Lucid dreaming

Wongtong

I'm going to try this tonight. :thumbup:

Im getting ready to go to bed and shall do this as well. Im very anxious :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'm going to try this tonight. :thumbup:

Im getting ready to go to bed and shall do this as well. Im very anxious :unsure:

Remember, if you freak out you can just hold your breath and it'll be over. You don't have to force yourself to do it with the method in the first post, there are other ways. (Which take more practise) Be sure to post how it went tomorrow :) Have a nice dream :P

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Is this really a worthwhile topic, even if it's posted in Off-Topic?

I think it is. We could post our experiences and what we dreamt about. We could post about any new kinds of symptoms we get while trying to induce lucid dreaming.

I'm going to bed in about in hour. Should be fun if I can make it past the "Are you asleep" stage.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm going to attempt this. I don't think I could stand lying still for more than five minutes but I'll try my best.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Been trying (unsuccessfully) for a while now. Tried earlier today and it felt entirely different to the past times I tried - I think I got incredibly close to drifting off. I truly felt as if I were transcending into a completely different plane of consciousness and I was fully aware that I was doing it; it was pretty amazing in my opinion.

Will give it another try later and see if I can finally pull it off.

If what everyone is saying is true...sounds like a free, healthy way to get high...and while you're asleep too! Sounds pretty awesome, and makes me look forward to going to bed.

If what everyone is saying is true...sounds like a free, healthy way to get high...and while you're asleep too! Sounds pretty awesome, and makes me look forward to going to bed.

I don't really think it's like being high. Try it and see for yourself though, the experience varies a lot between people.

I have found another 'method' to lucid dream. I haven't tested this myself but here goes:

Lie on your back with arms on pillow above head until sleepy.

Get into your usual position.

This signals to your brain 'sleep time'

Keep telling yourself you are about to have a lucid dream and visualise walking up/down steps to the dream world.

Ignore any itches or urges to move.

You will soon see either visual disturbances (patterns) or the steps become much more vivid. Sounds are good signs.

Eventually you may feel high but not always.

You will see a scene form. The steps lead into it.

Jump into the scene.

Done

Someone else tested this method and said:

Anyways, I waited until about 5 am to do this, to make sure I was extremely tired.

I used the method described in this picture. After about 20 minutes, I began to see flashing lights, and the lights eventually started forming patterns.

As I was imagining going up the stairs, I began to feel like I was being pulled through the sky, extremely fast, as if I was on a roller coaster. my left eye started twitching, and for a split second, I saw a field at the top of the stairs.

After this, however, I began to get excited about it finally happening, and it all reverted back to the point of just bits of flashing light. I wasn't sure if I was in the lucid dream or not, so I opened my eyes and looked around. Saw nothing. I wasn't sure whether or not I was actually in it, so I stood up, turned on my light,and looked at my fingers.

Sadly, It was RL. Lame ending, I know /:

Another random helpful quote:

I actually have done it before. It takes about 20 mins of just lying there to get the feeling of weight on your chest but once you get that far then you start to see things. I didn't have that much control per say but concentrating hard on things helps. The having flash backs from long forgotten events in your life is a norm also.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll keep it short and might elaborate some other time. I think I got into REM sleep, but I'm not sure if I was really completely paralyzed.

I did feel like there was a box or something on my chest, but when I tried to move my thumb, it worked. Now, this REM sleep, thing, my eyes started moving around violently (to the point they started tearing) but that's all that happened. What am I supposed to do then? Just keep on sleeping? I didn't dream and when I opened my eyes I wasn't hallucinating or anything. I tried to imagine myself into a dream but that didn't work.

I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll keep it short and might elaborate some other time. I think I got into REM sleep, but I'm not sure if I was really completely paralyzed.

I did feel like there was a box or something on my chest, but when I tried to move my thumb, it worked. Now, this REM sleep, thing, my eyes started moving around violently (to the point they started tearing) but that's all that happened. What am I supposed to do then? Just keep on sleeping? I didn't dream and when I opened my eyes I wasn't hallucinating or anything. I tried to imagine myself into a dream but that didn't work.

You body should feel stiff, like you can't move, and you should start hallucinating, at which point you can close your eyes and start Lucid Dreaming.

