Middle Mouse as Second Left Click...

Hello, everyone... :mellow:

Prior to Jagex's release of the RT5 (RuneTek5) game/graphical engines, the middle mouse button acted as a second left-click. This was rather nice, and extremely useful, as I could spare my left mouse button for all those drag&drop operations and the insane ton of non-RuneScape things that I couldn't use a middle mouse button to do instead. :^_^:

Then came the RT5 update, and such awesome functionality went away. The middle mouse button became totally non-functional in RuneScape. This rapidly brought me upset and depression, as it meant that what I had trained my hands and mind to do was no longer valid. Worse, this meant that my middle button started to become underused again, and my left button severely overused. (And geez, I'm a FireFox user!!!) IMO, Jagex has gone and made one of the worst mistakes they could make, both financially and physically speaking. With this change, now a person's left mouse button wears out just that much more quickly. Plus, when it does, the person using the mouse has to buy a new mouse to continue using their computer properly, because that button is a staple necessity on today's computers. :(

Well, I've hit the point where I'm ticked off and won't stand for it anymore. So I've written this thread. The question is, who all of you share my opinion on this issue? Who all of you want back the ability to make your computer's mouse live much longer than it was once thought it could? WHO ELSE HERE, LIKE ME, IS TICKED OFF ENOUGH TO SUPPORT AND HELP ME GET THE POINT ACROSS TO JAGEX?!?!? :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Time to restore a button's usefulness!" Devnull

RSOF Mirror Thread: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?83,84,353,60546549

(Add your support to both here, and there ^^^ as well, so Jagex will be certain to see it. Thanks!)

[spoiler=Current Supporter List]1...) "Mr. D. V. Devnull", The Idea's Creator

2...) zaaps1

3...) sees_all1

4...) halestone48

5...) daxter76

6...) cooldog08

7...) Zantareous

8...) Ouchy_S

9...)

10.)

11.)

12.)

...and many more to come... :)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Wow wow wow, there was really a function for the middle mouse button!? Really? I didn't ever knew about that... It didn't represent a problem at all being used to the LMB. However it may be nice to use it.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Same I never knew!

Why would they remove that though lol? It makes no sense. I support bringing it back though, as long as it doesn't create some strange unforseen problem.

Wow wow wow, there was really a function for the middle mouse button!? Really? I didn't ever knew about that... It didn't represent a problem at all being used to the LMB. However it may be nice to use it.
Can I consider that a "support"? :huh:

~D. V. "Just trying to clarify..." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

they may have taken it out with good reason - they might use it in the future with the new skill? and... scrolling sounds vaguely familiar to ... SAILING!!!!@!@$!

Just kidding.

I have no problem with this getting added back in the game... you can add me to your supporters list here. Let us know when your RSOF post is created, and I'll add my support there as well.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I've updated the supporter list here, and put up the RSOF mirror! Please put your support both here, and there as well, so Jagex can see it more easily! :thumbsup:

Also, I've updated the thread subtitle on this forum slightly... It just didn't sound right... :wacko:

(BTW, don't ask people who use IRC for added support... They don't get the point...)

~Mr. D. V. "The word must spread!" Devnull

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Edited by Gandorf61
Please do not unnecessarily stretch the page.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kicking this thread back to page 1... I've still got a little to sort out. :cool:

I'll also import some notes from the RSOF mirror soon... :idea:

~Mr. Devnull

A few weeks ago I remembered the functionality it used to serve and attempted using it again only to find that it no longer works. I would like to see it returned to the same functionality as a left-click.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Feel free to add me to the Supporters list.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg