Barrows - Do you mind the degrading?

Goldenjkered

Hmm it bugs me a lot, that's why I hardly use it anymore. But on the odd occasion that I do use it, it has to pay me back the money I spent on repairing it lol :lol: so I usually camp at abby demons to make it worthwhile. \'

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally with you on this one, dude. I like the bonuses, and it's got great value, but it always makes me feel like I'm wearing old, second-hand armor. For some reason dragon suff just seems cleaner to me. And I never use full barrows sets, so maybe there's something I'm missing out on, but I'm quite content with a d chain, d legs, and a helm of neitiznot.

Sir_Veysas.png

only barrow i use is dh legs which after 15 hours of play i can easily fix >.<

and i wont use any barrows after i can get back the money for tassets :(

yes and im annoyed by degrading as if i buy a vercs set for some fun pvp i then need to be bothered to go and fix it in my house :(

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

I was a barrow pure back in the day so all i ever used was barrows, and the cost is nothing compared to the amount a player can make during the 15 hours. Take the barrows mini game for example you can win the actual items and make money or dks or if your a tanker for gw's.

Pamont2.gif

Pamont2.gif

I barely have to repair it, like once per year at most, so no.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

For training, I don't use anything but barrows legs (purely because i'm ~5m short of tassets), there is no repair cost really. Bandos plate suffices more than enough in defence, the strength bonus is nice and I suppose the prayer bonus would make a difference over time aswell (+ it has the look leet factor :lol: ). Neitz helm/slayer helm woops barrow helms for training as well.

So that leaves me with verac skirt. With 70 smithing, a rather average level for any self respecting quester, a full repair of a V skirt is around 57k cash. I spend 3.8K cash per hour, to put that in comparison, if I got a 5k cash drop, I probably wouldn't even pick it up. It's possible to make 1000k+ per hour, and every average joe can make for 200k-300k+ per hour, so there's no excuse for not using barrow sets over armour like rune/dragon unless you can't afford the barrows pieces themselves (which are dirt cheap nowadays, anyway).

But in the end, Bandos takes my vote, I could care less if it had the same degrading system as barrows, it just looks too damn good ;)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I don't mind having to pay repair costs either. I am f2p at the moment, but when I am on members, I use Barrows armor. You have to factor in the cost over time. Much cheaper to buy initially than Dragon, looks cooler and better stats. It may eventually end up costing you more, but the price is deferred over time. It is a lot of hours of combat before it approaches the price.

I also use rune when I don't need Barrows. This helps as far as keeping the costs down.I have had idiots talk trash to me because I am level 100+ with rune. I think it is silly to see people wearing Barrows when they obviously do not need it. But I don't say anything to them. But if you only need rune, you only need rune. I don't wear things just to look cool all the time. I use what is sensible and does the job.

Barrow armor is pointless unless used without the full set, so when the whole set is in use, the bonus definitely outweigh the cost.

Not necessarily. I use Torags all the time with Dragon weapons, whip, or Ivandis flail. The set effect really doesn't have much use against opponents that don't retreat.

By the way. I hear rat droppings make it into our food at the processing plants too. Enjoy.

in4F.gif

I don't mind the degrading at all. I don't even mind mixing and matching barrows sets. Currently I am wearing torag's platebody and guthan's chainskirt :thumbsup: . I could easily pay for it even if it degraded in 5 hours, let alone 15!

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

The repair costs of Barrow armours is something you have to agree with before even buying the armour, if you don't want to repair your armours after, in this case, 15 hours, don't buy it :P

I don't really care about the repair costs. As is said before, this awesome armour with its great defensive stats and specials must have a catch. :)

I also use rune when I don't need Barrows. This helps as far as keeping the costs down.I have had idiots talk trash to me because I am level 100+ with rune. I think it is silly to see people wearing Barrows when they obviously do not need it. But I don't say anything to them. But if you only need rune, you only need rune. I don't wear things just to look cool all the time. I use what is sensible and does the job.

that's exactly what I do :D

dragon drops: 2h, Med (x4), spear (x3), legs (x3), skirt, left half

barrow drops: 45+ GWD drops: 1x steam, 1x bandos plate, 1x tasset, 4x shard

proud owner of the Quest Cape since March 28th 2008 - [554/555 songs unlocked]

99 cooking on April 5th 2008

99 magic on June 29th 2008

Dog to 100% (full grown) at 2nd day of Summoning! :)

I don't mind it at all. First of all those defence bonusses outweight the price of reaparing easily, and those prices aren't even high when you use your POH.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I understand the OCD thing, I kinda have the same thing. Barrow armour degards don't annoy me however b/c I rarely look at the number, but yes it's a bit irksome.

It's not something I can't deal with though, the armour totally pwns for a couple million. Thankfully it's not a lot to pay to repair it.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Less than 200k in 15 HOURS? What's that? A 13k per hour cost?

Plus repairing is a snap if you have an Armor Stand, and it's cheap with a solid smithing level.

I don't really mind that little number tbh, but sorry to hear about your problem there.

not really as the def bonuses are pretty good but one thing that

did annoy me.

I died while pking and my T legs protected over whip.

That was pretty annoying

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

For general use, the defensive bonuses of my Torag are well worth the repair costs.

For intense combat training (Like when I got my def to 99), I have to cheap out and get something that doesn't degrade though.My picture could be in the dictionary as the example for poor, and repairs get far too costly when you're repairing once every day-2 days.

Much like the OP, I view it as never really owning teh armour. Its more like a mortgage you can never pay off. I would consider using Barrows if I needed it (so guthans would be teh one I am most likely to use), but I dont even really like the look. Especialy guthans and torags look horrible (Guthans is the worst looks by far). My dragon armour, helm of neitiznot(e) and whip can get me through my day to day activities just fine.

Personally, I love Barrows armor and I usually use it on my Slayer Tasks.

The cost of repair doesn't bother me, but I do have "that OCD thing". :)

Whenever my Barrows armor goes down to 75, I immediately repair it in my POH.

I've only let it go down to 50 once and I forgot to repair at that time. :P

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

Personally I preferred it when there was no number next to the item's name. And I'd really like it if they tweaked it a bit to give an option that reveals time left before it breaks, and just do away with the damn numbers completely. (Verac's brassard and Verac's top 100 feel, to me, very different)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The defence of the armour lowers slightly the amount of food you use. It kinda actually PROFITS you if you kill the right things.

So, I kinda love it. Would be so awesome without degrading though. :?

I dont need a siggy no moar.