[TICT] Bk and TT vs Tr and NBK

andyk47

I can't believe there are such huge issues over the world, deciding beforehand was not intelligent as world lag varies wildly. Seems a bit unreasonable to force your opponent to stick to fighting in a laggy world, it's not like we had ulterior motives to purposefully take you to another world where you would lag out, the world wasn't chosen by us.

Regardless of the world, we've won twice in a row, the first time in a world that none of you had problems with by your own admission in this topic. I don't think you can question that we had a superior performance in this tournament

The fuss over the worlds was made by your side, don't have a go at us because we stuck to the rules of the fight on what was a lag free world for all of us, and don't forget, it was your official who agreed upon it.

You won by 9 people, and your world caused us DC's at the worst of moments. We can question your "superiority" as this was an extremely close fight where a single DC could have made the difference. And it did, the 2 we had at the end. The only real annoyance from our side is the DC's that caused our loss in such a close fight, and all the flaming that your side done both when we first logged into the world and then once the fight was over (as well as the closing staged in the jails).

It was a world told by a tip.it staff member

He said the fuss over worlds, not the decision of what world

cdrscpipgw8.png

pmforhelpzg3.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there are such huge issues over the world, deciding beforehand was not intelligent as world lag varies wildly. Seems a bit unreasonable to force your opponent to stick to fighting in a laggy world, it's not like we had ulterior motives to purposefully take you to another world where you would lag out, the world wasn't chosen by us.

Regardless of the world, we've won twice in a row, the first time in a world that none of you had problems with by your own admission in this topic. I don't think you can question that we had a superior performance in this tournament

The fuss over the worlds was made by your side, don't have a go at us because we stuck to the rules of the fight on what was a lag free world for all of us, and don't forget, it was your official who agreed upon it.

You won by 9 people, and your world caused us DC's at the worst of moments. We can question your "superiority" as this was an extremely close fight where a single DC could have made the difference. And it did, the 2 we had at the end. The only real annoyance from our side is the DC's that caused our loss in such a close fight, and all the flaming that your side done both when we first logged into the world and then once the fight was over (as well as the closing staged in the jails).

Please don't quote me unless you're going to come up with a worthwhile arguement, it obviously wasn't a "lag free world for all of us" since we requested a change, we had no other reason to do so (see lack of ulterior motive point from my original post). The "fuss" can't be made by just one side, your side obviously opposed a change of world for no particular reason (why would you stick to the original world if it was proving problematic for one side when you could easily have switched, unless you were trying to spite the opposition). It was extremely easy for you to be reasonable and switch worlds, but you wouldn't until we got tip.it staff involved, so please don't bring in that self-righteous arguement that we're at fault and you're blameless.

Yes, we won this fight by 9 people, so it's possible we would have lost without your disconnects. Unfortunately that was not my point, we beat you already with 14 remaining in the last round and ended with more vs the other semi-finalist than you did. Now, to me, that seems like we performed better regardless of whether a lack of dcs might have led you to win this fight with a few people remaining, feel free to make a convincing arguement for why you performed better overall in the tournament (which is what i originally stated).

Gratz on winning the big one. A set world is rather dumb, I understand your frustration though.

On the topic of Flaming/BK honor I wonder if anything was done when BK Flamed ILL :P

Also to add onto that every clan has their cocky/arrogant members and it's impossible to control it all / agree with the other side that they deserve punishment.

6590ew.jpg

Bottom line is we had to use the world you chose for the first fight, and pretty much ALL of us were lagging on w81, so I don't see why changing worlds was such a big deal. Furthermore the final world selected was chosen by an unbiased party (the tournament staff).

Anyhow we won with 8 remaining and I had to leave early (because it took so long to start) so I really don't think the outcome would have changed either way. Plus we won the first fight?

GF Rising Killers.

Black Titans remained undefeated throughout the tournament and therefore are the champions.

Both sides can make arguements their way but in the end i think these teams are so evenly matched that after 50 wars between them there would still be arguements of who is the better team, due to dcs, being late, flaming or w/e.

Seems to me Bk+TT should still get the win as they are undefeated, winning the previous match between these two opponents, but i really do think it could of gone either way, and if there are future wars between these teams neither really has an advantage over the other.

Just my opinion but meh.

Both teams agree to lagging on the worlds chosen, so wether they went to the pre-arranged world or not, the dcs would have happened. Unlucky, but it happens. Bk+TT being late and flaming is dishonourable but i don't really see why they should be disqualified for it. After all, both sides were lagging on the chosen world so i don't see the problem if the war was delayed to find a different world, chosen by a third party official.

