Furture RS Continent -Gielinor = Sphere-

Shelby_Polo

Have your ever wondered how far Jagex will go with the expansion of the main Runescape Island or "Continent".

If you look at a recent picture of the world map, you can see they don't quite have much to work with.

I've added some color to areas that are black (future land expansion)

Green = Best area to add-on to

Yellow = Getting smaller but still feasible

Red = Probably will cut off further expansion and end that part of the map

[hide=World Map]RSContinent.jpg[/hide]

As you can see Jagex doesn't have the best options for land expansion.

When do you think the main-Runescape-island/continent will end? Or will it ever?

Will Jagex resort to only adding islands when it ends?

Will Jagex just make another huge "continent"? (That would be cool)

I remember talk about Jagex adding another "Dimension" - a parallel universe. Will they go threw with that?

Elf/Orge Lands

I have a few theories about that expansion of the Southern Orge/Pioson Waste Lands.

I made a picture of one theory I had; I'll have more coming later.

[hide=Theory 1]Orge-Poison.jpg[/hide]

As you can see, The Poison Waste is dumping into the lake south of Castle Wars; this could cause some sort of quest Jagex is scheming. It would also ironically have the same Global Warming theme as "Perils of Ice Mountain".

I'm not totally sure what would happen with the south western elf lands, I just made it into a blob holding who knows what, maybe some hunter expansion :thumbsup:

And the Orge lands would most likely end completely or carry on far south west.

Another RS Continent Theory

This was an interesting idea I came up with.

What if Jagex decided to make the continent round; circling off the bottom portion; connecting the eastern desert to the western jungle.

After some thought though, I realized this would mess up charter shipping. So, I made black lines through the land; symbolizing "Mississippi rivers" (rivers ships can float through).

[hide=Round RS]RoundRS.jpg[/hide]

Forgive MS Paint and myself; as it doesn't look anything like regular RS map land.

What's your thoughts on this idea? :D

Runescape World Map Leak

Back in 05' or 06' there seemed to be a brief RS World Map Leak; showing a fairly large island WEST of the Elf Lands. With quite a few people hinting at a lot more land or even another Continent east of there, we can be almost certain that this leak will come true.

When it will come out is certainly unknown, but with the 150 quest coming, maybe a Mournings End p3 will show us the light.

Either of these picture were not actual screenshots of the leak, but instead, drawn interpretations. The first, from RSWiki, was drawn by unknown; the second drawn by El_Snubbe. Most say the second picture is what it really looked like.

[hide=Leak]WorldMapLeak.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Leak 2]bugnotleakgi0.png[/hide]

As you can see it could only be an island, meaning it wouldn't really be relevant to this topic. A continent on the other hand would be relevant and very interesting.

The piece of land seemed to be very pixelated and unrefined. It was removed shortly later.

*I found this info and picture from RunescapeWiki.

Earth = Runescape

[hide=Spherical Runescape]Gielinor_map.PNG

The_World_is_Round.jpg[/hide]

I know this is old news, but it's fun to share and talk about...

Both of these pictures suggest Runescape is a sphere, like Earth (*not like back the 1500s before Columbus discovered America, and ever though the Earth was flat :wall: lol)

If Runescape (real name - Gielinor) is a sphere then we have A LOT more land to uncover.

Meaning about 70% of the RS planet is undiscovered.

Meaning big room for another continent.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't think they'll add more land except for quests and minigames.

First post. \'

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

That green and yellow one at the bottom could expand even farther south to get more mainland possibly.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

We still don't know what the Eastern lands would look like, so I don't think that this continent will ever expand to match the demand for space.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

My personal thoughts are:

-They will finish off the Winter-Troll-God Wars area off; Almost exactly like I drew it.

-They will finish off the eastern desert like it drew it.

-They will expand further south of the desert to finish whatever quest storyline they need to and seal off the desert.

-The northeastern elf lands will (hopefully) go further west to finish some quest storyline. It also holds my guess as to where the upcoming mini-game "Mobilizing Armies" will be.

-Mortania will expand further east (most likely further than my yellow blob) to hold more quest storyline and ,who knows, maybe open us up to some Dragonkin action.

-I have other theories about the Southern Orge/Poison Waste area; I will post about that later; with more pictures.

bike.png

The desert could expand significantly farther south. The river elid could make a quick turn to the east just south of menaphos/sophanem and form the already visible southern coastline of a part of the desert. The western part of the desert could then expand farther to the south, perhaps into a savanna region.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

My thoughts:

The Ice Path area will be used for the next Grand Master Quest.

We know there is a cave, south of the level 44 Wilderness Alter.

This area is also where Lucien summoned the skeletons for one of the While Guthix Sleeps Quest Cut-Scenes.

Over to the Elven Lands.

Back in 2006 or 2007 (If im not mistaken), there was a huge leak on the World Map. (I happened to see it but didnt get a picture)

There was a green area to the west of Tyras camp and the Elven Lands.

Speculation was started with maybe Greekish styled Runescape would come soon.

Charter Ships were added later and since they sold Tyras Helmet (Greek Styled Helmets), there is even greater reason to believe that Tyras is from the area west of the Elven Lands.

Priffdinas I expect to become a Great City, instead of the Crystal Walled Green Hills it is today.

Also hope there will be an upgrade to the Elven Teleport Crystal to let you Teleport to the city gates.

The poison Swamp and the black area around it, im not sure about.

Its been soo long since the last Gnome Quest was released, I cant even remember alot of the storyline anymore.

All I can think of in the flash is that the Hidden City of Aposander (Not sure how its spelled) lies around there somewhere.

The ogre area, I have no idea what will be made of.

The previous quest didnt give much info about the area around it.

In Morytania, there could be a huge vampyre city beyond the Meierditch walls.

For all we know, It could be a Getto setup where the Vampyre city could be right on the other side.

There are these castles on the east side of Meierditch, and we cant forget Drakan's Castle which we dont have access to at the moment.

East from Port Phasmaties lies Dragontooth Island.

Ak Haruna says he is from an Area east of Dragontooth Island.

Who knows what could be over there.

A guy in the Warrior's Guild says he got his Cyclops from over there aswell.

The desert could reach a long way further down for all we know.

There could be loads of pyramids, dangers and cities burried under the sand.

Even north of the wilderness there might be a whole now area to explore.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Jagex promised Mammoths back in 2004 or earlier.

They might be up there.

There are still years of content they can add so I wouldnt be worried about them running out.

Only your own imagination can set the limits to what can be done. ;)

(I just noticed how much i had written) :lol:

I think they'll open up a new continent to the east of Morytania after a decent sized sea. Probably relatively small. I say east because we've been getting hints about samurai and other eastern things.

The best thing would be a whole big new continent.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I like the OP's idea of extending the area south of the Poison Wastelands and possibly having a quest connected to the global warming theme with Perils Of Ice Mountain. I think that since there's not so much land to add on to, Jagex will just resort to islands and other overseas areas for new lands.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

[hide=Den]

My thoughts:

The Ice Path area will be used for the next Grand Master Quest.

We know there is a cave, south of the level 44 Wilderness Alter.

This area is also where Lucien summoned the skeletons for one of the While Guthix Sleeps Quest Cut-Scenes.

Over to the Elven Lands.

Back in 2006 or 2007 (If im not mistaken), there was a huge leak on the World Map. (I happened to see it but didnt get a picture)

There was a green area to the west of Tyras camp and the Elven Lands.

Speculation was started with maybe Greekish styled Runescape would come soon.

Charter Ships were added later and since they sold Tyras Helmet (Greek Styled Helmets), there is even greater reason to believe that Tyras is from the area west of the Elven Lands.

Priffdinas I expect to become a Great City, instead of the Crystal Walled Green Hills it is today.

Also hope there will be an upgrade to the Elven Teleport Crystal to let you Teleport to the city gates.

The poison Swamp and the black area around it, im not sure about.

Its been soo long since the last Gnome Quest was released, I cant even remember alot of the storyline anymore.

All I can think of in the flash is that the Hidden City of Aposander (Not sure how its spelled) lies around there somewhere.

The ogre area, I have no idea what will be made of.

The previous quest didnt give much info about the area around it.

In Morytania, there could be a huge vampyre city beyond the Meierditch walls.

For all we know, It could be a Getto setup where the Vampyre city could be right on the other side.

There are these castles on the east side of Meierditch, and we cant forget Drakan's Castle which we dont have access to at the moment.

East from Port Phasmaties lies Dragontooth Island.

Ak Haruna says he is from an Area east of Dragontooth Island.

Who knows what could be over there.

A guy in the Warrior's Guild says he got his Cyclops from over there aswell.

The desert could reach a long way further down for all we know.

There could be loads of pyramids, dangers and cities burried under the sand.

Even north of the wilderness there might be a whole now area to explore.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Jagex promised Mammoths back in 2004 or earlier.

They might be up there.

There are still years of content they can add so I wouldnt be worried about them running out.

Only your own imagination can set the limits to what can be done. ;)

(I just noticed how much i had written) :lol:

[/hide]

Wow, lots of great information; and thank you for it.

I didn't know about a World Map leak, but it sounds interesting; a Greek themed city would be great.

I also would imagine Priffdinas to become a huge city (or we can at least hope)

Personally I see Jagex ending the desert soon, maybe adding desert islands (interesting concept)

But I do see them adding a big portion to Sophanem and Menaphos.

I forgot about one of the first BTS mentioning Mammoths (may I also add, it mentioned POH farming patches :wall: )

But, I could only see mammoths being added to the not-so-roomy Ice area.

bike.png

Let's not forget about the kudos island -.-

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

I think it will be a new continent, because if you look at the charter ship map, it shows the borders of our current continent, all finalized. I think Jagex already has everything planned, and when they finish it all, will release a new continent.

I know it's Upgrade Year, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more map this year...

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I think it will be a new continent, because if you look at the charter ship map, it shows the borders of our current continent, all finalized. I think Jagex already has everything planned, and when they finish it all, will release a new continent.

