Plane landed safely in LAX

misterxman

For anyone who didn't see the LAX plane emergency landing, it was flawless. No one got hurt and the only damage that seems to be done was on the front gear and maybe a streak on the runway. An Airbus had the front landing gear turned 90 degrees (something that only happened once before in an Airbus I think), they burned off most fuel and attempted to land in LAX which has a long runway. Some people thought the front wheel would break off when touching down, but it just dragged (tires broke/burned off). Very smoothly done, the plane was going down the middle of the runway without any major movements to the sides and a steady decelleration.

Nice job Pilots, always amazing when they can land in these odd circumstances. I remember one time there was only one of the backside gears down and the pilot literally balanced the plane by shutting off the engine on and making up with the gear-less wing with a running engine.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Thank goodness no one got hurt. I saw it on the news. =0

guess what, changing your color is NOT cool. not everyone uses the same forum style, and some cant read it.

anyways, it is pretty cool how good some of these pilots are, but hey, they just dont let anyone fly the big jets around. they have to put in a lot of airtime first, so they are pretty trained. glad everything went ok, and nobody was hurt.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Anyone know exactly how the thing turned 90 degrees? It did look like they'd have some trouble landing with this big stub now hanging in the way, but the precision of how the pilots landed right in the middle of the lane was excellent. It looked for a minute that that while was really going to cause some fire to catch, but the plane slowed down and the wheel pretty much got burned off from all the friction.

guess what, changing your color is NOT cool. not everyone uses the same forum style, and some cant read it.

Agreeed:

grrrr7qt.png

Anyhow, props to the pilots for that landing. And yes, now the hell does that 90deg shift happen anways :-?

Agreeed:

*image*

Anyhow, props to the pilots for that landing. And yes, now the hell does that 90deg shift happen anways :-?

image20ux.png

.... that was hard :P

Anyways, apparently what got the passengers really freaked out is that they each had their tv on the back of their chairs to watch, and they could see all the news agencies trying to get a sweet story on them.... "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD, LET'S SEE WHO SURVIVES THIS ONE!"... kind of stuff to get people watching, and unfortunately the people in the plane could see it...

summerpngwy6.jpg

Pretty incredible. I saw the landing on TV this morning

No info yet on http://aviation-safety.net/ but im sure they will put up a report a bit later.

I should think that all those passengers deserve to buy the pilot a drink ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Pretty incredible. I saw the landing on TV this morning

No info yet on http://aviation-safety.net/ but im sure they will put up a report a bit later.

I should think that all those passengers deserve to buy the pilot a drink ^_^

Remind me to become a pilot... :shock:

*Rubs his hands*

Mmmm 200+ Pints...

Wait. It'd have to be non-alcoholic. :(

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I saw it on the news this morning, the footage was quite spectacular, with that tire bursting into flame and all. The heat generated by that much friction must be insane. It's amazing that pilots can keep their wits about them in circumstances like that, but I guess the years of training they get before they fly those huge passenger planes does that to them.

The pilots did a great job, but I think they were pretty safe to start off with, planes like that are designed to be able to make an emergency landing with no landing gear at all if they have to, although thats the last thing anyone wants.

edit:typo