Does the universe go on forever?

Deaners1212

Imagine a window just standing by itself. You can see through it and go through it, you see stuff inside it, but when you walk around to the other side there is nothing there, no window nothing

Off Topic...OOH! Read the Dark Tower Drawing of the Three by Stephen King...the doors do that!! The whole 2d style stuf[bleep]e, see one side, not the other.

EDIT:

Time does sound like another dimention...and as we have to follow time, perhaps we are in 4D, but because we cannot percieve and understand time, we don't (we being the physicists and all that tang) think of it as a dimention.

I stands to reason that there are other universes, take flipping a completely fair 50/50 coin. What we see is one side landing whatever side up. But because there was a chance that the other side could have landed up, in another universe, pretty much nextdoor to ours, the other side landed up, and I just lost a bet instead of won it. (I dont take credit for that in the slightest, and I probably missed some of it out, twas my Physics teacher who told me about it)

Also, don't forget greenshift for stuff moving towards us! And if the universe is expanding (and I dont understand all this stuff about critical mass), there will probably be a big crunch. If that is the case, then perhaps the universe has always been exanding and contracting, bang crunch, bang crunch etc. But what caused it to start.So maybe we have been here before in another time...and perhaps time is what creates the universes? They are this one universe ahead or behind in time? (Yup, I feel small and insignificant, and I have a major headache now!)

Maybe this is where the idea of reincarnation comes from?

Something my R.E Teacher said: Religion provides the how or why, Science strives to provide the answer.

Maybe we need both? (Though I swear I said that wrong...has been flipping ages sinceI had to quote it)

Well, thats more than my two peneth...please dont laugh at any mistakes I have made, or how foolish I sound, or w/e :oops:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic