Clan Section Suggestions & Improvements

Gamerr

• 2 weeks later...

A clan video section. Where recruitment videos could be posted. Wars can be posted, etc etc.

Help increase activity and also very handy for spotting if clans actually have cheated or not.

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

• 2 weeks later...
A clan video section. Where recruitment videos could be posted. Wars can be posted, etc etc.

Help increase activity and also very handy for spotting if clans actually have cheated or not.

I'll bring the matter up with the Clan Staff for discussion. :thumbsup:

hzvjpwS.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'll bring the matter up with the Clan Staff for discussion. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about this as well, and while I'm sure you are discussing it I just wanted to mention that I think this is a great idea.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 1 month later...
maybe a mod could post a fight prediction topic and have it posted as i saw it attracts a lot of people on rsc

Is actually on our to do list, and was going to be done by someone who left this summer. Thanks for the reminder, will take a look at that again. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

• 3 weeks later...
After a TWR declared war is over i think they should be locked. making them locked prevents the topic getting bumped uselessly.

However, we still want people to be able to discuss the outcome of the war, and locking the topic would prevent that.

polvCwJ.gif

After a TWR declared war is over i think they should be locked. making them locked prevents the topic getting bumped uselessly.

However, we still want people to be able to discuss the outcome of the war, and locking the topic would prevent that.

polvCwJ.gif

They discuss the outcome on the war topic, not the declreation topic.....

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

The mods archive the declaration topics after points are awared i thought?

6590ew.jpg

6590ew.jpg

Oh, I thought you were talking about the aftermath topics. We archive every declaration topic when we update the points (right after the war is fought). Users can't post in the archive forum either.

polvCwJ.gif

Oh, I thought you were talking about the aftermath topics. We archive every declaration topic when we update the points (right after the war is fought). Users can't post in the archive forum either.

polvCwJ.gif

• 4 weeks later...

It's been suggested already here, but what I miss most is a clan videos section :D

Hopefully that should be up soon in some form. :)

Laikrob,

Clan Staff

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

It's been suggested already here, but what I miss most is a clan videos section :D

Hopefully that should be up soon in some form. :)

Laikrob,

Clan Staff

You want my opinion? I don't think there will be enough activity.

Tbh, i'd rather have something like a clan blogs (not just the other blogs) to be put up.

22031_s.gif

• 5 weeks later...

The clan staff seems to be rather weak lately. Ever since people like Loge (even though i didn't care for the guy too much, he got things done) and dbz have left, there hasn't been much direction from the staff. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I can see the public boards and things aren't being brought from drawing board to forum board. I mean, I don't care for hating on the staff but it's just potential isn't being used here. I feel like we have a staff that isn't very well equipped for the task on hand. And the current staff has such a shallow background. We have people from clans BK, WG, TDM and Notorious. With the exception of Notorious, these are all rather weak clans. It's not that this really bothers me because of their but it's that how little they are bringing to the table. How many users from the mentioned clans do you even see around here? Besides a few floating Notorious members, I can't name one CDer from any one of those clans really (that aren't mods of course). That's saying our mods, who should be pressing towards a top notch section, aren't even bringing their own clan in. If they are set to bring and flourish a community but they can't bring in their own pupils, then how are they going to convince strangers to come here? Even worse, the other half of the gang are clanless. Which some of these aspects are fine in there own ways. You need a solid mixture for the best results. But again, I'm not here posting this because I want to hate on the clan staff. It's just sad to see what we (the original tipit clanners) had so strongly chased after being now suddenly forgotten about. Sure you could use the argument that there's more traffic on this section than in a long time, but how much is that credit to the current clan staff and how much is that credit to outside happenings? Because you can pretty much thank the Sals staff for pulling a "tipit" (referring to the old school tipit) and then you have to give props back to the CIC which laid the ground work for success. The stage is here but all the clan staff is breeding is a adequate community.

pan.png

The clan staff seems to be rather weak lately. Ever since people like Loge (even though i didn't care for the guy too much, he got things done) and dbz have left, there hasn't been much direction from the staff. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I can see the public boards and things aren't being brought from drawing board to forum board. I mean, I don't care for hating on the staff but it's just potential isn't being used here. I feel like we have a staff that isn't very well equipped for the task on hand. And the current staff has such a shallow background. We have people from clans BK, WG, TDM and Notorious. With the exception of Notorious, these are all rather weak clans. It's not that this really bothers me because of their but it's that how little they are bringing to the table. How many users from the mentioned clans do you even see around here? Besides a few floating Notorious members, I can't name one CDer from any one of those clans really (that aren't mods of course). That's saying our mods, who should be pressing towards a top notch section, aren't even bringing their own clan in. If they are set to bring and flourish a community but they can't bring in their own pupils, then how are they going to convince strangers to come here? Even worse, the other half of the gang are clanless. Which some of these aspects are fine in there own ways. You need a solid mixture for the best results. But again, I'm not here posting this because I want to hate on the clan staff. It's just sad to see what we (the original tipit clanners) had so strongly chased after being now suddenly forgotten about. Sure you could use the argument that there's more traffic on this section than in a long time, but how much is that credit to the current clan staff and how much is that credit to outside happenings? Because you can pretty much thank the Sals staff for pulling a "tipit" (referring to the old school tipit) and then you have to give props back to the CIC which laid the ground work for success. The stage is here but all the clan staff is breeding is a adequate community.

First it'd make it easier to read if you had paragraphs :thumbup:

Second I sorta aggree. But like at same time having clans not involved in the community you generally get more honnest mods? Idk I like our staff but some seem to be pre occupied or busy with behind the scences type of stuff. TBH it's the same active posters at tip.it. Not one clan on the TWR brings an abundance of their members to post, probably 10-20 at best from one single clan. So it must be even harder to invite clans that aren't on the boards. So rather than focusing on new clans joining we should possibly encourage more people that participate in the TWR to actually post.

Thirdly, Everton for Mod status.

Fourthly, Jimmy for Mod status [ yes FREE Mithril ]

Lastly, Captain Sas Troopers for mod LOL

6590ew.jpg

I kinda agree with Pan here, nothing really happens, except for the CC. When you mention Tip.It on other fora, it's like "CWA LOL?". Like a year ago we had tourneys, proper new clans comming to Tip.It and joining TWR. The tourney Nox worked out just doesn't seem to get off the ground because it doesn't really get help from the clan staff, at least, that's what it seems to me.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The clan staff seems to be rather weak lately. Ever since people like Loge (even though i didn't care for the guy too much, he got things done) and dbz have left, there hasn't been much direction from the staff. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I can see the public boards and things aren't being brought from drawing board to forum board. I mean, I don't care for hating on the staff but it's just potential isn't being used here. I feel like we have a staff that isn't very well equipped for the task on hand.

I'm not commenting on the current quality of the staff, since I didn't work with some of the CLs. But I can surely say they are working hard behind the scenes. This clan discussion was dead about a year ago, and building something up goes with ups & downs. I'm not saying everything is top notch & like an oiled machine, but give it some time. Yes, it will take a lot of time. Some events in the near future could give us an advantage in the future, but it's better to work on something longer & have a decent balanced staff.

I don't like the general things. Which potential isn't used? Who isn't very well equipped? I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that it's allowed to voice your opinion. Some things I always hated when I was clan mod was the sort of posts like " The Clan staff is inactive ". That wasn't true, some of them were and others did their work. If you're unhappy about a CL or a clan mod, it's allowed (I think?) to mention the reason why. But stuff that happen on the topic of chester where people kind of mock him before he has had the chance to proof anything are unacceptable. I also didn't agree on some CL's, and about some I was right and some suprised me. I am strongly for more open communication, but if you feel it's inappropriate to name names in public PM a clan staff member & I'm really sure it will be looked at.

And the current staff has such a shallow background. We have people from clans BK, WG, TDM and Notorious. With the exception of Notorious, these are all rather weak clans. It's not that this really bothers me because of their but it's that how little they are bringing to the table. How many users from the mentioned clans do you even see around here? Besides a few floating Notorious members, I can't name one CDer from any one of those clans really (that aren't mods of course). That's saying our mods, who should be pressing towards a top notch section, aren't even bringing their own clan in. If they are set to bring and flourish a community but they can't bring in their own pupils, then how are they going to convince strangers to come here? Even worse, the other half of the gang are clanless. Which some of these aspects are fine in there own ways. You need a solid mixture for the best results.

I don't want to be bitter here, but there have been a few (ex-) clan staff members from 'big' clans. And to be honest, their contribution wasn't that impressive. The only way that clan staff from big clans works is only when their clan is represented on tip.it, when there is like a heap of clan staff so it isn't too much work. I speak out of experience, I've worked with 2-4 people from "big" clans and I must say I wasn't impressed. They probably did a lot of good stuff in their own clan, but they had little or no time left to contribute to tip.it. First get some more traffic here from those "big clans" before you will have succesful (high ranked) members from that clan that can really invest time in tip.it.

Tip.it has made the mistake in the past to try to lure people to tip.it, which wasn't smart. I believe - and current clan staff can correct me if I'm wrong - we don't want to lure clans to tip.it, we want clans to choose for tip it. I'd rather have less clans here and quality then a bunch of morons who think they are e-cool. The same reason I'm not really that convinced we need big clans, since most of the good clans died & of the ones that are left there are some that aren't really examples of what the clan world has used to be. I'd rather not have those people visit tip.it, but that's just me.

But again, I'm not here posting this because I want to hate on the clan staff. It's just sad to see what we (the original tipit clanners) had so strongly chased after being now suddenly forgotten about. Sure you could use the argument that there's more traffic on this section than in a long time, but how much is that credit to the current clan staff and how much is that credit to outside happenings? Because you can pretty much thank the Sals staff for pulling a "tipit" (referring to the old school tipit) and then you have to give props back to the CIC which laid the ground work for success. The stage is here but all the clan staff is breeding is a adequate community.

I think the traffic on tip.it isn't maybe impressive, but honestly I have an headache after reading RSCommunity for longer then 15 minutes. All the pointless arguments, all the clans that think they are the best because they crashed another etc. Yeah maybe the TWR isn't the best ranking in RS with the strongest clans, but atleast there's some decency there. I think the current habit of fighting boring long hours, without even having to have some sort of tactics has ruined the clan world. Almost all good clans died, only some are left and the question is for how long. I think the current & past staff has a lot of credit for the increasing traffic. And the CiC also ofcourse, and to be very honest I didn't want to close it but it was inactive for MONTHS and we gave enough oppurtunities to become active there to all the current member. We got a quite clear " We're not interested " or " You can do it on your own " signal, it's however you see it so we did. Don't get me wrong, the CiC helped A LOT and I don't think without it we would be where we are now, but the TWR is still running and that's the clan staff their credit. They update it, they negotiate, they keep track of everything. If you feel the CiC-members didn't get enough credit for what they have done, I appologize for that. Because they helped out damn well.

If there are things that aren't going well, you can always make a topic on CD and point that out. I'm sure that if it's a good discussion the mods won't have a problem with it & will even be happy people try to help them out.

Note: sorry if I sound sometimes like a mod, just felt I needed to respond to this post. Nothing personal Pan,. <3:

signature4s.jpg

This clan discussion was dead about a year ago, and building something up goes with ups & downs.

Not to discredit this clan staff but if you look around, what we now have on this section was all brought to the table by former teams or the CIC. The glory just fell upon this generation of the staff because of things that have happened around the clan world and the ground that was laid before them. I'm not saying the staff we have now is uncapable i'm just saying they are bringing very little, especially for being the largest clan staff tipit has ever had.

I don't like the general things. Which potential isn't used? Who isn't very well equipped? I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that it's allowed to voice your opinion. Some things I always hated when I was clan mod was the sort of posts like " The Clan staff is inactive ". That wasn't true, some of them were and others did their work. If you're unhappy about a CL or a clan mod, it's allowed (I think?) to mention the reason why. But stuff that happen on the topic of chester where people kind of mock him before he has had the chance to proof anything are unacceptable. I also didn't agree on some CL's, and about some I was right and some suprised me. I am strongly for more open communication, but if you feel it's inappropriate to name names in public PM a clan staff member & I'm really sure it will be looked at.

I already got strong emotions from some of the staff without even naming names. So I would hate to see the reaction from the staff if I did name names. And I doubt it's even allowed to name names like it used to be, my post probably would have been deleted.

I think the traffic on tip.it isn't maybe impressive, but honestly I have an headache after reading RSCommunity for longer then 15 minutes. All the pointless arguments, all the clans that think they are the best because they crashed another etc. Yeah maybe the TWR isn't the best ranking in RS with the strongest clans, but atleast there's some decency there. I think the current habit of fighting boring long hours, without even having to have some sort of tactics has ruined the clan world. Almost all good clans died, only some are left and the question is for how long.

I don't want this place to be another RSC. But there's so many clans out there that don't use forums that could use tipit. Sals used to be the place for clans under top 15 status. Now tipit is sort of taking that role but we still aren't on the level that sals was back in their "glory days".

And the CiC also ofcourse, and to be very honest I didn't want to close it but it was inactive for MONTHS and we gave enough oppurtunities to become active there to all the current member. We got a quite clear " We're not interested " or " You can do it on your own " signal

Do you not remember how and why the CIC was closed? It was agreed upon by the CIC members in a topic I had created. A lot of us felt the ideas that we had in there were being ignored by the staff and updates were being agreed upon and thrown out without even consulting the CIC. The staff at the time totally ignored the CIC and made it into what was basically just a private "Suggestion" board. The forum then became purposeless so it was agreed upon by both CIC members and staff that it would be best to close the CIC and pass the purposes of the CIC to both the Conclave and this thread (not actually this thread, the original got closed and unstickied). That sadly never actually happened, the conclave is a ghost town nowadays.

If there are things that aren't going well, you can always make a topic on CD and point that out. I'm sure that if it's a good discussion the mods won't have a problem with it & will even be happy people try to help them out.

Nah. Although this thread doesn't get much response from the mods and a thread would probably draw more attention, it would be locked and told to post here.

Note: sorry if I sound sometimes like a mod, just felt I needed to respond to this post. Nothing personal Pan, <3:

Yeah idk. Maybe you should stop acting and just be one? :razz:

pan.png