The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Since I don't get too much time to play nowadays, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to list a few updates that F2P got that weren't mentioned on the front page's 'In Other News' (hidden updates, basically). I think there's a thread for that, but not too much of the posts pertain to F2P content. Just like, every time RS gets an update and something was added/changed in F2P (and you saw it with your own eyes while you were playing), just list it here.

Thanks. :D

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Umm... your opponent now comes on top of other players now in Fist of Guthix?

Oh, and also you cannot perform emotes in the Great Orb Project?

And you get up faster from listening to a musician?

All I can think of, I never really bothered to go and check them.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Umm... your opponent now comes on top of other players now in Fist of Guthix?

Oh, and also you cannot perform emotes in the Great Orb Project?

And you get up faster from listening to a musician?

All I can think of, I never really bothered to go and check them.

Wow when did they update FOG?

It was always fun beating level 80s on 30< accs, EXCEPT when I had nothing to do except stand there and hope eventually their name would show up in the list....

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Why would you not be allowed to perform emotes in GOP? I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it was somehow used to glitch. : \

Exactly, and they only banned the ones that are used to glitch, like the turkey emote and skillcape emotes.

I hate to ask, but could you enlighten us non-GOP players as to how you could abuse the game by using those emotes? I guess since it's been patched, the old information isn't classified. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

<3 cpchris

I'm in the process of getting 85 magic by means of superheating mithril, it'll get me 74 smithing as a bonus.

F2P prayer is just unfair. There is nothing comparable in members to F2P prayer. Granted, we're F2P, so things should be harder. If you measure the fastest GP / hour, its still 3x-4x lower than many members options. Spending 500m on a skill that still requires 1 million clicks and is very, very, very slow to train is just unfair.

There's no win with prayer.

you also have no use for prayer at higher levels really.

Not hating, just stating a fact.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Why would you not be allowed to perform emotes in GOP? I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it was somehow used to glitch. : \

Exactly, and they only banned the ones that are used to glitch, like the turkey emote and skillcape emotes.

I hate to ask, but could you enlighten us non-GOP players as to how you could abuse the game by using those emotes? I guess since it's been patched, the old information isn't classified. :P

The glitch is called the six orb glitch.

A player would join the yellow team, and before the portal opened would spam an emote. Skill cape emotes like construction were the easiest to time, but other emotes like the turkey emote would work just as well. The player would keep spamming the emote. As the game round went on, they would still be in the lobby. Their activity bar would not go down because they never entered the game. The would not be forced through the portal like other loiterers, because of their emote. Once the first round of the game was done, they would stop doing the emote.

This is where it gets a little fuzzy, but entering the game late would cause everyone to replay the air altar instead of the mind altar. Players legitly in game would teleport straight back to the air altar. Any player that touched an orb in the first round would not be allowed to touch an orb in this second round (or something like that). Also, only one color of orb would spawn (yellow, always). Usually there would be 6-10 spawns instead of the normal 3, which would allow team to get massive scores (I'm talking 80's-90's, where the absolute max anyone ever got with three orbs was 57ish.)

If they made it to the end of the game, they would get 4-5 full inventories of essence at double xp, which gave them an unfair advantage. Also, many people would played honestly would get booted from the game because they were not allowed to touch orbs or make barriers on this glitched round, giving them a 10 minute penalty and no tokens for their efforts.

Also, I know for a fact that players did not get banned for this, I know who I reported for bug abuse and I know who I've seen since then. Wish I could name names, but I won't. One in particular is pretty famous for being a sab on a pro-gop list. I didn't like them very much before this, and the fact that they got away with this scott-free really upsets me.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

@ Sees All: The highest ever with three orbs was already over 60 orbs.

I sure am glad that the glitch was fixed though. Why didn't they mention this in the Patch Notes?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I actually prefered it when Tipit had a General and a General P2P section. Back then there would be a whole forum for F2P discussions, not just one thread...

I guess there are just too many P2Pers...

Man, I wish Lumbridge has a "Hard" achievement diary. We need to challenge ourselves, not constantly doing the same action all day long just to gain a level. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Man, I wish Lumbridge has a "Hard" achievement diary. We need to challenge ourselves, not constantly doing the same action all day long just to gain a level. <_<

Well, in the last Q&A session, Jagex left the possbility of more F2P achievement diaries open:

Elecmage14: can we expected any other achievement diaries that will be f2p apart lumby one?

