Sketch Dumps and More!

Echocut

Echo's 2k13 Sketch Dump.

Hello! Welcome to Echo's Sketch Dump thread, where I post my most recent works, W.I.Ps, and finished projects.

Most of the works I will post here is rough-lined and incomplete. I have a few projects in the works, so bear with me until then!

All of these postings were used with a Fujifilm camera and uploaded via Photobucket.

Critiques would be appreciated.

[spoiler=A Christmas Card]

DSCF4811_zps52b2993b.jpg

DSCF4818_zpsc837dd12.jpg

^ I tried to design a Christmas card to send to family, but it never got finished. Here are some samples of it during the designing process. I did like designing the clothes though.

[spoiler=A New Member!]

DSCF4810_zps27349a9d.jpg

^ This is when our new family member came, our Siberian Husky/Blue Heeler mix: Bandit.

Here is one of my Projects:

[spoiler=PROJECT WALL]A Wallpaper of Miss Yoko! Now, if you have never seen TTGL, I am not forcing you to go out and watch it, but I would advise some research. TTGL is one of my favorite shows, and one that everyone should at least watch once.

Yes, yes, there are TONS of fan-made wallpapers of her. However, I wanted to make my own.

DSCF4808_zps04f502d0.jpg

DSCF4807_zps7052ad80.jpg

^ The first pic is one of many sketches that I did in preparation for this project. I tried different views, trying to get a sense of how the body sits in that position. The second post is the sketch on Bristol board. I plan on using color, but right now I am working on perspective and proportions. To this point, I have yet to use any references... I really should though.

[spoiler=Clicky for the original thread- A blast from the past!]Here are a few that I want to share: *MAY CONTAIN LONG LOAD TIMES*

[hide=First Members]Echocut3.jpg

-This was a few years ago when I first joined Members, so all I had was a Dragon Longsword (before they changed the shape) and a few others.

-Wearing: Polar top + legs, Cooking Gauntlets, Glory Amulet, Dragon Longsword, Obsidian Cape, and a Saradomin Prayer Book. (I don't know which ring, but I'm guessing Charos, but don't quote me on that.)

-Done in graphite. (Pencil)

-This was my first time working (just uploading) with photoshop, so there are a few things I could touch up with but kept it as is.[/hide]

[hide='Attempt at RS Comics]MemeShield.png

-Hm, I think I got the inspiration from the art and/or off-topic forums... Cannot remember which.

Anyways, first attempt of a RS Paint Comic since I didn't know all the workings of Photoshop and kinda wanted to challenge myself.

-It was fun doing this, even though it is not shaded and such. Never knew why the other player was skulled though. :unsure: [/hide]

[hide=Quickie]AndrewsPicture.jpg

-After finding out about this forum, I quickly 'sketched' out my RS Avatar in it's current state. Never bothered the details with Lord Marshal robes, but I think it was good nonetheless at 2 am. :-#

-Wearing: Lord Marshal Top, Skirt, Gloves, (and boots), Blessed Spirit Shield, Nature Amulet, and a Trimmed Skillcape.[/hide]

Might post some more stuff later on.

-Echocut

*EDIT* I have more works in line to be scanned in. Hope to get some in within next week.

I might even submit one to the Player's Gallery.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

More more more!! :thumbsup: I love the energy/emotion in the first one especially :) ("First Members")

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Not bad, hope you will finish the first and the third one.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Here's one I'm working on now:

[hide=A Closer Look]AndrewsPicture-1.jpg

Graphite.

Inspiration came from hunting Greenwalls. Since they curl up when you are close to one, I thought it would be a interesting drawing.

Will probably do a few more touchups, but I thought it would be nice to post this.

By the way, Greenwalls are soo cute! <3:

[/hide]

If I could find the original of the first one, I would re-scan it in.

The third one was just a quick sketch, nothing more. Unless this place is for 'finished' art only. :blink:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Hard to critique when it is unfinished :lol: I will reserve my comments until you are nearly done.

PS: It would be awesome if there is going to be a top hat going along with the monocle, just saying. <3:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Graphite.

Inspiration came from hunting Greenwalls. Since they curl up when you are close to one, I thought it would be a interesting drawing.

Will probably do a few more touchups, but I thought it would be nice to post this.

[/hide]

These are really good, keep it up =D>

Is that the monocle from the new quest though?

The "quickie" =D>

Awesome work, love the spirit shield<3

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Graphite.

[/hide]

If I could find the original of the first one, I would re-scan it in.

The third one was just a quick sketch, nothing more. Unless this place is for 'finished' art only. :blink:

LOVE that one. Mind if I use it as my desktop background?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Oh wow, I really love the last quick sketch you have in your main post and the one with the Greenwalls. They would look really great as fully coloured digital pieces too!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Really like the quickie one, spirit shield looked very nice in that one.

The grenwall one was the one I liked the most. Never seen them up close and you made them look really cute in the picture. <3:

• 2 years later...

Bump the Dump-

[spoiler=Swimsuits in Winter! (mild adult content)]DSCF4806_zps215bd9d5.jpg

DSCF4805_zpsaa949ae8.jpg

Here's an explanation.

I love to daydream at work. It helps me unwind from the stress and makes time fly by.

These two are products of a daydream I had, but the characters themselves dated back way before then. I believe I was in Junior High when I made these two- Reina (top) and Sora (bottom). I gave them personalities- Reina being the modest one, and Sora... well I think you get the idea.

I made Sora right after I got home, the daydream fresh in my mind. Reina was a bit of a problem though, trying to re-create that daydream days later. The body sits awkward and it does not fit on the page. Her expression I tried to get is 'What are you looking at!?' but the body language says something else.

Anyway, hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did drawing 'em.

*EDIT* Okay, why is this thread in the RS Media and not the Gallery?... I'll get some RS themed arwork started soon then.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention