Corrupt Items.

HexiledRazz

Alright, I'm thinking about trying to get a hold of a Corrupt Dragon Dagger for F2P PvP. But, i need to konw a few things about the corrupt items first. If i don't get straight, clear answers here, I'm gona message JaGeX with all of my questions(or post on the RSoF, but i really don't feel like doing that).

-Do they still have their special attacks? - ANSWERED

-How long do they last? - ANSWERED

-Do they buy on the GE? Or do people junk trade millions for a single dagger? :roll:

-Now, when you examine them, they say 'This item will degrade when worn'. But does that mean it will only degrade while

it's worn. Or does that mean after the first time you equip it, it will start degrading down to 0? -Answered, but could still use some input to be sure.

-This is about the member's Corrupt items. The ones that don't have 'Corrupted' in their name degrade during combat. But will they still degrade in combat if they're in your inventory, and not equipped?

I think i have more, but I'll have to think of them :wall:

Thanks!

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

-Do they still have their special attacks? Yes

-How long do they last? 30 min

-Do they buy on the GE? Or do people junk trade millions for a single dagger? Dont know

-Now, when you examine them, they say 'This item will degrade when worn'. But does that mean it will only degrade while it's worn. Or does that mean after the first time you equip it, it will start degrading down to 0? Only when worn i belieive.

-This is about the member's Corrupt items. The ones that don't have 'Corrupted' in their name degrade during combat. But will they still degrade in combat if they're in your inventory, and not equipped? Umm your question is worded weird are you talking about members degrading items and if so i know burrows does not degrade unless hitting or getting hit.

-This is about the member's Corrupt items. The ones that don't have 'Corrupted' in their name degrade during combat. But will they still degrade in combat if they're in your inventory, and not equipped? Umm your question is worded weird are you talking about members degrading items and if so i know burrows does not degrade unless hitting or getting hit.

Thanks for your answer.

Okay, let me clear this up for everyone.

There are two types of Corrupt Members' PvP items. The ones with 'Corrupted' in the title, and the ones without 'Corrupted' in their title. The ones with can be worn by people with 20 def, and last 15 mins(while worn). And the ones without, last 60 mins, need 78 in the respective skill, and only degrade in combat.

I think he is talking about Zuriel and Vesta armour. Well all the armours work the same as barrows. They will only degrade in battle and not simply becuase they are worn.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

-Do they buy on the GE? Or do people junk trade millions for a single dagger? :roll:

--> I did a quick search on the RSOF and there is no threads asking to buy them for higher than the GE price. I think it's fair to say that, if anything, they might be more of a "junk" item. But by all means, try selling it in the GE. It's probably your best bet.

-This is about the member's Corrupt items. The ones that don't have 'Corrupted' in their name degrade during combat. But will they still degrade in combat if they're in your inventory, and not equipped?

--> Degradable pvp items will only disappear after 30min/1hr of USE. I don't think it'll degrade while in your inventory. I think they degrade if you have them equipped, however.

hzvjpwS.gif

Its very hard to sell most corrupt items on GE, so i would assume it would be very easy to buy.

Dagger is the worst choice for corrupt though, it has no special attack, and it can't be poisoned, so there goes all its advantages over a corrupt scimitar.

Wait, so now someone is telling me that they don't have special attacks?

If that is true, then it blows my theory out of the water :wall: .

NO F2P ITEM WILL EVER HAVE A SPEC. IF YOU WANT A SPEC THEN PLAY P2P!

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Alright, no need for caps. I am P2P, but i was thinking of getting a corrupt item for F2P PKing trips. I was sure that that level 112 wouldn't expect me to pull out a DD when he is at 30 HP and spec him out.

Alright, if everyone else agrees that the F2P Corrupt Dragon Items don't have special attacks, then i have wasted my time.

And so did JaGeX making a useless item set like this.

Alright, no need for caps. I am P2P, but i was thinking of getting a corrupt item for F2P PKing trips. I was sure that that level 112 wouldn't expect me to pull out a DD when he is at 30 HP and spec him out.

Alright, if everyone else agrees that the F2P Corrupt Dragon Items don't have special attacks, then i have wasted my time.

THEY ARENT USELESS. THEY STILL HIT HIHER THAN RUNE ITEMS AND I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR TO YOUR OPPONENT IF HE ONLY HAS A RUNE SCIMITAR AND YOU HAVE DRAGON.

OFF TOPIC: MY CAPSLOCK KEY JUST BROKE :S

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Dragon dagger, same speed, less str, less accuracy than rune scimitar, and more expensive.

Fail.

Dragon baxe seems to be the only corrupt item worth using.

Dragon Scimitar is superior to the Rune scimitar. Just use a Scimitar, B Axe is too slow.