Either way a BIG congratulations to both sides as you've proved just how good you guys are, and how you can adapt to new leaders/clanmates fairly quickly. :thumbup:

Looking forward to more tournaments of this sort, would be nice if more of the higher calibre clans actually stayed true to their commitments and finished the tournament, but either way it was a great experience and thanks to everyone who participated. =D>

PROUD TO BE SE

I watched the whole fight it was very close right until the end, both sides kept taking then losing the lead. There were DC's from RK's side that might have changed the outcome, but if you think a little, BK + TT could have came up with the same excuse if they DC in the original world (even if it was the original world ik.)

Im not taking sides, I have friends in both teams, but I say accept the defeat, because u faught amazing, so did TT+BK. Both of these teams would deserve to win, but luck was on BT's side.

Grats on the win BT, and good job RK, you did amazing, some turnouts of the war really amazed me.

Ps: Was kinda disappointed with the flaming in the end from both sides

Edit: If the evidences are strong enough, I'd rather see a rematch than a DQ. Just cause it was pretty good to watch xD

lightningcopy.png

At the end of the day rules are rules TT+BK broke them. Rules wouldn't have been set if they didn't mean anything TR+NBK Win. The game.

I would be careful to allude to the infallibility of rules as an aribiter on TR's behalf. One only need be reminded that TR failed to show up at all to the originally agreed upon date and time as set out by the negotiated rules by officials of both clans for the of the TT v TR 50 v 50 fight a few rounds ago.

It's been a few years since I've studied logic but perhaps it can be explained to me how a clan can argue to avoid disqualification by appealing to something higher then the rules itself then come back a few rounds later and claim the rules are infallible?

TR broke the rules of that particular fight and should have been disqualified by your arguement but we abided by a tip-it official's decision which was that it would be in the best interest of both clans involved and of the tournament to reschedule the fight given the situation which was done ( http://forum.tip.it/topic/260183-tict-the-titans-vs-the-rising/ )

I could of course point out the inherent paradox, given the above information, of what you've said but I won't because in fact the point of my argument here is that rules are meant as a guideline and not to attempt to seperate black and white. That is, of course, up to the officials and overseers of any given set of rules to interpret as contingencies and inconsistencies outside of the structure of the rules reach reveal themselves.

Needless to say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduct that missing a fight altogether is a far bigger breach of rules then a tip it official giving both clans an unbiased neutral fight world.

And more to the point if the first breach can and has been forgiven then certainly the second, being exponentially the lesser of the two, cannot be denied favour.

Once again, good fight TR and NBK. Despite the loss today both clans deserve recognition for performing extremely well lately. :thumbup:

rsz_11lowkbsig.jpg

bestposter.png

In the valley of RuneScape. Gratz TT + BK for the win. Really, I don't see why TR is complaining about DC's and laggy world, since it was decided by a Clan Staff. If you were lagging so bad so could've TT been lagging too. TR, you should be proud of your performance in the tournament and not to flow your tears on these forums. This isn't a flamebait and isn't posted as offence as I personally like TR, but W/E.

Gratz again BT for winning this Category. <3:

@Andy, there was was flame throughout, when piles collided I saw [cabbage] like "NBK carried TR through" etc

@Ben and the other guy, last round we cut our higher levels and let our less experienced fall in leaders lead knowing the round didn't count for much

@The guy who brings up some other TT vs TR topic, its irrelevant.

@Anyone who wants to say we should of hopped, your clans agreed to it, and if the world changing is what caused the dc's then we're going to feel hard done. Next time don't accept rules you can't live up to.

I've not claimed we won at any point, but our DC's cost us, and we had the lead several times, for you to turn round and spam "too easy" and so forth is not on. I can take a loss but I'm not going to tolerate your insolence.

nbksiglightningks7.gif

.::. 2nri9u.gif NBK Leader 2nri9u.gif .::.

|| #NBK || Natural Born Killers Site || 105+ F2P for FA ~ 110+ to join.||

.::. Clan Europe Event Coordinator .::.

|| #CE || Clan Europe Site || 110+ to join. ||

.::. UNC CL .::.

|| Runescape Community || /msg Rory on Swiftirc, Seersirc and Quakenet ||

At the end of the day rules are rules TT+BK broke them. Rules wouldn't have been set if they didn't mean anything TR+NBK Win. The game.

