Clan Section Suggestions & Improvements

Gamerr

Not to discredit this clan staff but if you look around, what we now have on this section was all brought to the table by former teams or the CIC. The glory just fell upon this generation of the staff because of things that have happened around the clan world and the ground that was laid before them. I'm not saying the staff we have now is uncapable i'm just saying they are bringing very little, especially for being the largest clan staff tipit has ever had.

I know what you mean, but sometimes it's hard to combine everything (RL- clan - tip it) clan staff all together. Especially the TWR (and I speak out of experience) drains so much time that after doing the points, posting topics & archiving them you mostly don't have any energy left to write long posts about stuff.

However, I was always in favour of some sort of TWR mods. I mean, people who are especially hired to ONLY do the TWR. People are hired now as CL, which is more then just a TWR mod. I always found it stupid to hire a CL who said on beforehand he/she didn't have any interest in helping out with the TWR, because back then we didn't have much to do next to that. So people who are specifically recruited to do the TWR stuff, like 3-5 motivated people, and then the other clan mods can spend their time in other aspects that have to be done.

I actually left staff because I can't do the TWR anymore. It's something I don't have time for, I can browse forums but I really can't spend hours a day on updating, negotiating etc. I am more a creative person, who wants to find solutions for ideas, who wants to think out new ways. Lately I havn't done that because I felt it wasn't suited to 'brag' with ideas while I was on leave anyway.

I was in favour of specific tasks for the staff, like clearly say "person x does that " and not " person x is a CL, and mods that & that ". Specific jobs, better evaluations. I also don't believe in the "recruit 10 CLs and hope 2 of them are good", because I think you really can estimate well who can do what. It's not critisism on the current staff, but it's just the way I feel.

I already got strong emotions from some of the staff without even naming names. So I would hate to see the reaction from the staff if I did name names. And I doubt it's even allowed to name names like it used to be, my post probably would have been deleted.

True, but I always hated that I had to hear behind my back that some people had comments about me. I'm not saying you have to make topics about "wow that staff member is inactive explanation please", but I'm sure a 1 on 1 convo with a clan staff member where you express your concerns about certain people is really not bad, it's maybe even a good idea. If clan staff members recieve bad/good feedback about the CLs, or about themselves they might know what to do faster.

I don't want this place to be another RSC. But there's so many clans out there that don't use forums that could use tipit. Sals used to be the place for clans under top 15 status. Now tipit is sort of taking that role but we still aren't on the level that sals was back in their "glory days".

I think the succes ScapeBoard had isn't really something that's still possible these days. However, I agree we should keep expanding within tip.it.

Do you not remember how and why the CIC was closed? It was agreed upon by the CIC members in a topic I had created. A lot of us felt the ideas that we had in there were being ignored by the staff and updates were being agreed upon and thrown out without even consulting the CIC. The staff at the time totally ignored the CIC and made it into what was basically just a private "Suggestion" board. The forum then became purposeless so it was agreed upon by both CIC members and staff that it would be best to close the CIC and pass the purposes of the CIC to both the Conclave and this thread (not actually this thread, the original got closed and unstickied). That sadly never actually happened, the conclave is a ghost town nowadays.

We ignored the CiC? I have to not agree with you there. The ideas weren't really that innovative anymore the last months, atleast that was my idea. It was basicly 2-3 people who now & then posted. I think the conclave is too inactive, because most clan officials aren't really realising what impact their opinion could have. But you're right, there's a lot of room for improvement there.

signature4s.jpg

Especially the TWR (and I speak out of experience) drains so much time that after doing the points, posting topics & archiving them you mostly don't have any energy left to write long posts about stuff.

Well sure. I totally despised it when I was a mod and TWR was probably half the activity. But we also only had two people that worked on the TWR, me and Dbz. You have to look at the quanity of staff that is here. We have a total of 10 clan staffies.

We ignored the CiC? I have to not agree with you there. The ideas weren't really that innovative anymore the last months, atleast that was my idea. It was basicly 2-3 people who now & then posted..

