TUTO ISLAND has some Bad News...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you did BA, did you actually get all the way through and kill the queen?

No, though I hope that I'll be able to survive the queen wave in the future, when I have a lot more defense and a LOT of luck. In the meantime, I'm building a respectable collection of Barbarian Assault wave 10 tickets.

So, I'm not sure that anybody cares about my boring ol' quest reward screens, but hey, I have them all sitting in a nice little folder over here, and it'd be a shame to let them go to waste!

[hide=Quest Rewards]hazeelcult.png

In case you're wondering, I joined the dark side. :twisted:

plaguecity.png

observatory.png

There was a 1 in 12 chance that I wouldn't be able to finish this quest. (If you get the starsign "Leo," the quest reward includes constitution experience.) Luckily, the random-number-generator gods weren't against me that day.

clocktower.png

sfriend.png

waterfallj.png

:cool:

losthermarbles.png[/hide]

Now that that's over with, I have some big news! You know how I've been saying that it's time I got a cannon? Well... I spent some time yesterday, working hard, training skills, scrimping and saving, and I finally had enough money to buy...

yaaaay.png

...my first PARTY HAT! :thumbsup: I know it's only a purple but I still think it's pretty cool.

Unfortunately, though, I got a little bit overconfident about where I brought it...

abyss.png

...and lost it to the Jail Guards by Draynor! #-o

nooooo.png

Oh well... I have enough money left over for a cannon though, so at least that's something. :wink:

kindness.png

I LOVE this blog!

Feel free to add me ingame if you need some help and I'll do my best to help you out!

And please, never stop having as much fun as you seem to be having right now.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

u should check out waterfall quest i've gotten 30+ attk and str from lvl 1 off of it it doesnt give hp xp i dont think im pretty sure u dont need to kill any thing buttttttttt check into it :) ur blog makes me smile haha

l_steak_alot.png

u should check out waterfall quest i've gotten 30+ attk and str from lvl 1 off of it it doesnt give hp xp i dont think im pretty sure u dont need to kill any thing buttttttttt check into it :) ur blog makes me smile haha

Way ahead of you! :wink: If you scroll up, you'll find the reward screen for Waterfall quest underneath the "hide."

Okay!

There's something that I need from you.

Don't worry, it won't cost you anything, and it should be easy enough to oblige.

What I need is for you to think back to a time that you've seen pro wrestling. Maybe you were just channel surfing and happened to pause on it for a few seconds; maybe you have a considerable interest in pro wrestling and watch it regularly (that's fine, I won't judge you). Either way, you're bound to have seen, or rather, heard, an announcer, at some point, cry out: "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Now, if you watch any TV at all, it's also inevitable that you'll have seen the eponymous "monster truck rally" commercial. These are the commercials that you see now and then with thirty action-packed seconds of metallic carnage. Big trucks drive over little trucks, bigger trucks drive over big trucks, and progressively more ludicrous contraptions tear even those bigger trucks to shreds, while a voice-over tells you that you'll see all of this, and more, on Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! You will learn from this gravelly-voiced gentleman that, while a ticket gets you one entire seat, you will only need the edge.

Finally, with these things in mind, consider the last time you went out to a professional sports game. It doesn't really matter which sport – my own experience is with baseball, but they're all pretty much the same, in at least one way. You know that moment, where the home team starts piling out of the locker room or dugout, and onto the ice, diamond, court and/or field? That moment when the action is finally getting underway, when the pre-game tension bursts like a dam, and everybody in the stands is going crazy? That moment, when, above it all, a charged-up riff from some eighties classic blares, and the announcer yells out the names and numbers of the home team players like he was a Southern Baptist preacher listing the glories of his Lord?

You know it? Good.

What I need is for you to shout with me.

Shout with me. I don't care if it's 3 am, and your little brother is asleep five feet from your head. I need you to shout with me. There is no need for fear, or trepidation, for you will not be calling out alone. Your voice will be one of many.

I need you to channel the strength and power of the pro wrestling announcer. I need you to channel the truck rally advertiser's ferocity, and his malicious glee. I need you to feel the sports announcer's certainty of the glory, the holiness of the team he introduces. Feel the energy welling up inside of you, that absolutely demands to be released, and SHOUT THESE WORDS:

CANNONNNNNNNN

RAMPAAAAAAAGE!!

biohazard.png

earthelementals.png

giantrat.png

vampslayercannon.png

cattlerampage.png

duckw.png

rat.png

kindness.png

This is for sure a very interesting way of playing the game. It will be very interesting to see how you progress. You have already completed quite a few quests. I wish you the best of luck with your questing!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

congrats on ur cannon! and is that count draynor in the 4th pic?

