Player names that should be banned.

lpinkus

"ballslap"

u gotta admit its quite funny

Funny to someone old enough to understand it. And if you're under 15 and understand it, well, you shouldn't.

lpinkus

this might come as a surprise to you but children know what their genitals are called

Well that just shows that YOU don't actually understand what ballslap means. And there is no way I'm explaining it here. Hint: you're wrong, it's not about how you call a body part.

Jagex is just inconistent. They don't tolerate these names yet they have no way of checking them and ban when people report others. That causes a problem for long-time players. Anyone saw the petition by xwifebeaterx in General on this forum ? Plus in his case, there was the second meaning of wifebeater, which is the name of a type of shirt. They didn't stop the players when they were a small company and now they expect to ban anybody as they see fit. Not quite that easy, Jagex.

I also like how they keep saying that they'll introduce name-change one day. They've said that for years and they've never done it. Doubt they care. Doesn't inspire confidence though.

You might be right that JAGeX is inconsistent on this sort of thing, and I assume it's due to the sheer number of players, which increases daily. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

And, just for the record, calling a certain T-shirt a "wife beater" is not giving it a second meaning. The term is still offensive! It just implies that the style of shirt is often worn by mean who abuse their wives. So, no, the phrase "wife beater" does not become approriate just because there's a T-Shirt named after it.

lpinkus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ballslap"

Funny to someone old enough to understand it. And if you're under 15 and understand it, well, you shouldn't.

lpinkus

this might come as a surprise to you but children know what their genitals are called

Well that just shows that YOU don't actually understand what ballslap means. And there is no way I'm explaining it here. Hint: you're wrong, it's not about how you call a body part.

Jagex is just inconistent. They don't tolerate these names yet they have no way of checking them and ban when people report others. That causes a problem for long-time players. Anyone saw the petition by xwifebeaterx in General on this forum ? Plus in his case, there was the second meaning of wifebeater, which is the name of a type of shirt. They didn't stop the players when they were a small company and now they expect to ban anybody as they see fit. Not quite that easy, Jagex.

I also like how they keep saying that they'll introduce name-change one day. They've said that for years and they've never done it. Doubt they care. Doesn't inspire confidence though.

You might be right that JAGeX is inconsistent on this sort of thing, and I assume it's due to the sheer number of players, which increases daily. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

And, just for the record, calling a certain T-shirt a "wife beater" is not giving it a second meaning. The term is still offensive! It just implies that the style of shirt is often worn by mean who abuse their wives. So, no, the phrase "wife beater" does not become approriate just because there's a T-Shirt named after it.

lpinkus

I never said it shouldn't be fixed... all I said was that they were inconsistent.

I know that meaning and you know it. I don't know how old that particular player is. If I recall from his post here, he was a young teen when he created his char. Not sure they all understand the implications of the name.

That's another reason why Jagex should act ASAP and not months or years after chars have been created. Because by then all they end up doing is making people angry, particularly when the player doesn't see what was offensive about it.

like i said...i found my name quite funny...and if Jagex wants me to change it...fine

but they shouldnt ban over names....they should give you the option of changing your name b4 just randomly banning people...

and like Eric said...they are very very inconsistant about it...

like i said...i found my name quite funny...and if Jagex wants me to change it...fine

but they shouldnt ban over names....they should give you the option of changing your name b4 just randomly banning people...

and like Eric said...they are very very inconsistant about it...

If they're not able review all new names daily, then I agree, you should not be banned. If there is inconsistency, then that has to be fixed. I saw a few more nasty names last night, so this thing ain't fixed yet.

lpinkus

"ballslap"

Not as good as teabagger or tea bagging :lol:

ha thats what thee quarters of the people on x box live call something when you crouch and stand up repeatedly on a dead body, i bet a bunch of them are 10 year olds that dont even know what it is :lol: well on topic i agree that most of them should be fixed, but if you have been playing for years then i just find it completely unfair, why not sort it out a week after you started playing, why wait 2 or 3 years? it would be hard to reiew every name coming in but they really should increase the censor on creating names a bit, and a renaming feature would be nice :D

rangesig.gif

yeah i mean...i guess i got carried away naming my char

but either not let me do it in the 1st place with a decent name filter, catch in the beginning, or let me change it when u do catch it

Agreed, but one strike and you're out.

lpinkus

Umm Ipinkus I don't know if you know this but most kids in general do know what ballslap and balls mean hell by the time I was 11 i knew practically every swear word there was in english.It's people like you who try and censer every dam thing and try to overprotect children the ones who really annoy me the most.If Jagex keeps on doing this* then the entire game will be full of little 6 year olds.

*cecsoring(sp) everything

rssig4copy.gif

I really really really dont like children, especially those who attempt to justify immature, arrogant, rude, and intolarable garbage.

And to say that you knew every profane word by the time you were 11 isn't an accomplishment, its not something to be proud of either way.

In one way it can be called innapropriate, in another it can be called a shame that you didn't learn them when you were 5.

If you want to pretend your big and bad by using profanity without knowing what the majority of it means, then by all means go right ahead. But I'll be laughing at you when you become a freshman.

I remeber it all so well...

I ducktaped 4 freshmen to toilets, with their faces in the bowl, 2 to urinals chained one to the backseat of a bus, traped one in the girls bathroom, and put one on top of a statue tied to a chair.

senior year was fun, and I got it all on tape :D

Umm Ipinkus I don't know if you know this but most kids in general do know what ballslap and balls mean hell by the time I was 11 i knew practically every swear word there was in english.It's people like you who try and censer every dam thing and try to overprotect children the ones who really annoy me the most.If Jagex keeps on doing this* then the entire game will be full of little 6 year olds.

*cecsoring(sp) everything

So what if you knew a lot of offensive language at 11 years old? Does that mean everyone should? Of course not! Just because you don't think that's a big deal doesn't mean everyone does.

The word is spelled CENSOR. Maybe if people spent less time trying to spell offensive words, they would be better at spelling the non-offensive words.

Now that's a cheap shot, maybe, but I've argued this point for a long time and I'm getting tired of people that insist they should be allowed to use whatever language whenever they want. Runescape is not your high school hallways or wherever else you hang out with your friends. It's a PUBLIC game.

JAGeX has to keep the interests of ALL players in mind. That means that profane language will be filtered for the sake of those who are offended. The alternative, no filter, means that people who do not wish to be exposed to profanity (even if they know those words already!), have to suffer just so people can type nasty things.

The filter is necessary. Live with it.

lpinkus

All true, just because it doens't offend you doesn't mean that its not offensive.

Stop being a spoiled little brat and thinking that the world revolves around you.

Amazingly some 11 year old kid doesn't decide what appropriate for everyone else on the earth. SHOOKING ISNT IT!!!

i think that everyone that is agreeing with this stupid topic is being immature if u were being mature u would just ignore the names the names aren't directed at you personally because they don't even no u SO GET OVER IT AND JUST IGNORE THEM! also because jagex does ban people for offensive names yeh not straight away but they eventually ban people so live with it be mature and don't b**** about it and ignore the immature names

i think that everyone that is agreeing with this stupid topic is being immature if u were being mature u would just ignore the names the names aren't directed at you personally because they don't even no u SO GET OVER IT AND JUST IGNORE THEM! also because jagex does ban people for offensive names yeh not straight away but they eventually ban people so live with it be mature and don't b**** about it and ignore the immature names

Crim already followed this up with a good answer. He even admitted he can be crude in other parts of his life, but he *doesn't do it in Runescape.* Commendable.

What more do we have to say? Why do you *have* to make up a ridiculous, nasty name is RS? Does it give you nourishment? No, you get a quick little kick out of it, and it sends the message "look, I made a nasty name and beat the filter, so I'm great, haha" Well, you're not, you're immature.

And, if you didn't notice, this forum blocks out profanity, too. Gee, I wonder why?

lpinkus

Crim already followed this up with a good answer. He even admitted he can be crude in other parts of his life, but he *doesn't do it in Runescape.* Commendable.

What more do we have to say? Why do you *have* to make up a ridiculous, nasty name is RS? Does it give you nourishment? No, you get a quick little kick out of it, and it sends the message "look, I made a nasty name and beat the filter, so I'm great, haha" Well, you're not, you're immature.

And, if you didn't notice, this forum blocks out profanity, too. Gee, I wonder why?

lpinkus

do you read upside down? dont dis her/him by saying that crim already responded, no crim answered after words :roll:

and no ppl dont have to make them, but maybe they want to, and if they are smarter than jagex, by all means, let them have their immature sns

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

I agree, there are young people playing the game out there. Also, some people find some profain words offensive. I think one good way to solve the problem is not to ban, but like what some have said. To give you the chance to change your name and if you refuse, you get banned.

im more worried about the names that u cant report.

Like if a person is called "0 O 0 O 0 O 0" or somethinkg like that, they can scamm all thye want and nobody would ever report them cos they cant wright there name.

im more worried about the names that u cant report.

Like if a person is called "0 O 0 O 0 O 0" or somethinkg like that, they can scamm all thye want and nobody would ever report them cos they cant wright there name.

ya, they should allow ppl to copy and paste names...cos sumtimes u cant tell if its an 0 or O or if theres an extra space etc.

Fightfish

~99 wc achieved on 14th June 2006~

lpinkus

do you read upside down? dont dis her/him by saying that crim already responded, no crim answered after words :roll:

and no ppl dont have to make them, but maybe they want to, and if they are smarter than jagex, by all means, let them have their immature sns

Read upside down? I'm not sure what you're accusing me of. I was just saying that Crim had already made a good reply to Ryanie. And, what do you mean by "crim answered after words?" I'm not sure what you're talking about.

lpinkus

i think everyone who complains about naughty names should be shot

i agree, complaining about tht is kinda moaning abit don't ya think, it's strange that people care that much! Spose it's all to do with ur "state of mind" lol :|

i think everyone who complains about naughty names should be shot

i agree, complaining about tht is kinda moaning abit don't ya think, it's strange that people care that much! Spose it's all to do with ur "state of mind" lol :|

I'm not sure what you're getting at. My "state of mind" is fine, as far as I'm concerned. I use swear words in my real life, sure, but not at work, when talking to strangers, etc.

Profanity simply doesn't belong in Runescape, guys, the same way it doesn't belong on standard TV. It doesn't matter that there are older players or younger players who use profanity in real life. In Runescape, they shouldn't. And, since you know that many will insist on being rude anyway...Lo, there is a chat filter. And yes, it helps stop scamming and site advertising, too, so there you go. It stays.

lpinkus

People, lets acknowledge a few things, shall we?

1. Using Fyuck or whatever to get around a filter, does not make you smarter than a company that created a very large and expanding game.

and if they are smarter than jagex, by all means, let them have their immature sns

Sorry to break the news on that one

2. JAGeX has a filter for a reason, so people shouldn't feel accomplished for ignoring it.

3. Again its not really us inparticular who are offended, its like saying "theres nothing to steal, but dont be a jerk and take anything", understand?

And again the world does not revolve around you, neither does RS, stop thinking that you all get to choose what ever person would find appropriate.

And I'm not doing that by the way, RS has already chosen to have filters.