EDIT: WOOT fixed it :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Well, corrupt items are just not worth the money. If you want to pvp, take a rune scimmy (which is a whole lot cheaper than most corrupt items) and drink a str pot in f2p. Should work just as a corrupt d scim would. Dont waste your money on something like that.

OFF TOPIC: For example, would you buy a computer in IRL that degrades after 30 minutes of use but it is half the price of a regular computer? I dont think so.

intermagma.png

And it costs a million times more, dbax is only good because its good for KO. Using d scim won't net you that much higher hits, only more constant higher damage, in which they can just run away from, which they probably will, using a rune scimitar in conjunction with a dbax. well win.

OFF TOPIC: For example, would you buy a computer in IRL that degrades after 30 minutes of use but it is half the price of a regular computer? I dont think so.

I donno, its a corrupt supercomputer, lets brute force password hack every site i can think of at the same time.

O.O

It doesn't look like the question about special attacks for Statius/Vesta PvP weapons has been answered. I'm wondering myself, do things like Corrupted Vesta longswords have special attack ability?

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Well, corrupt items are just not worth the money. If you want to pvp, take a rune scimmy (which is a whole lot cheaper than most corrupt items) and drink a str pot in f2p. Should work just as a corrupt d scim would. Dont waste your money on something like that.

If the computer i was buying would give me the ultimate advantage over most of the other people you can bet your [wagon] i would buy it. See the Dragon Items give you the edge above the rest of the player with normal Rune gear. I am pretty sure that eventhough you spend 100k on a 30minute item, you will be able to make alot more in that 30minutes with the edge you have.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

THEY ARENT USELESS. THEY STILL HIT HIHER THAN RUNE ITEMS AND I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR TO YOUR OPPONENT IF HE ONLY HAS A RUNE SCIMITAR AND YOU HAVE DRAGON.

OFF TOPIC: MY CAPSLOCK KEY JUST BROKE :S

Meh, with my luck, my opponent will just say 'Corrupt item Noob' and run off to a safe zone.

But with the dagger, it's a finishing weapon with the spec. But since everyone is saying that it doesn't have a spec, i can't do anything with it. And I'm NOT spending 3m on a single scimitar that will last 30 mins(you know how long F2P battles drag on..)

If the computer i was buying would give me the ultimate advantage over most of the other people you can bet your [wagon] i would buy it. See the Dragon Items give you the edge above the rest of the player with normal Rune gear. I am pretty sure that eventhough you spend 100k on a 30minute item, you will be able to make alot more in that 30minutes with the edge you have.

Yes, but they cost 500k - 3M+.

It doesn't look like the question about special attacks for Statius/Vesta PvP weapons has been answered. I'm wondering myself, do things like Corrupted Vesta longswords have special attack ability?

I know that the members' PvP items have speces. You can look them up on the official site.

Yes, but they cost 500k - 3M+.

I know that the members' PvP items have speces. You can look them up on the official site.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know they have special attacks, I was wondering whether the corrupt versions have them as well.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Warrior, Corrupt items don't have special attacks, both Members and Non-Members items.

On Topic: You've already found out for yourself that a corrupt DD is a very bad choice. But about the scimmy and the B-Axe you'll have to understand that their main use is KOing your opponent; you won't be fighting entire fights with them because you won't be able to get back the money you bought them with. Also, since Corrupted items only degrade while in combat, you can keep them in your inventory for as long as you like.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

-Do they still have their special attacks? Nope.

-Do they buy on the GE? Or do people junk trade millions for a single dagger? Zuriel's and Morrigan's corrupt is junk. The other stuff... well, it only took me about 6 hours to sell a corrupt statius full helm... they're becoming less and less of junk, and corrupt stuff is used by 20 att/def pures.

-Now, when you examine them, they say 'This item will degrade when worn'. But does that mean it will only degrade while

it's worn. Or does that mean after the first time you equip it, it will start degrading down to 0? - It degrades while you are wearing it, there's a timer that runs like every 10 to 15 seconds that will check if you are wearing it and lower the timer.

-This is about the member's Corrupt items. The ones that don't have 'Corrupted' in their name degrade during combat. But will they still degrade in combat if they're in your inventory, and not equipped? The non-corrupt ones still degrade during combat in your inventory if they are already started degrading.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

A regular Vesta's Longsword will degrade and the timer will start when you hit them the first time. If the timer runs out, it doesn't actually degrade until 1 more hit in combat where you are wielding it.

The timer only goes down in combat though.

With the corrupt one you could possibly avoid degrading that... I had someone hit me like 5 times with a corrupt dbaxe and it still wasn't degraded afterwards.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Its only in combat. I have owned corrupt dragon before and equipted it, then sold it. I don't have proof but take my word for it.

Doesn't work like that.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.