Yup! What you see there is him strutting about after knocking Tuto off her feet. However, the tables soon turned... :twisted:

It's good to see a clanmate in here, by the way. We pures need to look out for each other.

very nice. can we expect quests like lost city and other quests that you need to kill a high lvl monster in the future?

Yes! As I've been saying all too often lately, to friends, clanmates and random passersby, I'm getting there. Eventually. Admittedly, I've been dawdling a bit lately. ;-) But, until I actually do something legitimately impressive, maybe this will tide you over?

touristtrap.png

This was the trickiest quest that I've done so far. I was expecting that killing the mercenary captain would be a simple affair - work through the captain's dialogue tree, get him hostile, set up a cannon, get it firing, and that'll be that, right?

hmmmb.png

But, as I'm not one to give up easily, I started experimenting, and found that if you set up a cannon here...

cannonspot.png

...and then lure the mercenary captain over around here...

aroundhere.png

...then the situation almost resolves itself. Almost, but not quite. To make sure that all cannonballs flew where they were supposed to, I also brought a friend down here to, ahem, "distract" the other mercenaries. (Thanks again, Royal!)

I faced some other unpleasant difficulties in this quest, partly because of my 9 hp, but mostly because it's Tourist Trap. <_< Oh well, it wasn't all bad...

ride.png

...but when I finally finished that quest, I was more than ready for a vacation! So, I left the blistering heat of the desert behind me...

relaxing.png

...and travelled to beautiful, tropical Karamja!

shaik.png

shiloh.png

For those who are curious, here are my current bank and stats:

[hide=Bank and Stats]bankc.th.png

statsbu.png[/hide]

And I also have LOADS of quest reward screenshots that I haven't posted yet, so here they are, under the hide, where you don't have to look at 'em. ;-)

[hide=Quest Rewards]shieldofarrav.png

vampslayer.png

spotion.png

biohazardreward.png

speak.png

elementalworkshop1.png

elementalworkshop2.png

tribaltotem.png

junglepotion.png

taibwowannai.png

(I never saw the quest reward screen, because I accidentally clicked out of some character dialogue at the exact wrong time. #-o)

thegolem.png[/hide]

Bye for now.

kindness.png

Great! I've been watching your blog for a few weeks now, and I'm really impressed with the progress =D>

You remind me of the time i had the most fun in RS. Just doing what you felt like, and trying to do it under certain circumstances. In this case, not going over 9 constitution.

And plus i love all of the screenshots you take. It reminds me when i used to take them all the time. But now it's too much for my old computer to open paint, name and save them. I usually end up lagging out =S

I only really to do it now when i gain a level/do a quest or some other achievement worth noting.

But anyway, great blog and i look forward to future posts ^.^

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Dude! Great blog. :thumbup: I'm definitely going to be watching this one.

I haven't had time to go through it all yet (lots o' pics + slow connection = :wall: ), but I'm loving it so far. As one of those "maximize their xp per hour" people (but only 'till I get 99 Mining), I still try to enjoy the game as much as I can...though it's mostly vicariously though people like you. :lol: Keep up the great work!

Poor little Foofles. We barely knew ye. :boohoo:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You're really doing amazing progress. You take on RS in a very humoristacal (Don't know how to spell that :P ) way and you do the best out of the situation in every case. You just go your own way and have fun, just like you're supposed to do. Awesome. There's not a lot of people playing this game in such a free way as you are.

The best of luck to you.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Your blog is great. It might not be of some high ranked or extraordinary rich player, but of an average player. But that is what makes you special. You're not playing the game to become number 1, achieve 99's or become rich. Instead you play for fun, and I think that is what a lot of Runescape players are missing now days. Runescape players often take the game way too serious and that causes them to be often stuck up and not particularly friendly, even these forums are getting that way. Anyway, you play for fun and I think that's the way the game was intended to be played way back in RSC, so I applaud you for having a great blog and a great way of playing. Keep it up and keep having fun!

Runescape players often take the game way too serious and that causes them to be often stuck up and not particularly friendly, even these forums are getting that way.

The Runescape social scene is definitely starting to feel weird. I'm not sure, though, that Runescape players are taking this game more seriously than they used to (there have always been people who take this game VERY seriously), and I'm also not sure that Runescape players are less friendly than they used to be. I think that the average player is every bit as eager to make new friends as ever! But, some other things have changed. I'm not sure what changed exactly, or how, but I have my theories, and the Grand Exchange is one thing that I'd like to point an accusatory finger at.