I would be careful to allude to the infallibility of rules as an aribiter on TR's behalf. One only need be reminded that TR failed to show up at all to the originally agreed upon date and time as set out by the negotiated rules by officials of both clans for the of the TT v TR 50 v 50 fight a few rounds ago.

It's been a few years since I've studied logic but perhaps it can be explained to me how a clan can argue to avoid disqualification by appealing to something higher then the rules itself then come back a few rounds later and claim the rules are infallible?

TR broke the rules of that particular fight and should have been disqualified by your arguement but we abided by a tip-it official's decision which was that it would be in the best interest of both clans involved and of the tournament to reschedule the fight given the situation which was done ( http://forum.tip.it/topic/260183-tict-the-titans-vs-the-rising/ )

I could of course point out the inherent paradox, given the above information, of what you've said but I won't because in fact the point of my argument here is that rules are meant as a guideline and not to attempt to seperate black and white. That is, of course, up to the officials and overseers of any given set of rules to interpret as contingencies and inconsistencies outside of the structure of the rules reach reveal themselves.

Needless to say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduct that missing a fight altogether is a far bigger breach of rules then a tip it official giving both clans an unbiased neutral fight world.

And more to the point if the first breach can and has been forgiven then certainly the second, being exponentially the lesser of the two, cannot be denied favour.

Once again, good fight TR and NBK. Despite the loss today both clans deserve recognition for performing extremely well lately. :thumbup:

You do enjoy veering off topic. TT+BK Broke the rules, if its ok for TT+BK to break the rules for the agreed fight then every clan in the future shall to.

479922644sig.jpg

In the valley of RuneScape. Gratz TT + BK for the win. Really, I don't see why TR is complaining about DC's and laggy world, since it was decided by a Clan Staff. If you were lagging so bad so could've TT been lagging too. TR, you should be proud of your performance in the tournament and not to flow your tears on these forums. This isn't a flamebait and isn't posted as offence as I personally like TR, but W/E.

Its more NBK rather then TR to be completely honest. More or less likely because this is the closest they have come to winning a tornement :unsure: no flame intended

Anyhow we won with 8 remaining and I had to leave early (because it took so long to start) so I really don't think the outcome would have changed either way.

Most fights end with 50-60% of one sides people remaining, but in this case it was blatantly a lot closer because of the DCs. RK were actually ahead by 2 at the 16-14 stage and in a 20v20, that basically means victory however RK suffered a DC letting BT come back to even it out since you killed your target at the same time. So actually 8 people is very little especially from a big fight like this lol. Had BT won with maybe 25-30 remaining, I would have said the DCs would have made no difference but since you ended with only 8, they obviously did.

So on from that, the DCs affected the fight by a clear mile. Considering that the rules had been agreed upon by all parties, agreeing on 81, and then BT haggled (so basically breaking being late for disqualification and not fighting in the world designated) resulted in the DCs being one of the BIG reasons RK lost, without them, I would have bet that RK would have won this.

In my honest opinion, do a RM. Had W134 been originally agreed upon, then fine, gratz BT. But it wasn't, you refused to war in 81 which you agreed on in the rules (so your fault for accepting) and when you lag because your officials didn't check the world first you expect the world to revolve around you and get the world changed? Your clan broke the world rule and the lateness rule - considering yourselves lucky you weren't DQd.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

Its more NBK rather then TR to be completely honest. More or less likely because this is the closest they have come to winning a tornement :unsure: no flame intended

The flame was intended saying it wasn't means nothing. We'd kick up a fuss regardless of the round.

nbksiglightningks7.gif

.::. 2nri9u.gif NBK Leader 2nri9u.gif .::.

|| #NBK || Natural Born Killers Site || 105+ F2P for FA ~ 110+ to join.||

.::. Clan Europe Event Coordinator .::.

|| #CE || Clan Europe Site || 110+ to join. ||

.::. UNC CL .::.

|| Runescape Community || /msg Rory on Swiftirc, Seersirc and Quakenet ||

and here i was thinking tip it was better than zybez...

wrong again. this has just as many whiners on it.

not being funny but it was common courtesy to hop worlds. our officials asked for a world before 9pm which your officials ignored, finally 5 mins late you replied with world 81 has already been agree'd upon. we hop to 81 and 90% of our 73 man turnout are lagging and losing connection before we even enter the portal. we ask for a world hop and you seem set on world 81 for whatever stupid reason. by now it's 9:10pm gmt so we contact a tip.it mod instead of messing around and the fight eventually starts

in short you had a choice of other worlds but your officials were stubborn so the fight started late because a mod had to get involved and sort out your 5 year old temper tantrum.

honestly...

and here i was thinking tip it was better than zybez...

wrong again. this has just as many whiners on it.

