Super Cheap Fletching Guide 1-99!

Declan

*Red writing is what you need to make, and how many you need (for people who don't like reading alot :P)

Please reply giving me your opinion/advice on this guide! Especially if it helped you, I'd love to know :thumbsup:

This is my guide for 99 fletching. Enjoy and I hope it helps!

Fletching is a useful skill, used to create your own equipment for ranged. There are so many things to make which is why it's so difficult to figure out what's the fastest way to make xp! But here is a very quick guide to 99 fletching! You can get it in about 4 days if you fletch ALL DAY.

I suggest staying at the Grand Exchange to fletch, unless you want to cut your own logs.

Cutting own logs:

Normal Logs - anywhere but there!

Oak logs - Varrock

Willow logs - Draynor village

Maple logs - Seers Village (behind bank)

Yew logs - F2P - Behind Varrock Castle. P2P - West of catherby bank

Magic logs - South of Seers village

Any of the money spent on getting level 99, you will be to make back with profit once you reach the level 65 mark. (Unless you decide to switch to magic logs at level 85, which will cost you 500k to get to 99)

Level 1-20

Buy/cut 904 Normal Logs, to make 13,560 shafts. To make shafts, get a knife and use it on the logs (as seen in the screeny below). Right click the shafts picture, click the 'X' and type in '27'. Keep repeating this until you've made 13,560 shafts. (You make 15 shafts per log, so don't panic!)

It would take you 49 seconds to fletch 27 logs into shafts.

And therefore 30 minutes to reach level 20.

It will cost you around 29k for level 20.

shafts.jpg

20-25

Buy/cut 475 oak logs to make 475 oak shortbows

It will take you about 15 minutes and the total cost will be - 11875

oaklongbows.jpg

25-35

Buy/cut 596 oak logs to make 596 Oak Longbows

Then you'll get level 30 in no time.

*you get 25xp per oak longbow

oaklongbows-1.jpg

By level 30-35 you're in the top scores :D! Go look and be proud! Well done!

35-40

Here you should buy willow logs, very cheap and easy to buy.

*You need 1,119 Willow Logs, to make 1,119 Willow Shortbows.

It will take you 51 seconds to fletch 27 logs into bows.

And therefore 37 minutes to reach level 40.

1 Willow Log = 18gp. Therefore it would cost you 20,142 GP.

oaklongbows-3.jpg

Willow logs again. You gain 41xp per willow longbow.

You need: 1563 willow logs which will cost you 28145 gp.

willowlong-1.jpg

50-55

Congratulations! You've made your first 100k xp! Feels good, doesn't it?

You need: 1307 maple logs to make 1307 maple shortbows. You gain 50xp per each shortbow you make. this will cost you 47016 gp.

Mapleshort.jpg

55-65

You need another 5641 maple logs to make 5641 maple longbows. You get 59xp per each longbow you make. This will cost you 203059 gp to get level 65.

65-70

DO NOT USE YEW SHORTBOWS! Terrible waste of money! They cost a fortune and don't sell at all!. Use maple longbows again. Buy 4885 maple logs to make another 4885 maple longbows.

maplelong-1.jpg

You have spent 514212 gp altogether getting level 70!

But don't panic! You will now make around 46k per each 1000 yew longbows you make! This is where fletching gets useful!

70-85

You will need to cut and string 33612 yew longbows to get level 85.

However there's a method that is cheaper and quicker!

What you do is, Buy 1000-2000 Yew Longbow (u) 's at a time. And 1000-2000 bow strings at a time.

*Yew Longbow (U) = An unstrung Yew Longbow

----------------------------------------------

Yew longbow (u) = 432gp

Bowstring = 175gp

Total = 607

In your inventory have 14 bowstrings and 14 Yew longbow (u) s. Use them together and make 14 at a time. Once you make 1000 yew longbows, sell them.

Yew Longbow = 641gp

Atm you'll make 34k profit per 1000 longbows.

