SF.png

I'm a giant death note fan :geek: . The night the show was released on Adult Swim, I promised myself right before the show came on that I was going to watch more anime over the next few months. Luckily, the next show on was a good one :ohnoes: . I ended up watching half of the episodes using subtitles that night ( :D )

Others shows that I like:

Cowboy Bebop

Azumanga Diaoh

FMA

Oddly enough, I'm not that big of a rurouni kenshin fan :oops: . Made my account when I was a lot younger.

---

Oh, and rebdragon, L is actually playing chess by himself one of the first times that Light is introduced to the investigation team. Light interrupted L's game and checkmated him almost instantly. Showed a little pre-conflict is you ask me 8-) .

(They don't play chess on a mental level like in Code Geass, like you said though ;) )

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

you have no idea how much nina hate there is until you're full up to date with season 2. Yes, that is Kallen's signature angle and to be honest, it doesnt get any smarter, so to speak, as it goes on.

I am up to date with season 2.

Oh, and rebdragon, L is actually playing chess by himself one of the first times that Light is introduced to the investigation team. Light interrupted L's game and checkmated him almost instantly. Showed a little pre-conflict is you ask me 8-) .

(They don't play chess on a mental level like in Code Geass, like you said though ;) )

You're going to have to tell me the episode/manga chapter on that one, 'cause I definitely don't recall it. When he was introduced to the investigation team he just went straight up to the TV and was asked about the second Kira, iirc :| .