Answer: At the current time I don't know.

General Question: Will the Lumbridge Hard section be F2P?

Non-committal answer: At the current time, I don't know. As I say, we're still at very early design phase.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,978,59920654

So who knows? ;)

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I sure am glad that the glitch was fixed though. Why didn't they mention this in the Patch Notes?

Yeah, that was with epic players and epic spawns. Typically getting more than 40 in a match on w61 is something of an accomplishment.

The players that were getting 90+ with the glitch weren't anything special, they were bug abusers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yeah, that was with epic players and epic spawns. Typically getting more than 40 in a match on w61 is something of an accomplishment.

The players that were getting 90+ with the glitch weren't anything special, they were bug abusers.

The highest score I ever got was 51.

Animorph_2.png

For the players that are on the top 250 f2p list, when do you plan on maxing?

And for every f2per, what are your current goals?

And I think a mod hinted that the skill came out in a month with 28 days (February).

Classic joke, every month has 28 day :P

And I think a mod hinted that the skill came out in a month with 28 days (February).

How :o

Usually, I'm very smart, but now I feel stupid.

Animorph_2.png

Just started playing again for the first time in awhile, going to try and get 1100 or 1200 total. I am surprised at how much the price of resources has increased. For example, iron ore (over 200 now, doesn't seem like too long ago it was barely over 100).

Just started playing again for the first time in awhile, going to try and get 1100 or 1200 total. I am surprised at how much the price of resources has increased. For example, iron ore (over 200 now, doesn't seem like too long ago it was barely over 100).

Its because members abused PVP drops and caused inflation :(

Animorph_2.png

Lol.

Actually, its more then that. For one, there is far more money in the game then normal, from simple things like alching and monster drops, barrows, etc. PvP is a small factor. For another, there are FAR more people in the game with a lot of money then there were before, simply because people have had more years of play. Thus there is more demand, and although there are more skillers now, the number of people who want fast xp far outweigh the number of skillers. For example, I used up 50k astrals in a week or two stringing ammies. Think of how long those took skillers to make. Supply and demand, not PvP'ers, is the reason.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

My main goal right now is 99 mining. I'm making steel bars and gaining runecrafting levels in between to ease the boredom. ;) If I gain 4m mining xp like I did last year, then in theory I should have 99 mining by the end of next spring. It's a very slow method (I've been doing this already for over a year) since I mined both my iron and my coal and am still banking the latter, but thanks to the permanently stabilized increase of steel bars by over 400 gp than what they used to be, the profit is very promising. I think I'll have about 100m net worth by the time I'm 99 mining. In the near future, that'll probably be used for smithing, crafting and runecrafting. In the very long-term future, I'll blow it all out (assuming I have more money by then) on prayer. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Every month has one day, two days, etc. All also have 28 days and most have 29 days and 30 days. Some also have 31 days.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Every month has one day, two days, etc. All also have 28 days and most have 29 days and 30 days. Some also have 31 days.

Ahh, very simple.

Lol.

Actually, its more then that. For one, there is far more money in the game then normal, from simple things like alching and monster drops, barrows, etc. PvP is a small factor. For another, there are FAR more people in the game with a lot of money then there were before, simply because people have had more years of play. Thus there is more demand, and although there are more skillers now, the number of people who want fast xp far outweigh the number of skillers. For example, I used up 50k astrals in a week or two stringing ammies. Think of how long those took skillers to make. Supply and demand, not PvP'ers, is the reason.

Actually if the 180 day graphs still went back to mid June you can see that every item rose dramatically when the PVP statues were released.

That was the main reason to be honest.

Alching, monster drops and barrows has been around forever.

The DAY that the pvp statues came out the vast majority of items increased.

People could make 200m a week with PvP 26king etc.

That is why most people have a lot more money now.

Animorph_2.png

My goal as of now is to get 1000 total. After that, I'm going to start working on 99 runecrafting, while also getting woodcutting, mining, and fishing levels to stop boredom.

Maybe I might get 99 in those other 3 skills too...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog