Killz from tha last reopen ~

joe_pile

Heh, I haven't had the chance to do this in foreverrrrr, but since RSC will be re-opening again on May 11th or so, I figured I'd post my kills from the last reopening to perhaps stimulate some interest in playing & pking on good ol' RSC again.

A note: As some older players & others figured out last reopen... unfortunately, the main "pk scene" is still around the craptastic mage wall, but it's also possible to get fights going at tha rune rocks, such as if you piss off a miner and he assembles a team to take care of ya :razz: . Catching has of course changed a lil' bit, as PID will randomly change regardless if you log out or not (i believe they haven't corrected this yet anyway).... but really, from the majority of the players that I've fought, catching isn't really needed... as most people prefer to start cutting webs to mage bank while still having food. So you just have to hope that the webs give them a hard time and that you are able to make the 1 possible catch before they can get to tha bank's "safety" area (this is how I have to 'catch' ppl dead now.. as shown in a few kills below).

So in other words, p2p pking on RSC isn't too bad for the first month(s) or so, while the player activity is still fairly high. It's nothing like pkin' f2p, but that will likely never happen again, except on crap p-servers... as Jagex sucks.

Also, to the rs2 players that do end up trying or playing RSC a bit; don't get sucked into the lameness that is staking. Pkin' is where it's at, and if some didn't know already, there are tons of "wined" or "fatigued" staking chars that people have botted for the last many years that will dominate any legit person's character the majority of tha time.

Ah yeah, one more thing, I'll post the few afk kills I have as well, as I've always disliked most of tha ppl in them, and to show that some people indeed do try to train legit on RSC still. :smile:

123miner.png

Lv 123 miner

113miner.png

Lv 113 miner - Cause of death : using cakes and running str8 east. :\

113mina.png

Same lv 113, different name.

92miner.png

Lv 90(?) miner - Shawn99 aka Jakiss :razz: To his credit, I think he lagged hard in this fight. Dunno why I missed tha screenie. :mellow:

92miner2.png

& again

ahlena.png

Some lv 110 miner/p-mod at the time.

afkshorty.png

Lv 80 something, Shorty__2001. aka Shorty 2001, the infamous lv 120 weakening, crap wall pker from years back. Afk but w/e, i've always disliked this guy. :smile:

lookingman117.png

Lv 117 - I remember always seeing this dude years back, could never kill him as he seemed to never actually afk. Apparently he changed his ways. :smile:

95.png

Lv 95 - ye, im da man

sss.png

Lv 70-something: This guy has a lv 102 as well, RuneJohan, and he is the equivalent of an Anttilla/Ss Killer-type pker (he mainly fights either 1 square from tha wall, or 1 space from the safety area in mage bank).. so I'll take any kill I can get on 'em.

thedanish.png

First kill upon playing again, some lv 80. Thedanish.

106.png

Softcentral (106) - He was on his way to kbd, otherwise he'd have likely beat me, as he's 99 hp or so.

ownz0r.png

Lv 106?

666geno.png

666geno (90~) - minerr

666geno2.png

666geno (90~) - Once again, though this time he got stuck in webs, and eventually caught 1 step away from freedom.. where he finally died.

badboy8180.png

Badboy8180 (116) - Same guy from above, just a different char, as this guy has quite a few, most being 99 hprs of course. Anyway, this is one of my fondest moments upon playing again; I found Raimus and Badboy fighting eachother, so I joined in to make it a triple-threat. First, I helped Raimus fight Badboy... then when I saw fit, I took Badboy's side (he was g-staffin) to try eliminate Rai. :mrgreen: Eventually, it became a free-for-all again, & after a bit, Badboy tried walling after failing to cut the webs to tha bank repeatedly, but I luckily caught and 3 hit 'em. Raimus pj'd straight after with me being on about 11 hp, but somehow my 86 def prevailed and I was able to run, heal up, and get all of tha pile. :mrgreen:

guywhocantcutweb.png

Badboy8180 (116) -, again - Him and another 99 hp'r fought me and my pimpin' lv 90 team at tha wall. Like usual, Badboy started cutting webs on 5 shark or so, but the webs put up a helluva fight and he ended up no food & low hp by the time he cut tha last web. Once again, I managed to catch him on the last square to safety and finally finished 'em.

gigulijr.png

gigulijr (Lv 83 ~pure) - Fought him at pirates, then at wall.. he eventually gave up trying to cut webs and opened door to run to wall, but got 3 hit from near full, first time doing that in forevaaaaaaaaa; I'd say it almostttt beats making a few lucky snipe shots/any other type of sweet scenario on H3/any other online game, just for the sake of comparison.. you know, that "HOLY ****" feeling n whatnot. :mrgreen:

link.png

Some lv 80 impure I ran into at hobs.. caught a few times n eventually 3 hit.

bodyjarule.png

B_O_D_Y_J_A (80 pure) - Kind of reminds me of Ja Rule; guy varies between using addy & rune, though I do give 'em credit for even trying to pk @ wall with such low def. In this scenario, I was fighting Badboy and his god staff team 'n getting beat badly, so I made my way toward bank, found this guy running from a teammate, and decided I'd be best off fighting him instead. Caught once n 3 hit from low hp. :smile:

roorback.png

Roorback (106) - First full-rune kill in years; I think I ended up killing him with 1 hp remaining.

DaRealArch.png

Da Real Arch (117) - Fought him & a lv 80-odd pure with my lv 90 m8 - It ended up being both of us no food after each of our teammates died, and I managed a good combo to get tha kill from mid hp.

