Barrows - Do you mind the degrading?

Goldenjkered

This is irrelevant to the topic really, but I would just like to point out to you, incase you dont already know, that your government has guidelines set as to the ammount of insect parts are allowed to be in food you buy from major companies. And no, the limit isnt zero. So basically if you ever eat or drink anything that was made by a major corporation, it has been tainted with disgusting ground up maggots that crawled into the flour grinder.

Have fun eating.

What are you on about? :|

The OP seems to have very picky eating habits. I just thought I should ease his mind and make his life a little easier.

O-kay... but you got it wrong! It's not maggots- it's cockroaches. They get everywhere. But even then, most foods have an extremely low content of unidentified substance. And that substance can be dirt, miscellaneous cuts of poorer meat, and stuff that just fell in. The only exception is the hot dog- it's allowed a high amount of rubbish. Remember Zoidberg- "Give me something crawling with parasites!"

I'm pretty sure spiders end up in food more often than maggots and cockroaches. Of course if it's pork you'll always have maggots in it, but I'm not really talking about meat products.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never used barrows because i do mind the degrading. i am not poor but i guess i didnt want to be trapped in a money hole.

i would have definately considered guthans until i had 300 bunyips in my bank. i think its pretty lame that i never graduated from rune and black dhides as my armour, maybe ill go get bandos, does it sell at median price at the GE?

NICKELEY102.png

Why is everyone talking about maggots, cockroaches and other sorts of stuff crawling into my food and drink :( I may never eat again now

But anyway I don't really notice the degrading anymore, repairing it became so normal that it started to feel weird when I didn't use barrows. Although I do have a weird thing where I need to repair it after every use or I can't concentrate on anything else.

I used to be bothered about it in the beginning, but now I don't even notice it anymore, in a way.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

When I was a member, this was all I used. This armor was AWESOME for its price, totally beats everything. And when you think about it, the degrading time seems like forever since other degrading items have come out (which are sometimes unrepiarable -.-) These items include things like FoG items and the new F2P dragon items. I was really looking forward to new pvp armor, and when I saw that it was degrading dragon armor (For F2P too, as I am now F2P) I got really excited. Then I see the degrading time of 30 minutes, whether you are in combat or not! I would have bought this armor just for looks, but I can't even do that...PHAIL Jagex...If you are gonna give something to F2P, at least make it worth while, or just don't do anything at all.

Big_Stingman.png

Barrows' repair costs are tiny, like <300k for a whole set after fifteen hours. You could make literally millions in fifteen hours of combat.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Barrows' repair costs are tiny, like <300k for a whole set after fifteen hours. You could make literally millions in fifteen hours of combat.

Said like that, it sounds quite expensive actually >.>

2480+ total

Living- Do you mind the breathing?

There's no alternative, so yes, I'm totally okay with the whole thing. Overall, if you're using the equipment right, you should be more than covering the cost, with extra income. Not much more to say..

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

To be honest, I never owned a Barrows set. But I can see how cheap it can really be to fix them.

When they first came out, I thought they were too expensive and the process of getting a set though the minigame would be most difficult.

Of course, prices change and so does my character. :D

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

I kind of know where your coming from, as I kind of OCD about it too...but not to the point where it makes me want to not use it. There is just something about it being unused and not worn....but it's very good armour...

w4M8t.png

Never really fancied barrows as a member. I bought full dh, killed a few guards with it, got panicky when "Dharok's everything has degraded a little!" appeared for full repair to 100, repaired it, then sold it back.

Thank goodness for rune :)

The whole reason I spent 19mil on Bandos Chestplate and Bandos Tassets was because it doesn't degrade. Otherwise I'd be wearing Torags right now...

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I do not mind the Barrows degrade when I am using pieces for Slayer, but for say..full Dharoks that I normally use for a good time I hate repairing it to sell it after. -.- But yeah, i do not mind for the most part.

Turnpikes.png

Why is everyone talking about maggots, cockroaches and other sorts of stuff crawling into my food and drink :( I may never eat again now

But anyway I don't really notice the degrading anymore, repairing it became so normal that it started to feel weird when I didn't use barrows. Although I do have a weird thing where I need to repair it after every use or I can't concentrate on anything else.

I have to repair it if I'm going to use it, usually at 75, which isn't often because I use dragon or possibly bandos.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

The only people who would have a problem with the degrading are people with OCD and people who can't afford the continued cost. Both of which are perfectly legitimate reasons. When I was a rather newbie member I bought full Verac as soon as I had the money and stats. It was foolish of me, not only was it about 6m at the time but I had virtually nothing to pay for the degrading. So I had to continue hallying blue dragons until I amassed a sum of a couple million so I could pay for the recharges and all my other needs besides barrows. Towards the end of my members career (over the summer) I had Full Verac, Dharok, Guthan, and Ahrim without the staff. I had 48m to spare. So the recharging was nothing more than a slight annoyance that I had to occasionally go get it recharged. But the cost was't too bad. You shoud only buy barrows if you've got plenty of cash leftover to spend on degrading and other expenses. It is a common mistake of newer players to buy barrows (or any item for that matter) as soon as they can and spend every cent they have on it, only to realize they have no leftover cash for recharging, emergencies, supplies, etc... I feel sorry for anyone with OCD, trying to use the Internet efficiently must be torture. I had a friend who just couldn't go to Wikipedia or other databases because he had the urge to click every link when he got to the main page. Barrows in Runescape is just another pain. There really isn't anything you can do about it, I guess the only solution is to find an alternative item set. Maybe save for bandos or buy full dragon if you need to save some cash.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.