Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

When I get 3-4 on me usually logging out for 10-20 seconds will get them to leave and you can go back to killing one. Also just be careful when you step out to darklight you demon as the far spawn might see you as it patrols.

If you have 4 on you, you are not in the safe spot. There is no way to get 4 to be able to attack you while you are in the safe spot. If 3 are on you, 2 of them can be lured behind the rock like i show in the guide and video, so you can kill the 3rd one.

Being able to attack you as in see you but not use their normal attacks? You can always make it so that theres only 1 demon on you at a time. but personally I know my friend ended up having 5 going after him. 4 were of course behind the rock. But it caused 2 demons to be on him at a time when he was luring I believe.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to put a lot of value on conserving pray here, but are you sure that longer trips are worth the slower kills the halberd gives? Banking only takes 2 minutes, and the whip is very good, especially because it hits under 30 frequently and lets you do 50+ damage before the demon switches prayer sometimes.

also, you can save a lot of money and still stay for a pony or 2 using summoning potions instead of brews to heal

I'd like to see these questions answered too.

Also, on the case of having 3 demons on you (2 trapped), I'd suggest to just log in and out, or run down (to the entrance). If you get back, you should only have one on you.

You seem to put a lot of value on conserving pray here, but are you sure that longer trips are worth the slower kills the halberd gives? Banking only takes 2 minutes, and the whip is very good, especially because it hits under 30 frequently and lets you do 50+ damage before the demon switches prayer sometimes.

also, you can save a lot of money and still stay for a pony or 2 using summoning potions instead of brews to heal

Also, on the case of having 3 demons on you (2 trapped), I'd suggest to just log in and out, or run down (to the entrance). If you get back, you should only have one on you.

why bother? if they are trapped they are no threat...
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

why bother? if they are trapped they are no threat...

Well, they randomly use their mage attack (when they do this strange movement too) which can be annoying when there's more than one and you are having health issues.

EDIT: you should change the ava's accu to a skill cape (t) or fire cape. The accumulator doesn't work with the safespot, so you might as well bring a prayer boosting cape (+ more defence).

I found it better to kill the north east spawn, lure the other 1 round to the west side of the big rock at the north wall. It will now always stay in that spot pretty much however badly you lure the north east spawn so it's a very easy spot to kill them with no risks of an interuption. I then kill the north east spawn with a whip and usually only eat 2-3 sharks a kill average, i get about 12-15 kills a trip with a war tortoise full with sharks (im only 73 summoning). Then it takes 5 mins to back and get back. I usually find i earn 80-120k of standard drops per trip, which covers the cost of the supplies. I bring a super set, range pot, 6 pray pots, rest sharks. A trip lasts around an hour i think so then i bank in 5 minutes and am back.

I got my first claws yesterday after 128 kills, took 10-11 hours of killing them so was a nice 2.5m+ profit an hour.

Picture8.png

Using this set-up with Mage's book (swapping rune cross) would Smoke Barrage be an effective spell?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

^Claws would be a lot more efficient I imagine. Ahrim's top is probably better than arma.

EDIT: Looked up rune requirements. 4 deaths, 3 souls, 2 bloods? That's almost four times the cost of claws.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Picture8.png

Using this set-up with Mage's book (swapping rune cross) would Smoke Barrage be an effective spell?

why not go for void, mage void is'nt THAT bad (better than your hybrid thing for sure). Bring void range helm too of course. I'd also go for claws tbh, much cheaper.

I've also been debating void, I'm just wondering if Magic is good. And I won't use claws. Why? Smoke Barrage poisons, regardless of whether the monster has an immunity, and is amazingly accurate. Why bother with auto-cast anyways? Any other god spell would work, since you swap weapons so quickly.

Edit: Smoke barrage, not Miasmic llamster

Picture2-10.png

I've also been debating void, I'm just wondering if Magic is good. And I won't use claws. Why? Smoke Barrage poisons, regardless of whether the monster has an immunity, and is amazingly accurate. Why bother with auto-cast anyways? Any other god spell would work, since you swap weapons so quickly.

Claws is the one that most people use; the other two are just fine. Also don't forget the +6 prayer bonus that the mace gives.