Yes, I suppose that rants about the GE and about trade restrictions are nothing new. But, hear me out. :wink:

Back in the old days, before you kids were born, if a player wanted to sell some super sets so he could afford one of those awesome dragon meds, then this player couldn't just jog down to the GE and type some numbers into a box. He or she had to browse forums, post threads, and do their time in Varrock center or Fally park, so that they could eventually find somebody interested in what they had to offer. Now, I know that a lot of people don't miss this process at all. It was time-consuming, it was frustrating, and a few people you'd meet along the way would be just plain jerks. But, all the same, I believe it was community building, in an indirect sort of way. Trading is a social thing! If you want your big business deals to be successful, you have to communicate. You have to be able to recognize that your trading partner is a human being with their own needs, and thus be ready to compromise. And, even though the person you trade with won't stay on your friends list forever, you're still reminded that, yes, there are other people in Runescape, and to accomplish what you want to accomplish, you need their help.

Now, thanks to the GE, an individual's journey through Runescape can be entirely independent. Well, no, independent is the wrong word; let me change that to isolated. All the buying and selling that a player needs to do can be done automatically - humans have been entirely removed from the process. People talk about the Grand Exchange as if it were its own entity - perhaps the second cousin of some lesser-known god in Runescape's pantheon - which arbitrarily decides what's going to sell, and for how much. People complain that "The GE isn't selling Item X today," laying the blame on the Grand Exchange God, who works in mysterious ways...

So anyways, when we gained the Grand Exchange, we lost a reminder that we all rely on each other (for money, resources and equipment, at least). We've lost this reminder that other Runescape players are people too, and this is causing players to be more aloof and distant, nowadays. Well, at least this is my theory - I'm probably barking up the wrong tree. :oops: But! Even if everything I just wrote is wrong, this is still true: we all need to remind ourselves from now on that everyone we see is a human being, with a life of their own, in which there has to be at least something worth talking about. I believe that the people who play this game are as friendly now as they ever were, but they're just not as good at breaking the ice as they used to be, so we have to go to extra effort to talk to them so that their natural friendliness can shine through. :)

This is something I have to remind myself of, from time to time. Admittedly, I often get a bit self-absorbed, caught up in my own silly schemes, and I let some people remain strangers when they could have become friends. So, here's the plan: I'm going to try to be attentive and friendly, to start conversations, and to take breaks from whatever I'm up to when somebody wants company. I hope you'll do the same. For instance, if a pink-haired, level 36 nooblet ever captures your attention, don't just keep mum...

capecropped.png

Compliment her on her new cape. :cool:

Playing the new-and-improved castle wars with this character is so much fun. Challenging! But fun. Now, obviously, some things are hard to do in here when you've got 90 life points. Attempts to capture the enemy flag usually don't end successfully. So, I generally just hang back and help my team in other ways...

flagholding.png

In other news, I've been making a surprising amount of money lately by growing toadflax and selling it in back alleys so I bought a bunch of big bones and did this...

bobaltar.png

...until I got this!

43prayer.png

So, I played with it for a bit...

deadbabydrag.png

(Don't worry, monsters in houses don't give any XP.)

...but, now I'm having second thoughts about getting 43 prayer. I mean, it's nice, but it's just a convenience. When you get right down to it, nobody really needs it.

brim.png

(Thank you for your houses and time, Dee and Royal!)

kindness.png

Another wonderful entry, although I didn't realize giant turtles worshiped Bob the Cat. Methinks they might be a bit confused. :lol:

Congrats on 43 Prayer!

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My only question is, how were you able to buy a party hat this early? :shock:

I have a feeling he was having a bit of fun with us on that one. My guess is he borrowed it from a friend, which is why he wasn't concerned about taking it into dangerous places.

I can't seem to find the "Become a Fan" button on this page... Facebook hath spoiled me... Great blog, let me know if there is anything i can do to assist you! Also, I 100% agree with the shift in players, as i recently came back from a few years break. Kids hardly ever talk or just chill out anymore!

You my friend (and yes we're instantly friends because I typed it online and gave you no choice in the matter) have made one of the most entertaining blogs I've read on here. Not gonna lie, I am one of the the people who make insane goals (currently going to 90+ agility) but for me that's how I have fun, its never felt like a grind to me (except for getting 99 hunter...). I have a gilded alter in my house so if you ever need to use it PM me (my name is Nephillus in game) although I'm sure you have plenty of people that are also willing to help.

Thanks for entertaining me at 11:56 at night. :thumbsup:

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png