75 Albums you should own, Tip.It version

How2PK

Sweet, I'll get working on it then :) Not big on metal at all so it'll be a bit different from a lot of the other lists.

Edit - posted my top 20 for now, I'll get cracking on the next 30 or 55 tomorrow cos it's late here.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

• 3 months later...

Been Reading alot of TRSM including top 100 artists and 500 greatest songs.

Best albums MUST be influenctial to be worthy.

Beatles,Rolling Stones, any classic 60/70s album is a must

Personally my favorite album is

RADIOHEAD_ THE BENDS

Zooey_Deschanel_Signature_by_HadesDiosSupremo.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll throw together a top 10/20 of 2014 so far or something if people would be into it. Although I feel like we could just use this thread to post lists instead of making new thread for every list that inevitably only get 2 or 3 replies.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Alright, here's my list.

I tried to put these albums roughly in order of how much I like them, but sometimes decisions are hard, so don't put too much weight on the ordering. I'll write as much as I can be bothered to. Don't feel compelled to read it. It'll probably be pretty boring.

1. Oceansize - Everyone Into Position

Kl1iTSn.jpg

A lot of people say that Oceansize's best album is Effloresce, but I disagree. Everyone Into Position is a masterpiece and everyone should listen to it.

2. Slint - Spiderland

2YmsLbW.jpg

Spiderland is basically the father of post-rock. It's over 20 years old and I haven't found another record that even comes close to matching it.

3. Failure - Fantastic Planet

bfXyL3S.jpg

Speaking of aging well, Fantastic Planet has done just that. It was released in '96 and is still the best grunge album. It sounds like what Nirvana would have produced if they were talented musicians who cared about making good music.

4. Dredg - El Cielo

El Cielo is kind of hard to get into, but, once you do, it's amazing. Pitchfork hates this album.

5. Swans - The Seer

You kind of have to be a little insane to like this album. It's a two-hour-long noisy drone-fest. It's ugly, torturous, and brutal.

6. Oceansize - Self Preserved While The Bodies Float Up

I didn't really want to put more than one of an artist's albums in this list, but Oceansize really kicks ass. All four of their full-lengths are wildly different but still amazing. Self Preserved is my second favorite, but also look into Effloresce and Frames.

7. Gastr del Sol - Upgrade & Afterlife

Upgrade & Afterlife is sort of like The Seer, except it's shorter (only 50 minutes long) and more raw. The guitar work is really well done and the alien screeching noises are pretty iconic.

8. Ulan Bator - Ego: Echo

Ego: Echo is a post-rock masterpiece that doesn't get enough credit. You can tell that it was produced by Michael Gira of Swans, too. Really the only problem is that the lyrics are in French. That's just something to deal with, though.

9. Shrimp Boat - Cavale

I don't trust someone who doesn't like Cavale. Shrimp Boat perfected Oceansize's model of fusing a bunch of influences and styles long before Oceansize existed, except Shrimp Boat focused on lighter influences, including folk, jazz, and soul. As a result, none of the songs really sound similar, but they're all definitively Shrimp Boat.

10. Bark Psychosis - Hex

If Spiderland is the father of post-rock, then Hex is the other, overly British father. It's still very good though.

11. Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die
12. Squirrel Bait - Skag Heaven
13. Mogwai - Young Team
14. The Sea and Cake - The Sea and Cake

15. Codeine - The White Birch

16. Karate - Karate
17. The For Carnation - Marshmallows

18. Lowercase - Kill The Lights

19. Lungfish - The Unanimous Hour
20. Mars Volta - Deloused in The Comatorium
21. Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
22. Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
23. Slowdive - Souvlaki
24. Antlers - Hospice
25. Polvo - Exploded Drawing

Top 15 Albums of 2014 (So Far)

Beck - Morning Phase

Cloud Nothings - Here And Nowhere Else

Death Grips - [racist term]s On The Moon

Fear Of Men - Loom

Have A Nice Life-The Unnatural World

Hundred Waters - The Moon Rang Like a Bell

La Sera - Hour Of The Dawn

Mac DeMarco - Salad Days

Makthaverskan - II

Perfect [kitty] - Say Yes To Love

Saintseneca - Dark Arc

St. Vincent - St. Vincent

Swans - To Be Kind

Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso

White Lung - Deep Fantasy

I'm being super lazy, so all your getting is artist and album names for now. If I feel like it before I'm out of work, I'll throw youtube links in for you guys. Although you can totally just copy paste into youtube, which is probably what I'm would do anyways.

• Like 1

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 7 months later...