I know it's Upgrade Year, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more map this year...

Interesting; I'll have to check that out, and I can post a picture of it.

I'm very glad that Jagex will be focusing on upgrading this year, but it's almost a shame that new content will be somewhat scarce.

bike.png

Doesn't mean they can't stick an island where there's already water (they did that with the Fremmy Isles I think?) or simply expand the map?

Actually, due to leaks we've seen some bit east of the elf lands. I'll post what I think will happen

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

[hide=]4jtfs9.jpg[/hide]

Cyan area would the the elfen main land. It was leaked not long after MEP2 that there would be land over there, so why not have that as a continent? Size would be roughly as large as our current continent.

Blue would be some southern jungle ogre/monkey continent.

Green would be the rest of the desert. You didn't think that the two desert cities were nice, small, and square, did you?

Red would be a southern tropical place, like a rainforest. Home of lizard men.

White to the north would be the ice lands the Fremy guys are afraid of. That can cover the northern poll of the planet

The two white blobs on the east would be the rest of Morytaina. Why is Morytaina not squarE? Because square continents look horrible. Look at Karajma. Its ugly.

The other would be the "asian themed lands". Again, roughly the same size as our current continent.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Doesn't mean they can't stick an island where there's already water (they did that with the Fremmy Isles I think?) or simply expand the map?

I think some people are thinking I mean 'Is this the end of the entire RS map?!' - not what I mean

I'm debating whether or not we are happening upon the ending or closing off of the huge RS "continent". I'm asking whether people think Jagex will keep going with the one we have or make another "continent".

I'm sure Jagex will keep adding hundreds of more islands. :D

bike.png

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff44/wkw427/Junk/[Caution]-19january09.jpg

I can't get images working WTF

Cyan area would the the elfen main land. It was leaked not long after MEP2 that there would be land over there, so why not have that as a continent? Size would be roughly as large as our current continent.

Blue would be some southern jungle ogre/monkey continent.

Green would be the rest of the desert. You didn't think that the two desert cities were nice, small, and square, did you?

Red would be a southern tropical place, like a rainforest. Home of lizard men.

White to the north would be the ice lands the Fremy guys are afraid of. That can cover the northern poll of the planet

The two white blobs on the east would be the rest of Morytaina. Why is Morytaina not squarE? Because square continents look horrible. Look at Karajma. Its ugly.

The other would be the "asian themed lands". Again, roughly the same size as our current continent.

Wow, that would definitely be something interesting.

I agree with your willingness to extend the elf lands as far as they can go.

*Wow the picture got removed, saying "Jagex Violation"

bike.png

I wish Jagex would employ someone with a geography degree (me? :D) and tell them that coastlines generally ARENT SQUARE.

They didn really well in the beginning of the game, then they added Southern Karamja and for god knows what reason decided that square was cool. The same can be said for the desert, square... the impassable mountains west of Ardounge... cmon how many mountain ranges have a perfectly straight border down one edge??

Ape Atoll - Square, Neitiznot/Jatizso, square in general shape...

Maybe we could re-introduce jagex to the triangle? Hell even a circle!

asrhasrh.jpg

South of Sophanem is a tropical jungle supposedly filled with giant insects or something like that.

Also I can't remember where I heard this, might've been the RS Wiki, but Menaphos supposedly has a port in it and doesn't have borders.

I'm not 100% sure of the Menaphos one though.

tipitsiggy.png

[hide=Qoutes]

I wish Jagex would employ someone with a geography degree (me? :D) and tell them that coastlines generally ARENT SQUARE.

They didn really well in the beginning of the game, then they added Southern Karamja and for god knows what reason decided that square was cool. The same can be said for the desert, square... the impassable mountains west of Ardounge... cmon how many mountain ranges have a perfectly straight border down one edge??

Ape Atoll - Square, Neitiznot/Jatizso, square in general shape...

Maybe we could re-introduce jagex to the triangle? Hell even a circle!

I've always noticed this as well, it is pretty funny if you think about it.

It was probably just a lot easier to map/code RS by making square islands back in the day.

Trade_charter_map.PNG

hmm, I see nothing but the main RS continent.

South of Sophanem is a tropical jungle supposedly filled with giant insects or something like that.

Also I can't remember where I heard this, might've been the RS Wiki, but Menaphos supposedly has a port in it and doesn't have borders.

I'm not 100% sure of the Menaphos one though.

Seeing that Brimhaven and Ape Atoll are just west of it, I could see that happening; but would it be directly connected to the RS continent?

When do you think the main-Runescape-island/continent will end? Or will it ever?

Will Jagex resort to only adding islands when it ends?

Will Jagex just make another huge "continent"? (That would be cool)

I remember talk about Jagex adding another "Dimension" - a parallel universe. Will they go threw with that?

With this, if Jagex properly plans it, it can work out much like WoW's Northrend continent (in the case of new continent.)

or even Outlands, for another dimension (or planent). Im sure Jagex could work it out and it has been successful in other games, just give us reason to visit those areas and people will go.

I wouldn't mind Jagex doing this.[/hide]

bike.png