The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The Top 250 F2p Skill Total List has been the F2p general discussion thread for quite some time, but the on going discussion there has started to detract from the original purpose of the thread: the list.

So, I have created this thread for you so you may have a place to post anything and everything you might have to say that is related to F2p. Feel free to post on your progress; any level ups, to debate the free game, etc. Enjoy!

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

So how is everyone else planning to raise prayer? I'm basically just saving it for last and conserving all of my money up until that point, probably merchanting along the way to make cash on the side, and hope I can afford at least 92 or so (unless by some miracle I can buy it all) if and when I get 99 in everything else. I guess I'd manually train whatever prayer levels remain until something drastic happens IRL and I quit. :)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I do it the hard way.

Range Ice Giants.

:sad: No merchanting skills FTL. Gabey baby, gimme somma dat $ you got der. 8-)

Log on real quick.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I think F2P should stop complaining and beggining for stuff, when they already have so much. Unfair? Not really since you're not spending a dime here.

I usually don't reply to topics in the general forum... but this post kind of irked me.

Why don't you not even start that argument... seriously. Save us the trouble of making this a flame thread.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Since its the start of the thread, I'll just give my opinion.

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea. It won't hurt P2P'ers, only benefit F2P'ers. Giving F2P higher bows than willow (or was it maple?) would be nice too, as well as the ability to let F2P craft chaos runes and cast some higher spells.

Those who think this will degrade members, you're wrong. F2P won't be getting the hundred or so Member's quest, nor their skills, their leveling abilities, nor items. Just a few things to give F2P once P2P outdates them. KGD is not a very-used boss I'm sure, so what's the harm in giving that to F2P?

Basically, give Member's leftovers to F2P as P2P gains more stuff.

EDIT* Ahh, this reminds me of when TIF had P2P and F2P General forums...anybody remember that? :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Ah, F2P. The aspect of the game that I've played for quite some time now. In fact, of all the time I've been playing Runescape, I'm a 100% F2Per. :D

What I like most about F2P are minigames, and the Runecrafting skill. Since I started training runecrafting, I fell in love with it, and my long term goal is to get 99 rcing.

About F2P skills, here is what I think are hardest to easiest:

1. Prayer - TOTAL CASH DRAINER. Also, omg so many clicks.

2. Smithing - Again, TOTAL CASH DRAINER. But not as many clicks.

3. Crafting - Not as much of a cash drainer, but still expensive. Thank goodness for make x...

4. Runecrafting - Highest profit in the game, but also the slowest exp in the game.

5. Mining - Omg, so many clicks. And all the dropping...

6. Hitpoints - The exp is slow, but at least you don't really feel it.

7. Ranged - The slowest of the combat skills.

8. Melee - The more enjoyable and faster combat skill. Though, there are 3 skills required.

9. Magic - You don't have to use combat to train it. Also it gives profit.

10. Firemaking - Fastest exp in the game, but it involves so many clicks. But it's cheap at the least.

11. Woodcutting - A bit afk, decent exp and cash.

12. Fishing - Afk. Also, good cash and exp.

13. Cooking - Cook x, fast exp rates, and that it is not that expensive makes this the easiest.

Oh, and btw, does anyone know how many people have 99s in F2P for each skill? I'm just wondering, since there is a thread with the 99s in total.

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hm after seeing the List thread go off topic for several days, I thought I'd share my usless thoughts/idea's on here :)

First, I'm content with what f2p has. And personally, I don't want them to make training our skills any easier than they already have (It'd almost make my hard work go to waste!)...

Although...There are some f2p updates I'd like...

1. Skillcapes? It's not why I train(ed) my skills, but it'd be nice to have...I do have MMG's post about how we won't get them, so I'll just wait for the update that I'll apparantly like better...

