Range Void vs Black dhide

flypig

Hi all,

I know this probably has been discussed a zillion times before but please bear with me..

I am 5 levels away from 70 Range, which is my short term goal.. should I try and get full Range Void with my PC points, or use it to level my Range, and then wear Black dHide..?

I read about the arguements between the two:

1. Range Void = Higher Damage + Moderate Accuracy

2. Black dHide = Moderate Damage + Higher Accuracy

a. Can anyone share with me if the above is true?

b. In your opinion, should I try for full range void or better off with black dhide when 70?

Thanks for your time!

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

void has better accuracy as the armour boosts it (I think anyway)

armours, unless they have boosts, don;t effect accuracy bows, arrows, bolts etc and ur levels do.

the big con of void is the lack of defensive stats tht other armours supply.

But if u plan to power train, play minigames or rnage from safe spots then void is well worth it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Its more like:

Void: Looks good - Higher Damage - High Accuracy - Low defence

Black D'hide: Looks OK - Lower Damage - High Accuracy - Medium Defence

Void beats Black D'hide if you dont need any high defence, if your tanking something then black d'hide + barrows/rune/dragon works the best. Use void when you are safe spotting or praying (or just fighting weak monsters).

Without void i did 16-17ish damage with 73 range and rune arrows+mage short, with void i did 21-22ish damage and i did hit through rune and medium/high def quite offen in the duel arena. I say void is far superior in terms of damage and accuracy but lacks defensive stats.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

1. So, am i right to say that if i will get hit often, Black dHide is better than void?

2. Is it better to use Void on Aviansies (when I reach 85+ range)?

Thanks in advance..

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

1. yes

2.depends on your tactic and tbh simply d-hide or simply void is ahrd to pull of as u general need ur sara bandos and armadyl item and zammy too if u wanna be extra safe,

but generally for tanking methods blk d-hide wuld beat void (thou tanking usual uses torags and stuff)

prayer methods void wins out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1. yes

2.depends on your tactic and tbh simply d-hide or simply void is ahrd to pull of as u general need ur sara bandos and armadyl item and zammy too if u wanna be extra safe,

but generally for tanking methods blk d-hide wuld beat void (thou tanking usual uses torags and stuff)

prayer methods void wins out.

Thanks!

Seems like I should save all my PC points on getting Void than on Range xp points then..

Any other care to share their views?

I would also say yes for void, with the extra damage and accuracy you'll still end up with level 70 range, and that way you'll have both. If you look at it long term, having the void armor is the much better option

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Void has low accuracy.

Hi,

So your recommendation is that I use the PC Points for Range XP instead of void equipment?

No, I would NEVER recommend anybody go to PC for Range xp. It has low accuracy, which was your question, but it's superior to Black d hide unless the monster has high defense. (Steel dragon+)

Thanks for explaining..

Basically, the accuracy level of the Void versus the Black dHide has been my point of consideration as i am nearing Range 70.. I don't plan to level Range that much, in the short term, once i hit that level. So i wonder if i should focus all my energy now in getting to 70 fastest and then get Black dHide, instead of spending hours in PC..

Think I'll stick to training Range the "regular" way and get 70.. meanwhile keeping my PC points for Void (when i play it).. :thumbsup:

Thanks all for the advice! Your comments are really helpful..!

Void is good for:

Chinning

Aviansies with a pony and/or high def/prayer

Safe spot slaying, such as black demons, black dragons, etc

Training with knives

PvP rushing with a dark bow (not saying I approve, but it is good)

Also, void range+melee owns at Tormented demons.

If using void, make sure to get your other slots filled with the best range bonuses you can, such as archer ring, unholy book, snakeskin/ranger boots, and glory/fury. Also, using range pots helps alot, and they are rather cheap.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]