I wouldn't say that it was only 2-3. The activity wasn't too bad from what I remember. The clan staff just said they were well enough with a council backing them and, like i said, ignored the main purposes of the CIC. Whatever though, doesn't really matter. What's done is done.

pan.png

• 2 weeks later...
Especially the TWR (and I speak out of experience) drains so much time that after doing the points, posting topics & archiving them you mostly don't have any energy left to write long posts about stuff.

Well sure. I totally despised it when I was a mod and TWR was probably half the activity. But we also only had two people that worked on the TWR, me and Dbz. You have to look at the quanity of staff that is here. We have a total of 10 clan staffies.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Those who were kind enough to be a part of this rebuilding community are able to compare the levels of activity from the past to the present. As such, anyone with an ounce of wit can see the difference and conclude that the workload has increased substantially, in every aspect.

I appreciate what constructive criticism has stemmed from this thread but these last few posts are rather one-sided and ignorant.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 2 weeks later...

You're comparing apples to oranges. Those who were kind enough to be a part of this rebuilding community are able to compare the levels of activity from the past to the present. As such, anyone with an ounce of wit can see the difference and conclude that the workload has increased substantially, in every aspect.

I appreciate what constructive criticism has stemmed from this thread but these last few posts are rather one-sided and ignorant.

What are you talking about? I acknowledged that the workload was nearly half of what it is today. But you have 5x more people for 2x the amount of work. You can call my constructive criticism ignorant but honestly, resorting to flamebaiting because you have nothing to back yourself up doesn't show too much intelligence.

pan.png

• 1 month later...

I kinda agree with Pan here, nothing really happens, except for the CC. When you mention Tip.It on other fora, it's like "CWA LOL?". Like a year ago we had tourneys, proper new clans comming to Tip.It and joining TWR. The tourney Nox worked out just doesn't seem to get off the ground because it doesn't really get help from the clan staff, at least, that's what it seems to me.

^ =D>

This topic really deserves a bump since no action has been taken to remedy any of the issues mentioned.

TRL010.gif

I kinda agree with Pan here, nothing really happens, except for the CC. When you mention Tip.It on other fora, it's like "CWA LOL?". Like a year ago we had tourneys, proper new clans comming to Tip.It and joining TWR. The tourney Nox worked out just doesn't seem to get off the ground because it doesn't really get help from the clan staff, at least, that's what it seems to me.

^ =D>

This topic really deserves a bump since no action has been taken to remedy any of the issues mentioned.

/facepalm

We have the TICT Tourny '10 going on right now.

6590ew.jpg

^ =D>

/facepalm

You are correct; we are not going to inundate people with events, shindigs, etc. There's only so much that people can handle at once! :P Content for our site will be underway shortly, we're starting CD events, the tourney is underway, etc.

As for changing the stigma that Tip.it is a CWA-only spot and inferior, I think everyone--not just the staff--are doing their best to change this. I see quite a few people posting night out topics, pvp fight topics, etc. We allow PvP as a method of fighting in all our events (TWR and TICT). Short of grabbing them by the head and shouting in their ear, there's not a lot of things that can be done to speed up this transition.

Word of mouth is and always will be, however, the fastest and most effective way of changing the minds of the misinformed. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

^ =D>

/facepalm

You are correct; we are not going to inundate people with events, shindigs, etc. There's only so much that people can handle at once! :P Content for our site will be underway shortly, we're starting CD events, the tourney is underway, etc.

As for changing the stigma that Tip.it is a CWA-only spot and inferior, I think everyone--not just the staff--are doing their best to change this. I see quite a few people posting night out topics, pvp fight topics, etc. We allow PvP as a method of fighting in all our events (TWR and TICT). Short of grabbing them by the head and shouting in their ear, there's not a lot of things that can be done to speed up this transition.

