Shattered Heart Discussion

killmenub

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Maz posted more info about the reward of compliting the statue

Quick find code: 15-16-169-60593562 Page 22

[Hide=Warning Spoiler]It's listed as a D&D in the manual cause there isn't a "skill update" section.

Up till now I've not been able to give a simple answer on this topic as there wasn't one.

***Spoiler alert (highlight to read)***

I have been in discussion with Mod Mark (the co-designer on the project) as to whether it should be more than just a cosmetic reward and we have been exchanging ideas.

The conclusion is that by giving anything more than a cosmetic reward we would then be forcing people into doing this activity and thereby encouraging gameplay that we were not aiming for (the active hunting of rocks rather than just stumbling upon them). Therefore the statue will remain cosmetic only.

There remains the reward of the XP that you gain purely by training the skills and gaining the rocks and I will continue to strive to improve this aspect of the update.

***Spoiler alert over***

Mod Maz

Queen of the Squirrels [/Hide]

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

[Hide=Warning Spoiler]It's listed as a D&D in the manual cause there isn't a "skill update" section.

Up till now I've not been able to give a simple answer on this topic as there wasn't one.

I have been in discussion with Mod Mark (the co-designer on the project) as to whether it should be more than just a cosmetic reward and we have been exchanging ideas.

The conclusion is that by giving anything more than a cosmetic reward we would then be forcing people into doing this activity and thereby encouraging gameplay that we were not aiming for (the active hunting of rocks rather than just stumbling upon them). Therefore the statue will remain cosmetic only.

There remains the reward of the XP that you gain purely by training the skills and gaining the rocks and I will continue to strive to improve this aspect of the update.

***Spoiler alert over***

Mod Maz

Guess that means i was right :P

(hate to say i told you so? ;))

Lord_Beloved.png

Soon as i heard about the the agility change (full laps), i did two laps at gnome (normal) course and got two rocks ...

i did a full bear at grey chins without getting a rock, then spent 5 mins at falcon and got one - 2nd i'll do tomorrow.

Tsjilp.png

Well...it is DEFINATELY true that fishing spots move more quickly and trees fall more quickly while there are more people present, so you will spend more time moving to spots, so more people will slow you down overall.

I personally never a relationship in the rate at which fishing spots move, and the number of players.

Try monkfishing on world 99 or some other popular world, and then try a new zealand or some other deserted world.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

***Spoiler alert over***

Mod Maz

Well, now I can stop retraining all my old 99s just for replica rocks. Not worth the effort. And I don't need more XP in my 99s, thank you very much.

I can also free up all this skiller junk I had to restock again and get my bank space back.

I'm glad they are being upfront about this now. If it got to week 29 or 30 and they released this info, I'd pop a vein.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Sad thing is once you get the xp giving rocks you still need the stats you have 99s in to finish the statue and get more xp

So basicly it should give more rewards than xp seeing as they force you to do it either way if you choose so

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Thank you for posting that "spoiler". It gets really, really old just standing around in my house waiting for that stupid second rock. Especially since I already have 99 construction. Hopefully Jagex won't change their minds down the line and will leave it as just a cosmetic statue. But for now I think I will just turn off the rocks.

Sad thing is once you get the xp giving rocks you still need the stats you have 99s in to finish the statue and get more xp

So basicly it should give more rewards than xp seeing as they force you to do it either way if you choose so

They don't force you to play this D&D. If you want you can go to the museum and stop the rocks from appearing in your inventory.

asrhasrh.jpg

***Spoiler alert over***

Mod Maz

Well, now I can stop retraining all my old 99s just for replica rocks. Not worth the effort. And I don't need more XP in my 99s, thank you very much.

I can also free up all this skiller junk I had to restock again and get my bank space back.

I'm glad they are being upfront about this now. If it got to week 29 or 30 and they released this info, I'd pop a vein.

Hi

It is a quite a disapoitment to learn that we don't get anything other than a nice replica statue for our tireless effort (i know we get some bonus experience for adding stones to the statue in Varrock and we seem to forget this fact !)

I read some of the posts in the thread and came up with an idea which i posted in the thread:

I think the news that making the replica statue in your POH don't give anything but a nice new decoration is very bad news indeed !

I should give something useful, but not something which is "essential" when playing the game.

None essential features could be:

Additional experience when standing next to the statue or performing a task in your house - below are a examples:

- fletching bows (Fletching)

- stringing bows (Fletching)

- making arrows (Fletching)

- stringing amulets (Crafting)

- cutting gems stones (Crafting)

- making unfinished potions (Herblore)

- cooking seaweed (Cooking)

etc.

My post in the forum

I hope my idea is getting supported.

***Spoiler alert over***

Mod Maz

Well that's a disappointment.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

It is a quite a disapoitment to learn that we don't get anything other than a nice replica statue for our tireless effort (i know we get some bonus experience for adding stones to the statue in Varrock and we seem to forget this fact !)

Heh, remember the magnifying glass with a stupid emote? :P

09144a99bb.png

Heh, remember the magnifying glass with a stupid emote? :P

It was a holiday/community thing... we expect such from them.

I never really did expect something amazing, I guess having something to brag about would be fine.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Heh, I'd like to at least see Dahmaroc come back to life/break the curse. :(

I suppose it's somewhat understandable why Jagex doesn't want for there to be a "great" final reward, but I hope those players who are able to collect all 900 strange rocks and turn them into the museum will be rewarded with something other than XP. Anything will do, really, in addition to the replica statue. :mellow:

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Heh, I'd like to at least see Dahmaroc come back to life/break the curse. :(

I suppose it's somewhat understandable why Jagex doesn't want for there to be a "great" final reward, but I hope those players who are able to collect all 900 strange rocks and turn them into the museum will be rewarded with something other than XP. Anything will do, really, in addition to the replica statue. :mellow:

I think at the very least they could use it as a means to break the curse or in some way progress the lore of Dahmaroc or the game in general. I hope for something, not just a little statue.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

[hide=Cosmetic Reward Spoiler]

Id bet the statue allows you to either

A. Move rooms around

B. Be able to make things in your poh free for no xp

C. Give nothing but xp and a crappy statue[/hide]

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Yeah, a bit disappointing, but ahh well it's okay. I still find it as a fantastic way for me to keep track on doing skills and not ignoring some.

Question though, does the odds of getting a rock increase when making green dragonhide bodies over vambraces? or mith plates over something like darts?

Yeah, a bit disappointing, but ahh well it's okay. I still find it as a fantastic way for me to keep track on doing skills and not ignoring some.Question though, does the odds of getting a rock increase when making green dragonhide bodies over vambraces? or mith plates over something like darts?

no they do not

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP