Patch Notes 12/05/09

Carl

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Stopped the Ranged Stealing Creation headgear rendering through your head.

* Fixed a render issue with the female plate helmet from Stealing Creation.

* Stopped players from getting stuck in the walls of their house.

* Fixed an issue where an animation on a player and location weren't synchronised.

* Fixed an issue with the decor around Runecrafting altars.

* Several more wall torches have had their flames trimmed to no longer render through the roof.

* Lighting fires will no longer put you in the ticket vendor for Balthazar Beauregards Big Top Bonanza.

* Players shouldnt be transparent, so light no longer travels through them when in the smelting part of the tutorial.

* Fixed a few trees that wouldn't let the player walk past.

* Improved the player chathead when wearing the sheep mask.

* Fixed a chathead issue with the magic hats obtained from Treasure Trails.

* A rug in the Wizards Tower no longer renders through your feet.

* A previously unobtainable bucket can now be picked up as we've moved the chair that was blocking it.

* Fixed render issues with the straw boater hat in high detail.

* During part of the Shadow of the Storm quest, some chatheads were missing. It must have been the work of Agrith-Naar.

* Added remove-roof functionality to a hut in Shilo Village that wasn't disappearing when you entered it.

* Polar camouflage gear no longer clips when fishing or burying bones.

* Improved the graphics and wall pieces that were occasionally not visible at the Ourania Altar.

* Removed an inaccessible Mining rock from the middle of a river.

* The frog mask should no longer render through your head or perform oddly when using emotes.

* The zombie mask should no longer distort female players heads.

* Your feet should no longer appear to sink into the pier on Jatizso.

* A ladder to an underground area has been trimmed to prevent it popping out a little too much.

* improved the animations for cats catching rats. The cats should no longer glide, but pounce ferociously.

* The larupia hat was causing issues with a chathead animation.

* A palm tree that was misaligned with its trunk has been fixed on Ape Atoll.

* Spiritual warriors in the God Wars Dungeon were using a punching animation even though they obviously have a weapon equipped.

* Updated the graphics for a crate that wasn't quite sealed.

* Updated some wall models in Kril Tsutsaroths room, as a small section didn't fit in with the surroundings.

* Improved the view when wandering around the Tree Gnome Village to take the walkways above into account.

* Grass next to a statue has now been brought down to earth.

* Drops weren't appearing on specific tiles in Brimhaven Dungeon.

* Updated all doors in the Dorgesh-Kaan area.

* Updated the symbol on the air tiara to be a little more visible.

* Fixed an issue with the red pirate hat

* Adjusted the model for the tatty torso option on your basic appearance.

* Wearing Ahrim's hood should no longer appear to change female players faces.

* The strap no longer renders through the gnome goggles.

* The Davy kebbit Hat has been updated to work better with chatheads.

* Slightly modified the abyssal whip inventory icon to better resemble its actual appearance.

* Wearing the 10th Squad Sigil and a granite platebody should no longer cause graphical issues.

Quests

* Adjusted the text on the Runecrafting skill guide regarding Rune Mysteries.

* Corrected the grammar in the balloon travelling interface.

* Ali the Wise's chat has been updated to reflect your actions in the Temple of Ikov quest.

* Added various sound effects in My Arm's Big Adventure.

* The Showdown song from Monkey madness has been given a bit of a revamp, as well as added brass and drums.

Minigames

* An odd bug with Soul Wars meant that players who've been waiting a while weren't teleported to the game from the waiting room on occasion.

* The former Bounty Hunter craters now tell players to head to Bounty Worlds.

* Home teleport will now teleport you to Edgeville on a Bounty World.

* Changed a few areas of the map that were either thought to be safe areas or hotspots that shouldn't have been.

* Fixed a few typos in Barbarian Assault.

Miscellaneous

* The small Runecrafting pouch was giving the wrong message when full.

* Fixed an issue with the Pinball random event.

* A few music tracks have changed categories.

* Updated a hint to unlock a track.

* The song "My Arm's Journey" has been made louder, as it was quite quiet before.

* Binding runes at the Astral Altar was missing the usual informative message.

* Random events were occasionally failing to put you back where you were whisked away from, but now they should.

* Adjusted the code for the Varrock Palace wall shortcut near the Grand Exchange.

* The Lumbridge Achievement Diary reward lamp can now be properly destroyed.

* Improved the examines on overgrown cats.

* The digging sound should correctly synchronise with various animations.

* Added the inventory is full sound when catching lava fish.

* Fixed an issue when thieving and then clicking on a location like stairs, which has also introduced a behaviour change. If you were fighting an NPC, and someone else got caught picking its pocket, the NPC would previously walk out of combat and wander away. This meant that thieves could slow down players who wanted to fight the pickpocketable NPCs. The new code means that the NPC should be far less likely to wander out of combat.

* Various random events now have bank deposit boxes in them so you don't have to drop anything if your inventory was full but need it to complete the event.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

* Added the inventory is full sound when catching lava fish.

Omg thanks so much for that, everybody hates it when not hearing that sound when catching lava fish. *cough*

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Rofl at the two people above.... all these small things really add up you know. It's patch notes, and it's awesome.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

* Various random events now have bank deposit boxes in them so you don't have to drop anything if your inventory was full but need it to complete the event.

Thats the one which stands out the most for me.

Can't complain.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Can't complain.

I thought there already were some deposit boxes at the random event....?

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Can't complain.

That was only with the Zombie one I think with the graves.

weiyao5.png

Can't complain.

That was only with the Zombie one I think with the graves.

Wrong, lots of others were given deposit boxes after the random event update.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I think that sometimes, JaGEx employees get bored and prank. I can not think of another explanation.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

* Stopped players from getting stuck in the walls of their house.

They JUST NOW fixed this?! I remember getting stuck the first week construction came out! -.-

* Lighting fires will no longer put you in the ticket vendor for Balthazar Beauregards Big Top Bonanza.

* Players shouldnt be transparent, so light no longer travels through them when in the smelting part of the tutorial.

* Random events were occasionally failing to put you back where you were whisked away from, but now they should.

:lol:

Anyone have a picture of the new whip?

wl7w9j.png

I think the whip looks better. Its easier to see and looks more HD-ish, but thats my opinion.

Yeah it looks better.... in your inventory. When wielding it still looks like a piece of sausage with missing parts. It's awful and unbelievable that Jagex doesn't fix this.

I think the whip looks better. Its easier to see and looks more HD-ish, but thats my opinion.

Yeah it looks better.... in your inventory. When wielding it still looks like a piece of sausage with missing parts. It's awful and unbelievable that Jagex doesn't fix this.

Yeah, I was a little dissapointed at that.

Picture:

newwhip.png

Yeah, I was a little dissapointed at that.

Picture:

That illustrates it pretty well, yeah.

Nice updates. Though the "destroying lamp" thing wasn't needed. Who would want to destroy an XP lamp? :lol:

And is it just me, or on the Tip.it home page, it says May 06 instead of May 12? <--- Oops! Fixed - Red Tanya

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Um correct me if I'm wrong, but every time I looked at someone wielding an Abyssal Whip including myself, before this new Abyssal Whip graphic update, it ALWAYS had invisible parts to it. It's been like that for like the past 2 years or whenever it was that they originally changed the graphics of it.