Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

This is a guide to soloing and duoing tormented demons. I will first cover soloing.

Solo Section

Gear Setups

From best to worst-(dont take avas device, take a skill cape for prayer. Avas doesnt work due to rocks being in the way)

Duodemonsrangegear1-1.png

SoloTDGear.png

SoloTDGear1.png

If you are good at prayer swapping, you can just take arma plate+legs/Karils top+skirt. However, void is awesome here. With void you can take both maxed range and maxed melee, and just swap one extra item. Any other gear and you must either hybrid, or take either range or melee gear. Bottem line, void rocks here.

Inventory

SoloTDInvo.png

I usually take 2 brews for solo, after 2-3 trips you will probably need just 2 also. The grey sword is Enhanced Excalibur. It privdes 20 hp every 5 mins. This may not sound like alot, but without it I end up needing 6-8 instead of just 2-4. Yes, you could take sgs, but I prefer Excalibur for its ease and because it is safer to use. SGS requires you to step out and spec, which can get you attacked by another demon, eliminating any healing done by the spec in the first place.

Do not use a Godsword for this method. I have dont multiple trips with godswords to test it, and it just does not work. Using a godsowrd means you are not only swapping between mage and range prayer, but melee also. With a halberd you pray just 50-60% of the time. With a godsword you must pray 100% of the time, thats twice the prayer pots. Halberd rips them anyway. There is very little difference between halberd and Godsword as far as speed goes.

The Fight

The safe spot I use and will show you allows you to avoid all melee attacks, except for when you must weaken with darklight. This means you pray just 50-60% of the time. This spot is directly to the south of the entrance.

Safe spot-

Tdsspot1.png

Spot to stand when waiting for respawn-

Lurespot.png

How to lure-

Lurespot2.png

Lurespot3.png

If you need to trap a second demon, simply run unde rthe column to the north lie so-

Tdslurespot5.png

As you can see in the picture, one demon is already lured there.

You can now stand the safe spot (from the first picture) and range/hally the demon. When you need to weaken the demon, put melee pray on, click one square south and melee it. To best see all these tactics, watch the video below.

Video

Duo Section

Now for duo, my personal favorite. I enjoy duo more because it is roughly 50-65% faster kills and much easier to talk/relax. For duo, there will be one designated ranger and one designated meleer. Both of you should never hybrid, it waste time and will give considerably slower kills.

Gear Setups and Inventories

Melee

DuoTDMeleegear2.png

DuoTDMeleegear1.png

DuoTDMeleegear3.png

Best option would be Void, but I prefer the defense of Bandos for melee. The meleer has the potential to take more damage, and can use the added defense.

Not pictured but also a good option is dharoks. It is certaintly more dangerous, but is alot of fun and very effective, more so then you would think.

Melee Inventory

TDDuoInvoMelee.png

Summon one of the Stallions at the bank and withdraw another super restore/prayer potion.

Range

Duodemonsrangegear1-1.png

Duodemonsrangegear2.png

You can also use Karils top and skirt/blessed dragon hide if you don't have void or armadyl.

Range Inventory

TDDuoInvoRange.png

Summon one of the Stallions at the bank and withdraw another super restore/prayer potion.

Once again, the grey sword is Enhanced Excalibur. It privdes 20 hp every 5 mins. This may not sound like alot, but without it I end up needing 6-8 instead of just 2-4. Yes, you could take sgs, but I prefer Excalibur for its ease and because it is safer to use. You are also wearing all range gear.

The Fight

This is similar to solo. You use the same safe spot, but the ranger and meleer stand in different spots. The Ranger will stand in the exact same spot as solo, but the meleer simply stands exactly one square south. To lure the demons, please refer to the pictures in the above solo section.

Duo Video

Thanks to-

Paulrat3, Akshay11, Soma2035, Laikrob.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea.

Tried T.D.'s myself the other day and I have to say it does involve A LOT of switching (attack method and prayer) this certainly would cut down on that. I was duo-ing with another person and found by the time I switched my attack style, my partner had already done 30+ damage and the TD would switch prayers again. The idea of two people staying with their attack style is a good one (in my limited experiences anyway) :thumbsup:

Oh, stupid question here: Why the spartan helmet?

chris_924.png

• 1 month later...

This is perfect. Me and my friend wanted to try out TD's and this is just the guide we needed (just started today, got 5 kills that run cause we were just trying it out!) Thanks again!

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Nice, I really should finish off the quests. I'd love to solo demons, but I've got my claws now and I'm too lazy to do the quests #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My dying twice aside, very nice guide.

I'd definitely say that trying to survive on titans alone is supremely dangerous because it requires near perfect concentration and reflexes- the titan doesn't have enough healing power to cover a lapse.

Also speaking as a cheapskate, I noticed that broad bolts work quite well. The diamond spec didn't make too much of a difference for me.

Excellent guide, although your spelling was slightly off. Since I can't give you a 9.5, I'm giving you a 19/20.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.