Find me a Hobby...

Johannas

Usually photography and poetry go hand in hand. I say this because most but not all of the people I know who do photography are good at seeing what other people don't. And it usually has a deeper meaning than what the average person can see. So there is something you might think of taking up, or writing songs, seeing as you love music. You could then learn on your guitar some back up music, and wallah, add in a bit of your singing even if you're not good at it. There's a whole heap of hobbies stemming from one thing. You also sound like a right side brain thinker so creative hobbies are your best bet. Swing your right foot around in clockwise circles and draw the number six in the air with your right hand. If your foot then suddenly swings anti clockwise, you're most probably right brain sided.

Keeping this in mind you can always just google hobbies for right-side thinkers. Usually this consists of emotional or creative/visual ideas.

If you enjoy team work games and/or the army my fiance is willing to teach you how to play "Armed Assault" with his online buddies. Basically it's a team focused game where you create missions/scenarios/operations just like in the real army then work together to complete them over team speak/coordination/in game.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Usually photography and poetry go hand in hand. I say this because most but not all of the people I know who do photography are good at seeing what other people don't.
It's true, you never really look at stuff until you take photography seriously. Graphic design really changes the way you look at things. When I watch a computer animated movie, I don't watch the movie I watch the animation. When people read text I look at the font.

It's a great way of getting on people's nerves.

C2b6gs7.png

[hide=Off Topic]

and what's warhammer?

*goes into cardiac arrest*[/hide]

Pick up a new instrument. I tickle the ivories from time-to-time; piano is a breeze to pick up, and you can easily find an inexpensive keyboard.

Also, I recently got into spray paint art - not graffiti for the record. Spray paint on poster board. It's bloody easy stuff, if you're able to aquire a small supply of spray paint without any problem. (I'm well over 18, and even I have issues when trying to buy $60 of spray paint at a time. :cry: ).

Reading ftw! Maybe buy a copy of Betrayal at Falador?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

What's the point of a hobby if you're already doing what you love to do (Photography, guitar, TV, movies, and the computer)? Are you truly bored or want variation? Or are you only looking into new hobbies because your parents what you to do "better" things in your time?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

What's the point of a hobby if you're already doing what you love to do (Photography, guitar, TV, movies, and the computer)? Are you truly bored or want variation? Or are you only looking into new hobbies because your parents what you to do "better" things in your time?

True.

Photography and guitar can take you really far in your life - well beyond being just a "hobby." You can make a career out of both of these. And while I don't personally consider watching TV and movies to be a hobby, don't give it up just because your parents are urging you to. If it's something you love to do, keep on doing it!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Geocaching is something you can do via the computer,that brings you to scenic,photographable places.And if you want you can play the guitar on the way.See,I incorporated things you like.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Geocaching is something you can do via the computer,that brings you to scenic,photographable places.And if you want you can play the guitar on the way.See,I incorporated things you like.

I've been wanting to get into geocaching. Looks like fun.. I just don't have a GPS.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

We have one that just barely hit $100 SGD,probably 50 euro,75 USD.Its not much,and it doesn't display roads but its enough to find caches.Bloody interesting hiding places,but if your community is as packed as ours is,you tend to realise each hider's styles.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I used to skateboard all the time in the summer, but i lost all my skating buddies....and my doctor says i'm too tall to skate?! It's something i might get back into when summer comes though.

there is nothing better for you. it wont be hard to find new skating buddies, the older you are the harder it will be to start but it will still be worth it :thumbup: :)

tmpphpnppgpw.png

We have one that just barely hit $100 SGD,probably 50 euro,75 USD.Its not much,and it doesn't display roads but its enough to find caches.Bloody interesting hiding places,but if your community is as packed as ours is,you tend to realise each hider's styles.

Yeah, supposedly my area has quite a few caches to be found. I'll have to look into a cheap GPS. What do you do.. just enter in the coordinates in the GPS? And then hike/drive/walk/etc. to the spot and use additional clues to find them? Do all GPS have the ability to enter in coordinates?

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

Usually photography and poetry go hand in hand. I say this because most but not all of the people I know who do photography are good at seeing what other people don't.
It's true, you never really look at stuff until you take photography seriously. Graphic design really changes the way you look at things. When I watch a computer animated movie, I don't watch the movie I watch the animation. When people read text I look at the font.

It's a great way of getting on people's nerves.

Hell yeah it is. :P

Anyways, OP, you should try and hang around the Gallery some more. Get GIMP (or arrrrrr photoshop arrrrrr) and start with some basic photo manipulations. Photography and digital art go hand in hand well.

Swimming.

But join a club, it will somewhat force you to actually do the thing you want to do.

Else you might start something, do it once, twice but you'll stop it eventually.

Joining a club is a lot more fun.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I agree, swimming is very fun, and it's healthy and all that jazz.

Your doctor might say that you're too tall to skate because it might be dangerous for you to fall? The taller you are, the faster you're head will be going when you hit the ground.

I've been noticing the subject of the thread here myself, I don't have that many... hobbies. It bugs me, but what can you do? if you aren't interested in something, then you can't really turn it into a hobby. I would say browse around the internet, think of things you found amazing as a child and go do them! (or at least try once, you never know what will keep your interest)

For example, I thought fencing would be really amazing to learn. I plan on trying it out sometime, maybe during college if any sources are to be found.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I have a desire to learn to fence and to learn to shoot a gun. I don't know if they are interesting to you or not, I know nothing about you :P

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Yes, sign up on http://www.geocacheing.com and find some in your area. Some have multiple stages, clues you need to figure out to get the coordinates, or other fun stuff, most of which is explained at the website. All GPSes (?) should have the ablility, I see no other reason to create a GPS -.-

Something I've found is that many people are too scared to broaden their hobbies. For example, my prime interests are psychology, poetry, photography, art and nature. I was so indulged in so limited subjects (although quite knowledgeable in those specific subjects) that I was missing out on great opportunities and limiting myself to a minimal learning curve. Try something else! It would be a shame if you walked through life only learning about the things that are your main interests. You might also enjoy it once you've tried it! Broaden your knowledge, don't limit it or you'll probably regret it.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• 5 years later...

I have a desire to learn to fence and to learn to shoot a gun. I don't know if they are interesting to you or not, I know nothing about you tongue.gif

Same as yours... I always wanted to make my hobby as my profession and see now I have finally succeeded. I give training to people on firearms. You can join me and I'll teach you more than just pushing that trigger! :D

Just got promoted as a senior instructor in Firearms Safety Training MA :shades: Hard work always pays!!!

I have a desire to learn to fence and to learn to shoot a gun. I don't know if they are interesting to you or not, I know nothing about you tongue.gif

Same as yours... I always wanted to make my hobby as my profession and see now I have finally succeeded. I give training to people on firearms. You can join me and I'll teach you more than just pushing that trigger! :D

That post is half a decade old.

• Like 1

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

holy crap, youre right...

• Like 4

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That right there is a scary thought.