As I mentioned smoke barrage is ridiculously expensive. It's certainly more effective than god spells but probably less efficient. Oh and the images loaded when I was looking it up and moved the page and I didn't notice; I'd mixed up smoke with shadow lol. Still, it costs over twice as much as god spells.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Well, magic doesn't work to well, but ah well, figured. After hunting the demons for a bit, I seem to find that they swap prayers after you've done 40 damage. Just thought you might find that useful. Currently I'm solo'ing with Void and Halberd/crossbow with a titan for healing. I'm still getting my set-ups and the demons down, but thank you for this guide, it did help, though you should mention about the sounds, so you may swap prayers properly.

Overall, great guide

Picture2-10.png

Well, magic doesn't work to well, but ah well, figured. After hunting the demons for a bit, I seem to find that they swap prayers after you've done 40 damage. Just thought you might find that useful. Currently I'm solo'ing with Void and Halberd/crossbow with a titan for healing. I'm still getting my set-ups and the demons down, but thank you for this guide, it did help, though you should mention about the sounds, so you may swap prayers properly.

Overall, great guide

I'm pretty sure it's less than 40. I believe it's 31 or so (I'd say 30 but I've had times that I hit a 30 and he didn't switch, but I'm pretty sure that when I hit a 31, he always switches).

got lump yesterday btw. Would have liked claws more -.-

Just died and lost Void range, melee, and robes/gloves. Wasn't to upset, I don't sue it much anymore. I prefer my Armadyl set-up more; void is tricky to use, no room for mess-ups. By the way, I would HIGHLY recommend anybody to have multiply Sapphire lanterns incase of death, so you can make it back to the grave in time.

Still awaiting any drop. I'm enjoying em so far, getting my perfect inv down.

Picture2-10.png

i have full void range, but not helm for meele....should i still bring void?

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

nice guide, question, when are the making a guide of this under monster hunting. would be a nice place for a guide like this.

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

you think ill manage with my stats?

i got 73 sumoning what pouch shall i bring?

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

A nicely presented guide, but unfortunately your solo method is quite bad. Firstly, d hally fails pretty badly. It is weak, inaccurate and slow, and it takes me ages to kill a demon with it. Godsword works way better, and you dont use much more p pots because with it you get kills so much faster, which means less time praying. Also, I find Karil's to work much better than void.

Secondly, the safespot is also pretty bad. Accumulator doesn't work there, so you have to constantly run in and pick up your arrows during the fight, and there's a fair chance of getting attack by the south eastern demon. I know of 2 much better safespots, depending on how likely it is for someone else to walk in ( basically judged by the number of players on world). The first one is the north-western spot, the first one you see. Now this one won't work if you don't use a few tricks. There is one trick in particular, that is extremely useful. You see, when a demon uses it's shakey-shakey mage attack over an obstacle where it cannot see you, the demon loses focus on you and will be frozen into place like an ice-barraged tree, and will remain like that until someone gets in it's sight and gets attacked.

So what you do is get the central-western demon trapped like that near the south-western safespot, without it touching the torch to the north of that spot at the alcove thing where a demon is trapped in his pics. You can also do that with the very south demon that you normally kill. Next you go to the north and north-eastern demons (without going in the sight of the demons you just trapped!), and get them trapped at the eastern end of the big northern rock. Then simply make your way back to the north-western demon (once again, without getting in the other demon's sight!) and you can fight it without bothering to lure it. This is best done at quiet to semi-quiet times on a non crowded world, because if someone else comes along they can ruin it.

The second spot is at the north-east demon. Firstly, get the northen demon trapped at the west of the big rock using the trick (if the north-west demon is on you, you might want to log out and back in at the north of the rock to get it off you, then do this). Then you can get the north-east demon hugging the south end of the north-east column and fight it right at the east end of this column. No other demon will be able to attack you here (watch out for the one to the south while picking up your drops, and the north-west demon while getting your demon to hug the column). This method works at both busy times and quiet times.

Those are both very good spots and very little luring is required for the demon you're fighting, and you'll hardly ever get attacked by another demon. I hope this wasn't too difficult to read. I probably should write my own guide with pictures, lol. Hopefully you'll all find this information most useful.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

^Wouldn't a whip be better than a godsword? TDs have relatively low defense from what I've heard.

Nah their defence is actually pretty high. Not super high, but high enough to make godsword the better choice.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.