Duel arena in pvp: ultimate f2p melee xp?

mister_moocky

The duel arena's lobby is single combat. It contains a healer, giving you health, and an altar, giving you prayer. The healer has a right-click -> heal option, and you can use it in combat, I've tried it myself, it doesn't even take a combat 'round' you can go straight back to fighting. It seems that if you had a willing friend you could slap on some void and just keep trying to kill eachother for almost constant combat?

Edit:

You've brought up some good points, but I think it may be best for f2p because they don't have access to bandits, ape, ect, and can't get items like guthans, prayer potions, or b2p tabs. Especially if they're pures since they'll have 1 def.

Changed the title to f2p.

quit

Requires too much micromanagement. I'd rather spend that time PKing/hunting monsters and gain cash, and spend that cash on prayer pots to use at Bandits 74.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The duel arena's lobby is single combat. It contains a healer, giving you health, and an altar, giving you prayer. The healer has a right-click -> heal option, and you can use it in combat, I've tried it myself, it doesn't even take a combat 'round' you can go straight back to fighting. It seems that if you had a willing friend you could slap on some void and just keep trying to kill eachother for almost constant combat?

:thumbup:

Very nice find, I'll check it out when I got time.

Requires too much micromanagement. I'd rather spend that time PKing/hunting monsters and gain cash, and spend that cash on prayer pots to use at Bandits 74.

pest control used to require constant attention for maximum xp. i'm sure if this actually yields high xp rates people would do it

fishing.gif

pest control used to require constant attention for maximum xp. i'm sure if this actually yields high xp rates people would do it

Either way it can't be much better than 74 bandits with piety. 74 bandits have highish hp, low defense, and allow for continuous combat (it's multi), you don't have to move.

This method requires you to walk back and forth from the altar to healer, plus your opponent's gonna have high def.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Either way it can't be much better than 74 bandits with piety. 74 bandits have highish hp, low defense, and allow for continuous combat (it's multi), you don't have to move.

This method requires you to walk back and forth from the altar to healer, plus your opponent's gonna have high def.

74 bandits? O.O i'd love to see 74 bandits, plz tell me where!

He means the Level 74 bandits #-o

He means the Level 74 bandits #-o

No way.

2j3qh46.jpg

You can already get 100k+ exp per hour at zombie monkeys which are almost completely safe, relatively cheap, and very afk-able. I seriously doubt this could be much better, and even if it is you have to have two people putting 100% of their concentration on the game.

Of course it could be good for f2p since they can't normally train with melee prayers.

It would be great if some of you actually read what he said. He was talking about F2P'ers, obviously members have better places to train. -.-

This seems like it would be a good method of training as long as your defence isn't too high, so it'd probably be best for pures. Or it could always be one-sided if one of you have a pure wouldn't mind the other person whom may have high defence to just train on you.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

It would be great if some of you actually read what he said. He was talking about F2P'ers, obviously members have better places to train. -.-

It would be great if you knew the topic title was edited. Using void is still mentioned in his post too!

Now on topic, yes it would be quite a good place to go to train combat between friends on f2p. Neither has to wear armour, just use a rune scimmy, maybe rune gauntlets and a strength armour and slash and heal away.

Dark_Jab.png

/Facepalm -.-

Let's stay on topic. F2P, if you read carefully. Now, I'm just going to say, Duel Arena is pretty bad xp/hr. Short and sweet.

First of all, we had read it carefully and it didn't say F2P back then. And have you tested the xp/hour?

2j3qh46.jpg

It would be great if some of you actually read what he said. He was talking about F2P'ers, obviously members have better places to train.

This seems like it would be a good method of training as long as your defence isn't too high, so it'd probably be best for pures. Or it could always be one-sided if one of you have a pure wouldn't mind the other person whom may have high defence to just train on you.

Sorry if it was unclear, I edited the topic title to say f2p after a few posts.

Now on topic, yes it would be quite a good place to go to train combat between friends on f2p. Neither has to wear armour, just use a rune scimmy, maybe rune gauntlets and a strength armour and slash and heal away.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but there are no str boosting armor in f2p other then berserker shield (which would be a waste).

Let's stay on topic. F2P, if you read carefully. Now, I'm just going to say, Duel Arena is pretty bad xp/hr. Short and sweet.

I'm not sure you understand me, with the pvp you can fight eachother in the lobby and use the healer npc. I believe you're thinking of actual duels?

quit

God, this topic is messy. You've edited it like twice and it's still unclear. Anyways, I see what you mean. I thought you meant going into the actual mini-game, not sitting in the lobby in a PvP world, which you did not mention. That could actually be a good idea, except for the fact that people could attack you easily. And I'm pretty sure just training normally would have pros and cons over this.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

God, this topic is messy. You've edited it like twice and it's still unclear. Anyways, I see what you mean. I thought you meant going into the actual mini-game, not sitting in the lobby in a PvP world, which you did not mention. That could actually be a good idea, except for the fact that people could attack you easily. And I'm pretty sure just training normally would have pros and cons over this.

It's in the first sentance, and I've never changed that...

quit

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but there are no str boosting armor in f2p other then berserker shield (which would be a waste).

I think having rune gauntlets + str ammy along with a rune scimmy would provide all the str bonus an f2p player would need to do some good-ish damage to one another when they have no armour on. I didn't recommend the shield since it would simply be a waste. If you can just stalk the nurse and if she has a right click option? Then you can just camp for ages next to her.

Dark_Jab.png

Which areas of RuneScape are closed in a PvP world?

The following areas have been disabled on PvP worlds:

* Barbarian Assault

* Bounty Hunter

* Castle Wars

* Duel Arena

* Fist of Guthix

* Tears of Guthix

* Trouble Brewing

* TzHaar Fight Pit

* Falador Party Room

Source: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=815

TOPIC CLOSED