Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200M in all Skills

28990 replies to this topic

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Frede173
How am I meant to sing suomi now :(
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Utopia
[ Display Name History ]

Utopia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Utopia
Good guy SUOMI! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Xems
[ Display Name History ]

Xems

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • RSN:Xems
Suomi changed his name? Such an xp waste, there goes like 10k attack xp. SMH.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
But only if you count time offline, in which case sleeping is major xp waste...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Baffler
[ Display Name History ]

Baffler

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • RSN:Baffler
http://en.wikipedia...._Kony#KONY_2012

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Suomi will hit 4b xp in about two days with a 650m lead on number two. Early congratulations to him :).
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,021 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS

Also, in regards to total XP, they could store that value as a string and obtain it from the highscores database as string content. It doesn't have to be an integer variable. But 784 is right, regardless of whether they can change the 200m cap, I hope they only do it when they wanted to, not simply because it can be done.

And how exactly would you do the addition to come up with the value the string would store? Answer: Using longs or BigInt

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

Also, in regards to total XP, they could store that value as a string and obtain it from the highscores database as string content. It doesn't have to be an integer variable. But 784 is right, regardless of whether they can change the 200m cap, I hope they only do it when they wanted to, not simply because it can be done.

And how exactly would you do the addition to come up with the value the string would store? Answer: Using longs or BigInt

By requesting the string from the highscore database (which already had the capability to add large numbers). The game server/client wouldn't need to be able to access the number as anything but a string.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:flyingjj
Unfortunately the high scores don't update in real time, while the total exp counter does.
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Clan Official

• Moderator on Leave
  • 12,164 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
I think it's pretty amazing in a strange way that a top player so popular as Suomi changed his name to bring awareness to a social issue.

[ Ssshhhh...don't tell nobody. ]

Posted Image
[ Follow Tip.it on Twitter ] - [ Did you know we do live streams now? Click for our Twitch channel! ] - [ Like Tip.it on Facebook ]

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I think it's pretty amazing in a strange way that a top player so popular as Suomi changed his name to bring awareness to a social issue.

Very much agreed, especially since he never changed it before.
Posted Image

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,166 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip
  • Clan:Gold Skillers, FnL
<3: Suomi :thumbup:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Thorgmir
[ Display Name History ]

Thorgmir

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • RSN:Grate Scot

I was more struck by the fact that it's a one way change. Jagex doesn't allow more than one consecutive space anymore, so he'll never be able to go back to S U O M I.
Posted Image

Suomi_Finland
[ Display Name History ]

Suomi_Finland

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • RSN:S_U__O__M_I

I was more struck by the fact that it's a one way change. Jagex doesn't allow more than one consecutive space anymore, so he'll never be able to go back to S U O M I.

I am pretty sure I can change it back, there used to be a thread where you can post if you want to change back to name with many spaces in a row. Can't find it now but I am sure I can work something out.

Even if I can't, it was worth it. :)

Thank you so much for the early gratzes and nice messages, means a lot. <3
My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

[ Display Name History ]

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • RSN:784
  • Clan:DGS
I believe you can revert to your original username. Even if it has double spaces. Esspecially since it's S U O M I, who is clearly not using his double spaces to scam, which is why you can no longer make them. (hard to report - before right-click reporting of course)

120DgLastCompReq.jpg

118of120Dg17mLeft.png

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
5b exp before KONY's capture.

Goodluck Suomi!

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Shady Character
[ Display Name History ]

Shady Character

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Clan:Swift Legions
awesome name change. im very glad a hgh profile player did something like this

and early gratzzzzzz :grin:

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

crazycdcm
[ Display Name History ]

crazycdcm

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Vodka

Unfortunately the high scores don't update in real time, while the total exp counter does.

With a small amount of logic, and some substrings, it would still be possible to efficiently perform the calculations in 32 bit. Would mainly involve prepending a substring determined on login to any calculations, and incrementing it by one if your XP gained in a session is large enough.

Don't forget you can inefficiently add any two numbers no matter the size, by handling them as Strings. Just do it the way you were taught when you were 8 years old. The method I refer to is a mixture of this slow and inefficient method, and the inbuilt efficent methods. It would only need to perform the String addition once, by breaking the number into for example, (40)00000000, prepending the 40 to any calculations, and if your xp gained in a session is greater than 99,999,999, incrementing the 40 and resetting.

I agree this is a silly method, but I just can't agree with Flyingjj on this one. It wouldn't even need to be dependent on high-scores, which are themselves are dodgy with updating, you could perform the String addition method on login to determine the starting XP.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • RSN:Thai tong
This video got 7 million views yesterday. You have to go back 15 pages to see comments posted a minute ago. Well done suomi

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

This video got 7 million views yesterday. You have to go back 15 pages to see comments posted a minute ago. Well done suomi

^ Suomi made this?

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

Regardless it's probably some elaborate Nigerian scam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users