2. High level, untradeable stuff? Kinda the same as the skillcape thing...It'd also put some skills to better use...I mean, there's really nothing to smithing seeing as you can make more money selling ores rather than using them, and you can save money by buying the items rather than smithing them...Smithing's still my favorite skill either way, but it would be nice to have something that people can't buy or assist for...more skills than smithing that this applies for, but I like smithing :)

3. Idk...i'm not sure I care much about anything else? At least not until someone brings w/e I can't think of up....

---------

Hmm just saying I also wanna get something like mining to 99...I'll confess to being a GOP noob and gopping for my cash...Not sure where I'd be without it (doubt I'd have smithing or magic?), so I'd like to do something that GOP can't help me with, and would be the same if GOP never happened...Don't get me wrong, I like GOP (especially 1v1s, and yelling at noobs), but I think it's done too much for me...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Sonic: Nice list! If I had to make a list, it would virtually be the same as yours, except I'd switch #3 and #4. I don't play GOP for Runecrafting, so that might be why my take on it is different. :P

Cpchris: MMG was considering making skill capes F2P, but then he decided against it. But your remark on GOP is really interesting - how exactly did it make you all of that cash? I always saw it as a great assister for raising Runecrafting but never something that lucrative.

I totally agree with you on Smithing. Someone pointed out to me not that long ago that it's strange how smithing was probably the most highly valued skill in RSC, but as we progress in to RS2, we see it slowly become one of the less useful ones. I definitely think there should be some added utility to that skill.

Which brings up another question :D: how do you guys intend to raise that? I'm 80 right now, and was planning on superheating addy to 85 and then rune to 99 (which would get me 99 magic in the process). Is that a plausible idea? I realize there would be a ton of banking involved, since I was going to stand at a booth and do it (as opposed to having some runite with you, mine coal in the guild, and superheat it). Some people tell me to do iron plates, but that's a real money sink. Then there's addy plates (after 88), which I'm not sure about. I think the loss is minimal, but hey: loss is loss. That's why I was considering superheating rune, where you make quite a bit of money!

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea.

I am P2P, but I wholeheartedly agree on this, just not the mole or KBD. F2P lacks a great deal when it comes to boss/raid content.

Instead, the upper wilderness area should be changed:

1) The upper wilderness wall & gates should be removed allowing F2P to go all the way up to the top of the wilderness.

2) KBD Lever, Mage Arena & Bank Lever, And other P2P content entrances should be removed from F2P.

3) Chaos elemental becomes a F2P boss monster. Its power is kept the same as P2P, making this a raid-type monster like Corp. It would be very difficult/impossible to solo it on F2P.

4) Chaos Elemental drops slightly improved on base drops (and does not drop members items in f2p worlds).

5) Chaos Elemental Wander range should be increase to more areas of the upper wilderness.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Sonic: Nice list! If I had to make a list, it would virtually be the same as yours, except I'd switch #3 and #4. I don't play GOP for Runecrafting, so that might be why my take on it is different. :P

Cpchris: MMG was considering making skill capes F2P, but then he decided against it. But your remark on GOP is really interesting - how exactly did it make you all of that cash? I always saw it as a great assister for raising Runecrafting but never something that lucrative.

I totally agree with you on Smithing. Someone pointed out to me not that long ago that it's strange how smithing was probably the most highly valued skill in RSC, but as we progress in to RS2, we see it slowly become one of the less useful ones. I definitely think there should be some added utility to that skill.

Which brings up another question :D: how do you guys intend to raise that? I'm 80 right now, and was planning on superheating addy to 85 and then rune to 99 (which would get me 99 magic in the process). Is that a plausible idea? I realize there would be a ton of banking involved, since I was going to stand at a booth and do it (as opposed to having some runite with you, mine coal in the guild, and superheat it). Some people tell me to do iron plates, but that's a real money sink. Then there's addy plates (after 88), which I'm not sure about. I think the loss is minimal, but hey: loss is loss. That's why I was considering superheating rune, where you make quite a bit of money!

Well, the day GOP came out, I had pretty low skills (and most of em are still pretty low :)), but I only had 22 rc and trained it while taking breaks from combat. Once I did my first nolifing experience (8pm-3am) for 3-4 days, I had 50 rc. Played a few games of GOP and was already "better" than most (nowhere near as good as the real pros are now though). So I met a buddy and we started winning every game. By the end of September, I had gotten every rc robe and every staff, and moved on to buying essence, and when they had just started becoming better than ess, water talismans.

