Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

I'm not a fan of anime, but I used to watch Dragonball Z (back when Cartoon Network was good and Toonami was still alive) and I loved the show. I tried watching shows like One Piece and I just don't understand it. It seems rather random and the faces of the people look really obscure, kind of like some characters in Naruto except Naruto is a lot better IMHO.

Offtopic: I find it slightly amusing that this thread is right next to the anti-anime thread ;)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'm not a fan of anime, but I used to watch Dragonball Z (back when Cartoon Network was good and Toonami was still alive) and I loved the show. I tried watching shows like One Piece and I just don't understand it. It seems rather random and the faces of the people look really obscure, kind of like some characters in Naruto except Naruto is a lot better IMHO.

Offtopic: I find it slightly amusing that this thread is right next to the anti-anime thread ;)

SET FAIL FOR ONE PIECE.

And try to watch something other than shounen powerlevel junk. Spending 5 episodes charging your power in AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and then using 30 seconds of the next episode to actually fight is barely entertaining.

Watch some slice of life animu if you find it confusing, theyre often portrayed alot closer to home (Home, of course, being Japan). Though choosing something like Lucky Star or Minami-ke may be going overboard, you wont understand a lot of it unless youre familiar with Japanese culture. Try something like Moyashimon, its about a boy who can see microbes, but its a lot better than it sounds. Also has a good OP/ED.

knkcopy.jpg

Try something like Moyashimon, its about an OMGWTF?! trap.

fixed.

also, ok, misunderstood you there reb. Yep, Nina is THE most hate-able character I've ever come across. I even like Rolo better than her, and thats bloody Rolo.

also also - watched the first death note live action. It was fairly decent, nothing compared to the anime / manga, right up until that last shot, which was one of the OH MY GOD AWESOME! moments that made the anime great.

Tk5SF.png

you have no idea how much nina hate there is until you're full up to date with season 2. Yes, that is Kallen's signature angle and to be honest, it doesnt get any smarter, so to speak, as it goes on.

I am up to date with season 2.

Oh, and rebdragon, L is actually playing chess by himself one of the first times that Light is introduced to the investigation team. Light interrupted L's game and checkmated him almost instantly. Showed a little pre-conflict is you ask me 8-) .

(They don't play chess on a mental level like in Code Geass, like you said though ;) )

You're going to have to tell me the episode/manga chapter on that one, 'cause I definitely don't recall it. When he was introduced to the investigation team he just went straight up to the TV and was asked about the second Kira, iirc :| .

I'm watching the series again as we speak, I'll get back to you in a day or so. But the scene wasn't major, the match was all going on while they were in conversation, just a little sub-conflict to add more emphasis to the conversation =P~ .

EDIT: Aargh, you were right. I got that awful Death Note movie mixed up with the series :x . In the (horrible) movie, when they play chess, it's equivalent to the tennis match with Light vs. L in the series.

Sorry again :oops: :cry: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Jaziek, I thought the Fm series already finished, unless they're going to do more :| ? Could you put in hide tags for me how it ended and how they are going to begin the second one? I've seen all the episodes but never the manga so I'm a bit confused.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Jaziek, I thought the Fm series already finished, unless they're going to do more :| ? Could you put in hide tags for me how it ended and how they are going to begin the second one? I've seen all the episodes but never the manga so I'm a bit confused.

[hide=FMA spoiler, may or may not be correct]I believe that Ed's brother (Al?) is the philosophers stone.[/hide]

How are they going to carry it on? Find another way, probably.

But I just finished watching Kaiji and its awesome. Some logical guessing, but most of it can actually be followed if using the same train of thought. Ending was pretty unsatisfactory, but allows for a sequel. Kaiji is moe~.

I suppose ill finish watching S1 of Shakugan no Shana and then probably watch Akagi. Or if someone bothers to sub the new series of Negima, ill get that. And then august 29th means S2 of Lucky Star, so ill probably have to get that aswell. FFFFFFFF

knkcopy.jpg

. And then august 29th means S2 of Lucky Star,

ok this completely flew under my radar. Who the hell are they making it about? you cant really have yutaka walking around as a "senior" girl, you'd have to have a bloody foetus as a first year by comparison.

Tk5SF.png

Something incredible happened and now I bestow it upon you all.

[hide=ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!]1219340728424.jpg

1219340805920.jpg

1219340865906.jpg

1219340926560.jpg

1219340968627.jpg

1219341027481.jpg

1219341108031.jpg

1219341138531.jpg

1219341187482.jpg

1219344555454.jpg

1219344842038.jpg[/hide]

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!

ok this completely flew under my radar. Who the hell are they making it about? you cant really have yutaka walking around as a "senior" girl, you'd have to have a bloody foetus as a first year by comparison.

I have no idea, but id assume so. I expect itll reverse the roles, so the younger year is now the focus and having the original crew make guest appearances. They had better keep that GAR [bleep] Shiraishi, though.

Being a Furry I look at a lot of Furry anime/manga, but other than that erm... Chobits is good. Thats all I can think of :?

FFFFF YIFF IN HELL

knkcopy.jpg

Something incredible happened and now I bestow it upon you all.

[hide=ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!]1219340728424.jpg

1219340805920.jpg

1219340865906.jpg

1219340926560.jpg

1219340968627.jpg

1219341027481.jpg

1219341108031.jpg

1219341138531.jpg

1219341187482.jpg

1219344555454.jpg

1219344842038.jpg[/hide]

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!

I have no idea, but id assume so. I expect itll reverse the roles, so the younger year is now the focus and having the original crew make guest appearances. They had better keep that GAR [bleep] Shiraishi, though.

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!

also, shiraishi is nothing compared to anime tenchou.

Tk5SF.png

Being a Furry I look at a lot of Furry anime/manga, but other than that erm... Chobits is good. Thats all I can think of :?

FFFFF YIFF IN HELL

Ha, what is it with certain people and their hatred of Furries? :roll:

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

FFFFF YIFF IN HELL

Ha, what is it with certain people and their hatred of Furries? :roll:

you want to make love to a person dressed up as my pet cat.

I'm not sure my pet cat is comfortable with this

I like my pet cat

I'm looking out for his best interests.

in all seriousness though, I'll hold nothing against you for being a furry, I just think its a bit weird.

Tk5SF.png

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

Reb will now be shaking with anticipation for the next X years until this comes out. Now I have a reason to finish the first one as well.

HOLY [cabbage].

I ran out of words. Almost: This could be difficult, especially since there's already a series that follows the manga somewhat and diverges... but, if this is legit, and it comes out well, well, see above.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ok this crap is just getting ridiculous.

[hide=Geass 20]When suzaku said "it was a great success" to Nina, it was the best "BUUUUUUUURN!!" moment ever.

I'm glad proper C.C is back, because the other one was annoying.

A coup eh? didn't see that coming, and also,

Lloyd is awesome

Anya/Marianne (WTF?!?!) is awesome.[/hide]

Tk5SF.png

Ok this crap is just getting ridiculous.

[hide=Geass 20]When suzaku said "it was a great success" to Nina, it was the best "BUUUUUUUURN!!" moment ever.

I'm glad proper C.C is back, because the other one was annoying.

A coup eh? didn't see that coming, and also,

Lloyd is awesome

Anya/Marianne (WTF?!?!) is awesome.[/hide]

[hide=lol wut]The loss of moe moe C.C is a great loss to this world.

Also this episode had some great faces in it;

lookinkindacoolthere.jpg

Poor Rivalz has been left in the dark all this time whereas everyone else has moved on (or DIED LOLOL) or been involved.[/hide]

knkcopy.jpg