3/4 Clans in this topic are RSC based. BEEF is going to happen in a Final Round especially when there was problems w/ the war before it happened.

If you expected Tip.it to be hugs and kisses you were wrong, but trust me the stuff that happens here is more civilized and more debate like rather than L0L U GUISE SUCK

6590ew.jpg

Anyhow we won with 8 remaining and I had to leave early (because it took so long to start) so I really don't think the outcome would have changed either way.

Most fights end with 50-60% of one sides people remaining, but in this case it was blatantly a lot closer because of the DCs. RK were actually ahead by 2 at the 16-14 stage and in a 20v20, that basically means victory however RK suffered a DC letting BT come back to even it out since you killed your target at the same time. So actually 8 people is very little especially from a big fight like this lol. Had BT won with maybe 25-30 remaining, I would have said the DCs would have made no difference but since you ended with only 8, they obviously did.

So on from that, the DCs affected the fight by a clear mile. Considering that the rules had been agreed upon by all parties, agreeing on 81, and then BT haggled (so basically breaking being late for disqualification and not fighting in the world designated) resulted in the DCs being one of the BIG reasons RK lost, without them, I would have bet that RK would have won this.

In my honest opinion, do a RM. Had W134 been originally agreed upon, then fine, gratz BT. But it wasn't, you refused to war in 81 which you agreed on in the rules (so your fault for accepting) and when you lag because your officials didn't check the world first you expect the world to revolve around you and get the world changed? Your clan broke the world rule and the lateness rule - considering yourselves lucky you weren't DQd.

Ever heard of people being out of food because they've been sniped out/piled earlier in the fight? Lol.

@Andy, there was was flame throughout, when piles collided I saw [cabbage] like "NBK carried TR through" etc

@Ben and the other guy, last round we cut our higher levels and let our less experienced fall in leaders lead knowing the round didn't count for much

@The guy who brings up some other TT vs TR topic, its irrelevant.

@Anyone who wants to say we should of hopped, your clans agreed to it, and if the world changing is what caused the dc's then we're going to feel hard done. Next time don't accept rules you can't live up to.

I've not claimed we won at any point, but our DC's cost us, and we had the lead several times, for you to turn round and spam "too easy" and so forth is not on. I can take a loss but I'm not going to tolerate your insolence.

Sounds like an excuse to me, you used your best team in the other semi-final judging by this picture (http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/MonkeyCIA/Picture218.png) and again, we ended with more against them than you did. Saying you didn't try in the semi-final round vs us now seems a little convenient seeing as it hasn't been mentioned before.

The topic that teucrates mentioned isn't irrelevant, as it is an example of a clan being late (by over an hour) and tip.it allowing them to reschedule rather than Dq'ing them (for the record this is different from our case, Tr never showed up to fight us which is why it had to be rescheduled, we were present before this fight was agreed to start, we simply disagreed over the world)

You can feel hard done by the world, but it was chosen by an impartial official, we are to blame for agreeing to a world before we had any oppurtunity to test it out, but as I mentioned before, you had no reason to be so inflexible. You could have entered a discussion and set up a world good for both of us (again, reiterating myself, despite the previous round, world 81 clearly wasn't good for us this time, otherwise we had no reason to request a switch), instead you decided to be stubborn (again.. the only viable reason for that would be just to spite us). Our decision not to use a laggy world and your stubbornness are the direct causes of the new world being chosen, you are as much to blame for the new world being chosen by an outsider as us and it's only through bad luck that you got the dc's rather than us. Honestly, give me a SINGLE reason not to compromise with our officials and hop other than "It was the rules", rules are to ensure fairness (they require reason, old laws are changed as situations change), it would have taken 5 minutes to find a new world that worked out for both of us (alternatively, you can come up with a reason why we would want you to hop if we weren't lagging, especially since we didn't get to choose what world we hopped to and therefore had no control over who it would be worse for).

At the end of the day, you fought and lost, if you had walked away and refused the impartially chosen world maybe you could make an arguement that you had an issue with the rules being altered. Since you fought and decided to complain afterwards, it is apparent that you either want a cheap win or are bitter about the loss.

As to any flaming, shrug it off, your a member of your own clan, you have the only valid opinion of it. If someone else tells me my clan sucks then I laugh at them, because at the end of the day they don't have a clue