Basically, it's my best way to make money (as I haven't trained many other resource skills). Aside from getting lvl 50 rc, and about 15k-20k xp training after that, all my RC xp is from GOP, which is usually the point that people have made 1m tokens. So since it was something I was good at, and it was the best way I could make money, I continued to do that (and still do, until I get around to training more skills). Oh, and keep in mind that earlier on, games didn't end on air so frequently, so there was less time spent in the lobby and more time getting tokens...

As for 99 Smithing, I did it the way I wanted to...Overall it cost me around 85m-90m, but 16m was spent just buying mith bars and smithing them...that was at level 51 (I wanted to get it up a few levels, then decided I liked it and began my quest for 99), and the 16m took me to around lvl 80 (maybe less, can't remember)...but at level 80 I superheated mith and addy bars and sold them back, so I didn't lose much. Then at 88 I superheated addy bars and made plates and alched them until I was 99.

So yes, I believe there are better ways but...I'm content with that...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

EDIT* Ahh, this reminds me of when TIF had P2P and F2P General forums...anybody remember that? :lol:

I remember :wink:

oldtip.png

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

<3 cpchris

I'm in the process of getting 85 magic by means of superheating mithril, it'll get me 74 smithing as a bonus.

F2P prayer is just unfair. There is nothing comparable in members to F2P prayer. Granted, we're F2P, so things should be harder. If you measure the fastest GP / hour, its still 3x-4x lower than many members options. Spending 500m on a skill that still requires 1 million clicks and is very, very, very slow to train is just unfair.

There's no win with prayer.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

<3 cpchris

I'm in the process of getting 85 magic by means of superheating mithril, it'll get me 74 smithing as a bonus.

F2P prayer is just unfair. There is nothing comparable in members to F2P prayer. Granted, we're F2P, so things should be harder. If you measure the fastest GP / hour, its still 3x-4x lower than many members options. Spending 500m on a skill that still requires 1 million clicks and is very, very, very slow to train is just unfair.

There's no win with prayer.

hey sees ;)

and its funny...I see so many people superheating for mage and saying smithing xp is a bonus...for me, superheating was for smithing and mage xp was a (wanted) bonus :D

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

So how is everyone else planning to raise prayer? I'm basically just saving it for last and conserving all of my money up until that point, probably merchanting along the way to make cash on the side, and hope I can afford at least 92 or so (unless by some miracle I can buy it all) if and when I get 99 in everything else. I guess I'd manually train whatever prayer levels remain until something drastic happens IRL and I quit. :)

This is EXACTLY what I'm doing :D

In terms of difficultly of each skill I've never really separated each one.

I instead look at them in groups.

Crafting, Melee, Ranged, Fishing --> Easy

Mining, Smithing --> Medium

Prayer/RC --> Highly difficult

Those are only the skills that I have not yet maxed.

Reading the above quote is my plan for 99 prayer (if I get it).

For Runecrafting, 9X assist sucks so I'm going to gradually level it every so often w/ mind tiaras.

For 99 Mining I'm going to mine addy ores and use them for 99 smithing (buy coal) and make probably 80m (I haven't calculated it).

Fishing --> Fly Fish

Ranged --> Ice Giants

Melee --> Giant Spiders

Crafting is easy imo because I can afk it :D

94-99 is losing me about 10m which isn't not bad considering I can merch during skills (10m a month)

Current cash pile: 46m

Animorph_2.png

Reading the above quote is my plan for 99 prayer (if I get it).

For Runecrafting, 9X assist sucks so I'm going to gradually level it every so often w/ mind tiaras.

For 99 Mining I'm going to mine addy ores and use them for 99 smithing (buy coal) and make probably 80m (I haven't calculated it).

Fishing --> Fly Fish

Ranged --> Ice Giants

Melee --> Giant Spiders

Crafting is easy imo because I can afk it :D

94-99 is losing me about 10m which isn't not bad considering I can merch during skills (10m a month)

Very cool. :) I planned to just FoG earth gloves and make earths to 99 rc...we'll see if I lose my mind before then. :P I can't afford to drain any of it in tiaras since I'm just hell-bent on raising prayer as much as possible one day. I might have to resort to GOP eventually.