So last night as I was doing the first method the OP had posted, I could not stay still. I tried so many times. But I could not stay still for the life of me. I didnt reach any stage of lucid dreaming, so yeah. I am going to try this again later tonight in hopes of a better result.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I tried this last night. I think I did it wrong... I was just laying there and then I woke up :/ My eyes didn't go crazy or anything and I didn't feel a weight on my chest or whatever... I didn't really have any urge to move around and I wasn't itching... at all... I'm pretty sure I was staying perfectly still. I just fell asleep, I think >.> Halp?

It happened again :wall: I tried telling myself that I was going to lucid dream, but that didn't do anything :/ I just fell asleep again without knowing it >.> Am I just not able to do it? :/ I guess I'll try one of teh other methods tonight >.>

I tried it last night but it didn't work for me. I got to the eye movement and hearing sounds part early on but then it just stopped. I lied still for a few more minutes with nothing else happening and I just fell asleep without trying. My big toe twitched twice but I don't think that was enough to cancel the entire thing.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I have personally done this unconsciously (as I do have some sleep issues and the method described is the best way to induce sleep,) and let me tell you, I have had some really wierd dreams. A lot of my dreams involve real life situations that occurred in the last few weeks, but completely mixed up. Different people may be substituted and events may occur slightly differently (along with the normal paranormal and supernatural things that occur in most people's dreams.)

The most interesting point is that I can feel the duality between the real world and dream world when I dream in this way - I'm aware it is a dream. However, I have limited control over the events in the dream - I cannot change the dream to my whims. However, the one very useful technique I have learnt is how to consciously end the dream whenever I like. Now this may not work for other people, but when I want to end one of these "forced dreams", I simply relax, and close my eyes within the dream, as if I were trying to go to sleep normally. This either jerks me awake (which is quite shocking,) or I will feel my mind go blank, and then wake up in the morning.

As far as the food/minerals that apparently induce these dreams, I highly doubt they do. I just think it's generally luck that the person using these things actually have a dream. Or a scam for hippies to sell their [cabbage]. Pick your favourite.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I got to the part where you feel the wight on your chest, but I couldn't move during my dream, I just kinda saw everything as it was happening, like a movie.

Meh I tried to do it again last night but I just fell asleep. I did quite a bit of reading before so my eyes were tired, and once I closed them it wasn't long before I just fell asleep. Oh well, there's plenty of other nights to try it again. I've started keeping a dream log, too.

I'm really interested to try this so the last 2 days I've been looking at videos of this of people who experience and tutorials to get lucid dreaming.

It seems, the most common thing, is get a Dream Journal, put it next to your bed and just write down dreams you have instantly as you wake up. Since dream recall upon waking up is very good but even minimal muscle movements can blur the dreams you've had so writing it down instantly is good. I've also throughout the day been saying to myself, tonight I will lucid dream, and I've kept controlling my breathing and looking at my hand for reality checks. Tonight I am going try it. The first night it almost worked, I heard the noises, then I "slipped" off something and jolted awake, so I think that was me thinking too much as I went into sleep paralysis or something.

Wish me luck!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I'm this close to giving up. I just can't seem to be able to do it, whenever I get close to it I somehow "get back to my room".

I guess I'll just ditch it for a while and get back to it sometime in the future.

I'm this close to giving up. I just can't seem to be able to do it, whenever I get close to it I somehow "get back to my room".

I guess I'll just ditch it for a while and get back to it sometime in the future.

Just keep trying different techniques. There are plenty of YouTube videos on it you can watch.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Meh I tried to do it again last night but I just fell asleep. I did quite a bit of reading before so my eyes were tired, and once I closed them it wasn't long before I just fell asleep. Oh well, there's plenty of other nights to try it again. I've started keeping a dream log, too.

Keeping a dream log is pretty awesome, I've been keeping one since last year and I look back and realise I have lots of [bleep]ed up dreams. They're funny though.

My dream recall has gotten pretty good, what I do is think about what I've dreamed about right after I wake up. I don't necessarily write them down right away (too busy for that). I can remember dreams for quite a long time (a week or so) and I'm still able to recall them in detail.

I've kinda given up forcing myself to lucid dream, although it was quite interesting.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.