New Skill Research - Roleplaying / Dungeon Master?

me

This is the one decent speculation i've seen so far...With reasonable proof too! Nice thread (=

I'd like to ask tho, could someone explain what those "instanced worlds"? In simple language^^

Thanx

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I'd like to ask tho, could someone explain what those "instanced worlds"? In simple language^^

Thanx

Everyone who is part of the "instance" share the same experience but others don't. I believe this technique is already used in RuneScape in some quests and mini-games. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instance_dungeon for more details.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Well i like ur creativity but i highly doubt thats the new skill

the mechanics are a little weird..

I mean implementing that in a quest + skill would be difficult

It is also a little too similar to the construction skill

and f2p? I doubt this skill would be made f2p

I believe its something like shapeshifting but even that I have doubts about

I guess we will have to wait and see...

We had a thread like this awhile back let me pull out my post.

Sailing:

Islands are random generated locations made up multiple pre-created squares which can include skill resources etc.

Boat Helpers: Crafting ,Smithing ,Construction: These skills improve your ship giving it the ability to go to islands with beter squares.

Resource Skills: Woodcutting ,Fishing ,Mining: These skills allow you to gather special materials for Smithing ,Construction ,Cooking ,Fletching ,Firemaking ,Runecrafting.

Combat Skills: Help you fight island creatures with special drops and Island Slayer monsters.

Island Helpers: Agility ,Farming ,Herblore ,Prayer ,Hunter ,Thieving: These skills help you get around the island and to better locations.

Doing specfic things gives you Sailing Exp and will increase your Sailing Bar once full

gives you bonus Sailing Exp and improved squares on the next island.

More information about the Sailing Bar: The bar goes up based on how much resources you have obtained not how good they are through the better resources give more Sailing Exp.

The bar is based on different colors each represent a different skill/s etc. the more balanced you are with the different colors the more Sailing Exp Bonus and improved squares you get.

They are fairly simliar through its islands instead of dungeons etc.

I offer an alternative skill -- ninja.

Reasons for:

A. It would be possible to create an entire game around the concept of ninjas -- and obviously there are various anime series that have done so -- AND there are games that do so -- but it is not popular among MMORPG games..

B. One of the VERY earliest MMORPG games (Avatar) had a ninja skill -- circa 1980 (yes 30 years ago now). So it is doable.

C. The ninja skill would be a combat skill -- offering multiple swings. More swings the higher the level. Would have specialized weapons only usable by ninjas, would have specialized (lightweight) armors. Would be able to throw knives and stars.

D. If introduced it would alter the combat triangle and make it a combat square. This would be a MAJOR game changer. Offsetting the melee heavily armored fighter by giving multiple attack swings but being essentially unarmored. Not able to throw as far as rangers can shoot -- but able to throw more often in the same time period. And perhaps having a "dice throw" against the mage "bind" spells to make it harder to pin down -- thus dangerous to mages as well.

Reason against: Naruto. Obviously.

I can see this being implemented, but I have trouble seeing it as a skill instead of just another minigame/D&D/activity. Just doesn't seem to fit as a skill

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Wow, that was some killer research there. I'm just waiting for some Jmod to hax the forum and remove your information like an American Government conspiracy cover-up :lol:.

Very nice research and I love how you joined all the dots together, I can really see this as a new skill :). Looking forward to seeing what it is, maybe not exactly like you put it but from the info here I'd say you're definitely on the right track :).

That would mean that I have to focus on combat next... Well, yeah I can do that :P.

disturbeda.png

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone please link to the new Q&A's? i can't seem to find them

Also how would this be implemented as a requirement?

would a quest require 50 Dungeon mastery?

"Yes, there will be high-level dungeons being launched this year. "

I hope this sure means you are right.

I really hope you're wrong, mate. :)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Looking at the new answers from the recent Content Team Q&A, it seems Ren is pretty close to the new skill. It's likely that he is completely right.

Ill admit i was sceptic at first but from the Content Team Q&A i have little doubts about this being the basis of the new skill.

Some technical things like how the dungeon thing will work or the name are debatable but the basic design is settled in my opinion

Yup i agree Ren nailed it. How its put together as a skill will be interesting and what we have to do wether its team work or solo. I guess just the details are missing.

Initially, reading this I didn't think it would be it (it in itself doesn't sound like a "skill" as it would be a minigame) but now that I looked at the content team interview, this is pretty much the most logical explanation. Although they are trying to hide details, they kind of gave away more than they thought. A skill that implements most if not all aspects of gameplay, and balances between combat and noncombat expertise? Not a lot of guesswork from there.

Although some of their answers are a bit off, seeing as I can see that equipment costs will still be factored into funding expeditions (you can't expect to go into dangerous areas with bad gear), and that there will most likely be a bunch of combat encounters involved....one of the answers mentioned several boss creatures for F2P, so I'm thinking at some point you can go bounty hunting for deadly deadly monsters in some twisted nest of darkness.

Also, this idea isn't entirely new, unless we're missing one really big detail that hasn't been remotely hinted at. I think they're playing it up too much. The skill is basically another game as they said, but it's another game that's been done before somewhere.

And of course what you can do will be directly affected by your other skill levels anyway, although it won't stop you from messing with the skill entirely.

There's probably a ton of phat lewt at stake though, and it's fun so why not.

They better be right in that it takes pure skill and determination to be good at though, I'm tired of games that delegate gameplay to numbers and rely on the player to live entirely vicariously through the avatar while they sit and stare at the screen do stuff for them.

Also I'm hoping there's a bit of team gameplay somewhere to be found.

8f14270694.jpg

Thats actually a point that puts me off a bit more... if it's a "bit like WoW" would Mark Gerhard really be claiming it's something that's not been seen before?

But if I'm right in WoW it isn't a skill and the players don't have control over the adventure (I've never played WoW).

Lots of games have the instance/dungeon mechanic, i though EQ has (not sure) and i know GW has. it isnt WoW

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

It's sounds like a really good candidate, but I think randomly generated dungeons, as a concept, has been done in other games. I still think this idea is missing something important. It would be really great if it was team-focused though, no skill so far has been genuinely team focused.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think I figured out the new skill that fits every description so far!

It's:

Playing Runescape!

Think about it, it fits every description:

A recursive skill where you're playing the game while playing the game has never been done before

It involves all of the skills but you don't need them to level up.

Combat is used but does not directly affect your combat level through a result of this skill.

I can't believe it!

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png