Word of mouth is and always will be, however, the fastest and most effective way of changing the minds of the misinformed. :P

I can't believe what you just said. Loge managed to handle everything in TWR back when he was around, why can't the current staff do half the job he was doing? I didn't appreciate him all that much when he was around, but now that I compare the TWR during his time to the TWR I see today, I'm really beginning to miss him.

Comparing TWR to W141 CWA isn't a stigma, it's a widely accepted view amongst the top 10, all of which are real clans. If you really mean what you are saying, then you would be trying persuade the top 10 to come over and join TWR, even if it means creating a separate category for teams. But I really can't see that happening, especially now since there isn't another Loge on Tip.it.

This ignorance is almost amusing, I do not see how the top clans are as misinformed as the team community here on Tip.it. Are you in a team or a clan?

TRL010.gif

^ =D>

/facepalm

I can't believe what you just said. Loge managed to handle everything in TWR back when he was around, why can't the current staff do half the job he was doing? I didn't appreciate him all that much when he was around, but now that I compare the TWR during his time to the TWR I see today, I'm really beginning to miss him.

Comparing TWR to W141 CWA isn't a stigma, it's a widely accepted view amongst the top 10, all of which are real clans. If you really mean what you are saying, then you would be trying persuade the top 10 to come over and join TWR, even if it means creating a separate category for teams. But I really can't see that happening, especially now since there isn't another Loge on Tip.it.

This ignorance is almost amusing, I do not see how the top clans are as misinformed as the team community here on Tip.it. Are you in a team or a clan?

Last I checked Top 10 clans really aren't too interested in a formatted Ranked system. They prefer just fighting, the TICT tournament caught some of them to join, but a few have left. Ranked systems involve more moderation on the outcome. Having a pvp ranked system where you set up wars etc wouldn't work out.

But with the TICT there's been a huge bump in forum activity regarding clans/teams.

I suggest you partake of the community before judge it too soon, and once again If you hate this community so much then please by all means go to RSC. What good does it do to make a replica of RSC here? Our communities are different and Tip.it is quite fine with how we run, they look to improve stuff and they attempt to reach out to other clans, You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the horse drink it. Meaning you can get them to come here but it doesn't mean they are going to post here.

I'm curious as to why you want another RSC community, are you banned on RSC or something?

6590ew.jpg

^ =D>

/facepalm

I'm sorry but no one trolls Ninane cept for Team Dan, hop up off her before you even think about coming onto these forums and critiquing these mods, they've been doing a hell of a job on here with events and the TICT and what not, I haven't seen your clan participating in any of this, oh wait too busy spamming join Holy Invoker in 141 I presume rather than participating in wars that actually matter and earn a place of respect, I can't believe what you said, are you just trying to make yourself look like a fool with your pants on the ground? Because that's exactly what you are doing, we all know Loge did a pretty good job when he was here, fact is he isn't anymore get over it, on top of that he was inactive most of the time and a lot of the stuff that occurred when he was here was jumbled up and what not as he couldn't keep some of the stuff he agreed to straight. Also, if you hadn't noticed CR is already here, and DH is here (dey 0wned VR dey r numba 1) We are a completely different community than RSC, a more welcome community in that fact, and you sir are a failed troll, you come on here and the first thing you do is troll a mod, In the great words of Danny... udumbbroski? You make absolutely no sense in your troll post and will continue to get anti-trolled by Team Dan for as long as it takes.

Can't wait to show you the difference between a TWR clan and a 141 clan. (Expect a declaration soon) Welcome back to TWR, sadly you couldn't come back in style. JOIN HOLY INVOKER 75+!@@#$@#*& WE GOT COOKIES

FOR NINANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for any mod reading saying oh I'm just calling them a 141 clan, I'm ded srz yo

Picture1-3.png

smokeysavedcd.png

Do us all a favor, construct a proper sentence.

Let's get back on topic, if you have a Clan Discussions-related idea/question then feel free to post here. If it's nothing but a rant or reply to a rant feel free to move it to PM.

The staff is always open to new ideas and we examine constructive criticism and do our best to improve based on the feedback of the users. This thread still isn't for rants, if you believe the staff is bias feel free to contact an Administrator (people with red names) if you want to rant I believe this quote from the Rants forum would be useful:

Remember that the Rants forum is for RuneScape-related rants only. If you have a rant regarding the Tip.it forum or its users, you may create a thread in Forum Updates & Suggestions. All rants related to the Tip.it website belong in Website Discussion. If you have a rant about something not related to RuneScape or Tip.it, you may post it in Off-Topic. But remember, the Tip.it Forum Rules still apply so that means no flaming or naming names.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Please don't try to censor evade, the censor is there for a reason, if you do attempt to evade the censor through posting pictures or using symbols then your post will be removed no matter the severity of the word(s), if it is censored then we do not wish to see it.

Cheers,

Steeny

Do you want to love me?

• 1 month later...

If you guys still read this, could you start clearing the clan fights and predictions weekly so it's easier to see what's happening at the time. (Hopefully people will actually start using it) =x

Read and thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

Will be discussed, as I agree that it would be better if actually used. :) (D'oh!)

Laikrob

Clan Staff

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Double post, because I can: Topic will be cleaned soon, and we will try to encourage more activity there.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :^_^:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

OK, going to repost since my post was deleted and I'm not sure why :unsure:

When a clan declines the same clan a repetative amount of times, I think that they should lose a progressively larger amount of points. I put in a formula in the post that got deleted that went something like this:

Points lost= 100+10X where X= the number of times that Clan A has declined Clan B. This means that after awhile the loss would be too much to bear for point-farming clans, so they would eventually start warring Clan B instead of taking large hits to their total point count.

I just think it's unfair to clan's trying to get wars if they keep getting declined by a clan that they want to fight, because a 100 point loss is currently quite small- but it makes sense if a clan only declines once. The penalty should grow exponentially with each time Clan A declined Clan B, thus my formula.

Make of it what you will, please don't delete again :S

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Not so deleted, as you know now. :P

TWR suggestions will be commented on in that topic. :)

• 4 months later...

I was wondering what happened with the clan memberlists? I used to remember some crew members were working on that and - if I may say so - the results were already promising (~ 2009). I heard a few weeks ago nobody is working on it, why is that? If the current crew members don't have time/don't have it as a priority couldn't you open apps or something to find somebody who could work on it?

I'm just curious, this isn't a post to offend the crew was just wondering. :thumbup:

signature4s.jpg

I was wondering what happened with the clan memberlists? I used to remember some crew members were working on that and - if I may say so - the results were already promising (~ 2009). I heard a few weeks ago nobody is working on it, why is that? If the current crew members don't have time/don't have it as a priority couldn't you open apps or something to find somebody who could work on it?

I'm just curious, this isn't a post to offend the crew was just wondering. :thumbup:

The coder who was working on the project had to resign and due to some real life commitments. Due to some upcoming changes in the site which are pretty exciting and awesome, the existing code had to be scrapped , The project is not abandoned and although it's delayed, we sre still working on ways to get this awesome and needed project out. If someone is interested in coding, PLEASE message me.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• 5 months later...

Activity is dwindling at the moment so wouldn't mind seeing clan staff more involved in the community part of the boards. I'm not saying spam post in every topic, but if we could get all of the clan staff posting in Wars & run-ins even, it'd contribute greatly to the overall state of the board. After all, the clan staff are members of the community as well, right?

j0xPu5R.png

We'll try our best to play a more active role in the community. :)

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

• 2 months later...

[hide]Merged topics aren't handled properly. I know there was only one merged topic in the span of Tip it clanning, but still. More for the future. Instead of merging the topic using the moderator tool, try and remove the first posts of both topics and quote them in one post. This way both results are shown and the other isn't on like the second page. :P

Example:

Have lots of posts saved beforehand in a board. This way when the topic is merged that post will always be the first post. Edit in both of the fight topics from both clans in the first post.[/hide]

j0xPu5R.png