Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

There's so many things that annoy us. Often irrationally - Tourettes, for instance. So, this thread is aimed for those who wants to vent about it on Tip.it. After-all, this is a 500+ page thread.

Hi thread, expect me to visit you a lot and whine.

When you lend someone one of your items ONCE then they just start borrowing it without asking. Now I don't buy things for myself that other people would want to use.

When my sister leaves all of her junk on my bed. It's understandable because I've got the bottom bunk but sometime she goes to bed without clearing it.

People leaving my bedroom door open when they walk out when it was closed when they walked in. This irritates me to no end.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

hey, my old thread got remade :thumbup:

i get annoyed a lot by people who not back up their arguments

"your racist!"

"Why?"

"You're a racist and you should feel bad about it!"

"Bu-"

"Shut the [bleep] up and dont talk to me again"

"._."

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Same with the whiners and complainers bit. Complaining doesn't help anything, and it's really annoying and self centered.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Same with the whiners and complainers bit. Complaining doesn't help anything, and it's really annoying and self centered.

Complaining raises problems which other people may not have noticed, allowing solutions which benefit not just you but people around you. However I understand what you meant.

Complaining raises problems which other people may not have noticed, allowing solutions which benefit not just you but people around you. However I understand what you meant.

There are ways to do that without complaining.

Complaining: "Oh my god I hate _____ she doesn't do anything and is so annoying like ______'

Constructive conversation: "I don't think it's fair that I've done this and this but ___ hasn't done much. Perhaps she could do something to even the workload?"

Obviously this is a generic conversation, but there are ways to treat every situation, and complaining shouldn't be the only solution.

polvCwJ.gif

Complaining: "Oh my god I hate _____ she doesn't do anything and is so annoying like ______'

Constructive conversation: "I don't think it's fair that I've done this and this but ___ hasn't done much. Perhaps she could do something to even the workload?"

Obviously this is a generic conversation, but there are ways to treat every situation, and complaining shouldn't be the only solution.

I think the first one if more of a ranting/whining thing.

The second is complaining IMO.

But if you disagree then our disagreement stands on what each defines as a complaint, rather than the action itself.

I wasn't going to post what annoys me because I can't explain it. However its based upon the fact that:

appears to me as exactly the same

I suppose you could lump it together in the same category, but what I mean is that there's a way to complain.

In the first example, the language is rude, and offers no positive points or a solution. In the second, it is polite, reasonable, and offers a solution.

As long as conflict occurs, so will complaining - but there's a way to be tactful about it.

polvCwJ.gif

I'm a cashier and it irritates me when people don't put the money in my hand but on the counter.

and...when my parents come in my room and don't close the door when they leave.

:wall:

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Instructors who go on a long speech about why we, as students, should not want them to "curve" a grade. Yes, we all know what the [bleep] curving a grade actually is (putting it to a bell curve, ect.) but what we really mean is just adjust the scores upwards slightly on a difficult test (I.E highest score 90% adjust the scores up by 10%).

Seriously annoys me to no end when instructors do this, and a lot of them do.

Ignorance.

Malicious ignorance or a form of benevolent ignorance?

I.e. do they choose to remain ignorant, or are they just ignorant. Choose carefully.

What really annoys me as stated by SwampJedi, are people who can't drive, so they get into 50 different accidents, so they go into uber defensive mode, and they break crazy prematurely so they don't rear end the other drivers, causing someone to rear end them. Happened to me last June (09) the lady said "goddamnit! This is my 15th accident in 4 years and its not my fault!" Uhhh lady, if you had that many, it's always gonna be your fault XD. And just on the highway on my way to work yesterday, I almost rear ended someone because they came to a complete stop in the middle lane of the highway! I was scared someone would slam into me. I mean wtf? I was the 4th car in the line, the 2nd and 3rd cars had to swerve into other lanes (thank god there was no other traffic at the time, it was at 1am) And we were all just staring at the soccer van, who the person on the cellphone just started driving, like they stopped for a red light. And Old people breaking for no reason bugs me, even my grandma who's 78 I believe, always wonders why people her age break for no reason. She knows its more dangerous to go slow, or break than to go too fast.

edit:

I'm a cashier and it irritates me when people don't put the money in my hand but on the counter.

and...when my parents come in my room and don't close the door when they leave.

yepp, at my last job, they'd put the money on the counter, and slide it forward, and when it was change. AHHHH! Some even wanted to swipe their card instead of me, and if I had to swipe it twice they'd get all angry "Don't charge me double!!"

Edited by Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When people can't differentiate between 'your' and 'you're'. It has become so common, I've found that usually if 'you're' is in the name of a song then the song name with 'your' instead is a more popular youtube search. Yes I know it's silly to think that it matters but it bothers me that people with English as their first language still get it wrong when I was taught it at the age of five.

Maybe the dictionary should just be changed to meet modern standards.

redarrows-1.png

Couple of things annoy me.

People on facebook is one of my biggest annoyances. I mean facebook is great and everything but there are a few things people do that I can't stand. First thing is people who become fans of (I guess it's like now but that's unimportant) thousands of pages, lots of them with names like "become a fan if you're wearing [clothing item] right now" or like random quirks. I've decided it's an attempt to get an attention by being in as many peoples news feeds as much as possible, since there are people I'm friends with on facebook who I've talked to maybe twice in my life that dominate my newsfeed while the people I actually care about get drowned out. And yes, I know I can hide people, I'm just lazy.

That was longer than I wanted it to be, I'll just make everything else short. Farmville, not as big now but I've already wasted 5 years of my life on a [cabbage]ty game, I'm never going to play one that involves waiting for [cabbage] to grow. I can do that in real life and actually benefit from it.

People who add lots of extra letters to their words. It stops working as emphasis when you do it in every single word with multiple letters. It also isn't emphasis when you're emphasizing letters that don't really affect the word and doing it to words that aren't correct to emphasize. Like writing "sooo" is fine with me; writing "textttt" or "maddd" is just dumb.

People who make [cabbage] up for attention. This relates to facebook for me because that's the only time I really notice it. For example there was this one girl who would always put like whiny attention [bleep] status updates like "it's over" up every few hours. Same thing always happened too, the same one or two people would always comment saying something like "omg whats wrong?" and the person who wrote it would always reply with "text me". Not sure why that annoys me so much but it does.

On more real life stuff, people who try to get you to ask what's wrong so they can tell you a long story you really don't care about by sighing loudly, waiting to see if you ask what's wrong and if you don't doing it again and louder until you ask or they break down and just start telling you about it anyways.

Another thing is people who think that every time anyone does something you don't like, it's their duty in life to fight them. If you're the more "dominate" person, they try to fight you because they think it means they take over your position if they win. In the world we live in today, being a better fighter means [cabbage] unless you're going to be a boxer. Colleges aren't going to accept you and employers won't hire you because you were the toughest kid in your school. Especially when you pick up multiple assault charges for those fights.

I look like a huge introvert/nerd who hates humanity because of this but oh well.

Edit: Holy [cabbage] I didn't realize I wrote that much. :uhh:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

when people online dont use any punctuation or capitalization

and like to press enter every sentence or at least every few sentences

they also usually dont spell very well either

plus there are a few here on tif that are especially obnoxious because they dont even pause during their sentences and just keep going and going but thankfully theyre mostly in the runescape boards though

would suck if there were in ot lol

Good lord typing that was painful :(

wl7w9j.png