Barrows - Do you mind the degrading?

Goldenjkered

I own Torag's legs and helmet and Ahrim's hood top and bottom. I use Torag's for ranging aviansies and Ahrims for CW mostly. Other than that, I use rune and nezzy helm. I feel like I'm wasting barrows using it for everyday things. I got d legs from an iron dragon, and used them for a while, but I sold them because I didn't like the way they looked, and the bonuses weren't really that much better than rune.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, I just repair and it cost ever cheaper with 99 smithing friends + assist and repair stand :)

I tried that once, but it didn't work, would cost me the same with or without the assisting.

dragon drops: 2h, Med (x4), spear (x3), legs (x3), skirt, left half

barrow drops: 45+ GWD drops: 1x steam, 1x bandos plate, 1x tasset, 4x shard

proud owner of the Quest Cape since March 28th 2008 - [554/555 songs unlocked]

99 cooking on April 5th 2008

99 magic on June 29th 2008

Dog to 100% (full grown) at 2nd day of Summoning! :)

ive never had a problem with the repair costs the only time it can be annoying is when you go to somewhere where you really need the armour and its at 25 and you hope it wont break. Of course the obvious thing is to repair it before you go and i usualy do but its when youforget to and just equip and go.

the cost is nothing in comparrison to the fun factor of veracs at pits , dharocks for big hits or the usefulness of guthans, Torags for def tank, karil for mage def, ahirm for barrage fun and killing monsters.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I don't mind the degrading at all. I don't even mind mixing and matching barrows sets. Currently I am wearing torag's platebody and guthan's chainskirt :thumbsup: . I could easily pay for it even if it degraded in 5 hours, let alone 15!

Lol I have veracs helm and skirt for the prayer bonus and if the top did not have horrible defence bonus I would use it but sence it does not I use torags top

snipers_end.png

recently i have been ranging alot and i find karils annoying (when i use it at all over void or arma) it has same boosts as dhide and degrades.

ahrims is awesome though but apart from dh legs with a torso and nez helm i dont use barrows much

and if i had tassets i wouldnt use barrows in meele at all

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I only really use barrows armour for slayer, and that involves going to my POH, recharging prayer and teleporting to another slayer area. So I usually just repair my armour every time I get a decent number of coins on a task. It's never gone beneath 75%, apart from when I camp at the dusties.

The cost of repair is just like the cost of potions, or a bunyip pouch.

recently i have been ranging alot and i find karils annoying (when i use it at all over void or arma) it has same boosts as dhide and degrades.

It has the same attack bonuses, true. However, Karil has slightly higher defensive bonuses. If I'm going to a monster that I pray against, I use d-hide. However, for things where I'm taking a mage's fire (such as GWD) I'll opt for Karil.