Stringing Yew Longbows is the quickest way, it takes 17 seconds to make 14 longbows, so 34 seconds for a full inventory! You get 75xp per longbow (u) that you string. You will need to string 157654 unstrung yew longbows for level 99.

*Someimtes Yew longbows (u) take a while to sell, so if they don't sell just buy yew logs, make the longbow (u) 's yourself and then string them!

A stringed Yew Longbow should sell within 30 minutes! People buy them to high alch on them.

yewlong-1.jpg

Level 85-99

Doesn't it feel so good that this is the last step until that awesome skillcape? Well heres the final step!

85-99 Magic longbow: You've made 1142838 gp getting from level 70 to 85. You'll need 53419 magic longbows to do it.

However, like yews it's way too expensive, so altogether buy 106839 unstrung magic longbows and string them. You'll lose 5gp per each magic longbow you string once you sell them, costing you 524198 from level 85-99.

Total cost= 1142838 (money you made from yews) - 524198 (Money you spent on magics) - 514212 (money you spent from level 1-70) = YOU GAIN 104428 gp!

Keep following this method until level 99!

This will take around 84 hours (3 and a half days) to do!

Enjoy your skillcape and goodluck!

skillcape.gif

Declan10c.png

Buy bow string and unstrung yew longbows. String them all the way up until level 99! Fastest way there is.

Wouldn't magics be faster although you might lose money i don't know the prices. And you dont mentions stuff like adding feathers to bolts are methods like those just not good?

Buy bow string and unstrung yew longbows. String them all the way up until level 99! Fastest way there is.

Wouldn't magics be faster although you might lose money i don't know the prices. And you dont mentions stuff like adding feathers to bolts are methods like those just not good?

Those methods are bad money wise. I'm not sure about xp, but I've got to level 83 in two days by using my method.. So my method is pretty decent I guess.

Also how do you add signatures to posts :S? I'm new to forums :P

Declan10c.png

Those methods are bad money wise. I'm not sure about xp, but I've got to level 83 in two days by using my method.. So my method is pretty decent I guess.

There is no reason to do yew longs, magic is far much better. It dont cost so much too. If you want to post the fastest and most cost efficient then string mage longbows is the way to go ;)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

There is no reason to do yew longs, magic is far much better. It dont cost so much too. If you want to post the fastest and most cost efficient then string mage longbows is the way to go ;)

OK thanks, I added it in :)

Declan10c.png

This is nothing new, sorry, and it's not even a "super quick" method. Consider researching fletching adamant/diamond bolts and compare the exp rates.

It is quick, compared to other skills. And they cost too much money, notice how my guide focused on money.

Declan10c.png

This is nothing new, sorry, and it's not even a "super quick" method. Consider researching fletching adamant/diamond bolts and compare the exp rates.

It is quick, compared to other skills. And they cost too much money, notice how my guide focused on money.

Consider retitling your thread as "Cheap Fletching Guide 1-99", then. You should still run xp/hour, gp/hour, xp/gp rates.

If you title your guide as "super quick fletching guide", you should make sure it actually tells about super quick fletching. This guide is basically only about making bows, which means it leaves out the things that are actually "super quick".

One important thing about skilling guides is the xp/h/gp comparisons. I'd advise you to do some more timing on things and compare them to other fletching methods. After that you could just do calculations how much gp per hour you should be making in order to find the most efficent methods.

In this form it's basically a cost calculator and the bow level lists combined into one post. It's a start, but requires still a lot more in order to be a "super quick fletching guide".

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I play quite a bit of SC, so my bank is full of those non-stackable tools. -.- However, you could speed up your xp rate by buying yew logs and cutting them in unstrung bows using a clay knife. You get double the xp for that step, still string them with bowstrings bought on the GE, and make about 40gp (just off the top of my head, may need checking) after selling the finished bows. Granted, you get less of a profit than from simply stringing the bows, but it's worth considering if you have the extra SC points.

Tact.gif