I have the same plans as you for ranged and fishing. I was considering Giant Spiders for melee as well, but I want as much pray xp as possible so I'm going to try Ice Giants instead and see if that works out.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

May I ask, how is Runecrafting as hard as prayer, and how is Crafting one of the easier skills? :huh:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

May I ask, how is Runecrafting as hard as prayer, and how is Crafting one of the easier skills? :huh:

I make mind tiaras for RC.

You lose money and it's non afkable.

About 11k xp/h.

Crafting is easy because it's only costing 10m max ;)

Animorph_2.png

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea. It won't hurt P2P'ers, only benefit F2P'ers. Giving F2P higher bows than willow (or was it maple?) would be nice too, as well as the ability to let F2P craft chaos runes and cast some higher spells.

Those who think this will degrade members, you're wrong. F2P won't be getting the hundred or so Member's quest, nor their skills, their leveling abilities, nor items. Just a few things to give F2P once P2P outdates them. KGD is not a very-used boss I'm sure, so what's the harm in giving that to F2P?

Basically, give Member's leftovers to F2P as P2P gains more stuff.

Instead of giving them something P2P, expand on something F2P...

*points to sig*

F2P is extremely fun I reckon. It's hard to play it after you get members, but if I had the chance to go back in time and avoid buying that "coveted" membership my friends always talked about, I probably would.

I regret buying membership, because I find that it is a grind. Now, this might seem stupid because F2P is considered a greater "grind" than P2P, but I find the number of skills to train, the number of quests to do, etc. quite overwhelming sometimes. When I think of maxing out, I shy away from the idea almost instantaneously. Who can be bothered to get 99 in 24 skills? Definitely not me.

With less options and less quests, skills, etc. It actually seems easier to max out on F2P, because you instantly know what you're doing and how to do it, without anyone breathing down your neck. Besides, it always seems that there is someone better than you on a P2P world, and you are frequently judged on your cash/gear/skills/etc. In F2P, everyone wears rune armour; nobody is especially rich; you don't need to be rich in order to succeed, only know how to make money to spend on training skills like smithing or prayer.

It seems like it's too late to go back, and it probably is, since I've being playing on nerdboy for about a year now. Still, I'll always have a little bias towards the F2P style of gameplay :).

disturbeda.png

This thread is for the discussion of various aspects of Free to Play not for some users to give their opinions about why they think not paying for a game is stupid. If you want to rant there's a special forum for you to do so; just keep it out of this thread.

Members and free players are welcome to post on this thread discussing free to play gameplay.

If any of you have problems with this, or problems with other members of the community feel free to take it up with an administrator.

~jimmy_jim

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

About 11k xp/h.

Mind tiaras are not effective for exp/hour, actually. There are several factors why.

1. The mind altar takes the longest to successfully complete one trip.

2. It is expensive and loses cash. Actually, all tiaras lose cash.

3. Body tiaras are better exp/hour.

The most effective method is air runes via the Varrock teleport. It is only about 9.5k exp/hour, but you make tons of profit this way (hence tiaras not an option).

Having to spend tons of cash on talismans is not worth the few thousand extra exp. Besides, profit is nice. :)

And I lack the money for hardleather bodies so I can only do gold amulets. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Mind tiaras are not effective for exp/hour, actually. There are several factors why.

Gotta luv Mind Rc tabs. ;)

(minds are way cheaper than bodies)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Gotta luv Mind Rc tabs. ;)

(minds are way cheaper than bodies)

Even with the tabs the Mind Altar still has the longest trip... (assuming you use tabs for all other altars)

If only my internet connection stops acting like a bastard when it comes to GOP. Then, I would be able to test them for my rcing guide. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

About 11k xp/h.

2. It is expensive and loses cash. Actually, all tiaras lose cash.

3. Body tiaras are better exp/hour.

The most effective method is air runes via the Varrock teleport. It is only about 9.5k exp/hour, but you make tons of profit this way (hence tiaras not an option).

Having to spend tons of cash on talismans is not worth the few thousand extra exp. Besides, profit is nice. :)

And I lack the money for hardleather bodies so I can only do gold amulets. :(

Exp/hr is worth more to me than cash since I can maintain 40m cash easily with merch :D

Animorph_2.png