* Now don't let the amount of kills fool ya, I could have very easily doubled the amount of full-rune kills, but being that I'm only 91 hp, not the greatest catcher in the world (the new PID system doesn't always help either), and surprisingly, a lot of players are just as lame as ever (either simply walling & logging or making a run to edge, getting cut-off, then logging before getting att'd)... it makes getting kills quite difficult most of tha time. So what I'm trying to say is, I fought plenty of new and old names in the wild during tha first few months of the last reopen.. so if you're looking for some good old-fashioned RSC pking, without the horrid combat system and massive teams that p-servers are flooded with, at least try out RSC again on May 11th or whenever it is supposed to reopen... I shall be waiting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~ Thanks to those who actually read all that I typed.. heh... I guess I'm still in typing-mode since finals just got done wit'. :smile:

Didn't I see you recently in lumby Joe ? Lmaoz. whaddup ?

Heh, you may have, though I don't recall seeing ya recently. I got p2p again a few weeks back to check how RSC was doing, but haven't been on much since.

& as far as my topic title stating that RSC will reopen around May 11th, I'm beginning to think it may be a lil' later than that. Despite a lot of players wanting to know what's up, Jagex hasn't made any statements (that I'm aware of) regarding their plans on reopening RSC every 6 months, as they had said last November. Then again, I wouldn't put it past them to simply reopen it on the 11th with no prior announcements.. but, I guess only time will tell.

you able to make an RSC pking vid? :P always wanted to see one tbh, especially if it's left as much unedited as possible.

was may 11 the reopen, or has it not happened yet? :D

I tried making a vid on a few different occasions during the last reopen, but unfortunately my computer lags far too much for me to be able to constantly mage, run, & heal efficiently. :angry:

& the reopens haven't happened yet; I read that it could also be on the 25th of May... since technically, Jagex announced their decision to reopen RSC every 6 months after the last reopen period had ended... which was on Nov. 25th. So yeah, I'm counting on them announcing something soon... and RSC being reopened sometime during May.

& Raimus... oh yes, RSC does own. :razz: Hopefully we can fight once again soon, or perhaps team up against the team of Badboy/Xx P3psi X/7 Sunny Days.. as I'm sure they'll be out in full force, god staffs 'n all. :mrgreen:

Lol, why must you jump in on the Badboy and Raimus fight. Love to see who's the winner is. Idk any names from other pic and idc!

Any fight with the older big names players on RSC and post it next time would be nice to see. :thumbup:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I PM'ed you. You didn't reply there Dark = ( NEwayz there will be plenty of time for rematches in the near future. :mrgreen:

I did reply but you logout as soon as I press enter to send you a PM lol. You were saying something about ''A legend (you I guess) has login'' lmaol.

Good luck on your future fight, MK leader :lol:

If you ran into any of the older high lvl schoolers, pwn them Old schools high lvl players down since I never get to fight most of them cause of banned for life back in summer 2003 :evil:

Anyone who got to high lvl from late summer 2003, then I dunno or never heard of them and idc lol.

*I do still play RS, but not Classic cause skills is all level 1, reset by jagex*

Status:Retired, I just like to set it to Retired, I still play Rs2 a lot though, but not RSC. Gl, mate!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Yeah sorry bout that, comp logged me out then inet shut off :ohnoes: But yeh I said sumthing about that. You are a Legend. Hope to see more of some faimular faces soon; as It always does the soul some good to see players from the old days. Even though your status is set to retired i kept you added. I hope to be well rounded soon enough. Congraduations to all thoose playing since 2001 and etc.

Hope to get into some Battles soon. pk hand is going age sht.

Lol, why must you jump in on the Badboy and Raimus fight. Love to see who's the winner is. Idk any names from other pic and idc!

Any fight with the older big names players on RSC and post it next time would be nice to see. :thumbup:

Well, if I wouldn't have jumped in on that fight, I don't think you'd have any idea of the eventual winner.. if there would have even been one (Badboy would wall/bank wit food without hesistation if necessary). Also, with RSC pking as it is, it's extremely rare to find two 99 hp'rs actually fighting eachother 1 on 1 with no one else involved... let alone both being players I often fought... so what better chance for a lowly 91 hp'r such as myself to knock one of 'em off? :razz:

& as far as fighting "older big name players," the only ones I recall seeing in tha wild (on a consistent basis) during the last reopening were Swifty, DSM, & Kd0g... all of whom were usually fighting the good fight against the new-breed of auto'd-up 99 hp stakers that wall pk wit' multiple god-staffers... so I'd usually try fight alongside them during those encounters. I know there were plenty of other 'old-schoolers' that logged in to RSC (Max333, Meet, etc.), but most didn't stick around to pk, as they had no items in their RSC bank. :-|

& Raimus... oh yes, RSC does own. :razz: Hopefully we can fight once again soon, or perhaps team up against the team of Badboy/Xx P3psi X/7 Sunny Days.. as I'm sure they'll be out in full force, god staffs 'n all. :mrgreen:

we sure will =D

I PM'ed you. You didn't reply there Dark = ( NEwayz there will be plenty of time for rematches in the near future. :mrgreen:

I did reply but you logout as soon as I press enter to send you a PM lol. You were saying something about ''A legend (you I guess) has login'' lmaol.

Good luck on your future fight, MK leader :lol:

If you ran into any of the older high lvl schoolers, pwn them Old schools high lvl players down since I never get to fight most of them cause of banned for life back in summer 2003 :evil:

Anyone who got to high lvl from late summer 2003, then I dunno or never heard of them and idc lol.

*I do still play RS, but not Classic cause skills is all level 1, reset by jagex*

Status:Retired, I just like to set it to Retired, I still play Rs2 a lot though, but not RSC. Gl, mate!

So you still play rs2 Dark yeng?

Yes. You? Rs2 with MAX Graphic Setting is nice though.

Dark_Yeng.png

~ Hmong Pride ~

• 1 year later...